Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#1 Feb 15, 2010 12:41 AM

SpyroroxThe2nd
Gems: 0

I'm Just About Ready to Give Up...

Let's face it. It's February 14, and we haven't even seen a TRAILER for this movie. At this rate, it won't be out by April. Remember the original release date of December 2008, then 2009? I'm starting to think it's a hoax. Anyone with proof otherwise, it'd be much appreciated, because I'm pretty much ready to give up on this movie. Here's why I think it's fake:
-The poster has no official proof it's from a company. Posters are super easy to create if have the right stuffon your computer, so anyone could have made it
-Don't you think if Spyro were going to be made into a movie, a bigger company would dive at the chance to get it?  It's a million dollar franchise in itself. Velvetoctopus is just too random for me.
-No official cast yet? How can we expect a movie to be ready by april without the voices picked?
I try not to be negative, but I have to face what's real. As of now, I think the chances of this being fake are 65% to 35%

Chillin' like a dragon.

#2 Feb 15, 2010 8:58 PM

Andy123

Re: I'm Just About Ready to Give Up...

thank you. I really do believe it was a hoax the whole time. different dates, cast, posters, and companys were just keep being thrown at us.

Atra esterni ono theluin. Atra gulia un ilian tauthr ono un atra ono waise sholiro fra rauthr. Orothrim malthinae ono.

#3 Feb 15, 2010 11:41 PM

spyrothemuppet
Website

like i posted in a topic before  the movie is still in pre-production stage acording to a email i recived from velvet octopus after i sent them one of course

in my own opinion and i quote my own
i think they are going to wait to see how well the film
how to train your dragon
is recived in reviews and how much it makes before they put it in production so i think the date april 10th is when they will anounce if they put it in to production and will be released around the time of the next game relese this boosting the spyro name in to the public domane

#4 Feb 16, 2010 2:29 PM

PYROX
Gems: 60
Website

#5 Feb 16, 2010 4:44 PM

Fireriven

I feel like sending an email to the company (the animation picture company) to ask whats happening with the film. At least that way we could be certain whether or not its coming out.

#6 Feb 16, 2010 7:01 PM

Nydie
Website

It could be possible they are working on the animation and are just not sure what they want the voices to be. I mean you can have the script but no voice to go with it. So it is possible it is a hoax. It is also possible it is not. Animation takes a good while.
But if it is a hoax, I think it is funny that they would pick something like SPYRO to sling a hoax about. I mean the Spyro fandum is no where near as big as a buncha the other fandums.
But what I find most hoax-ie about this movie is the fact that they have cutscenes in the games. I mean you could just snap all those cutscenes together and have a movie right there. So I think the chances of this movie being a hoax are around 45%. So pushing back the dates over a movie that could be made from cutscenes. God.
Well. But if this movie is REAL... and is being made by the "same producers as Eragon" as it says on the poster I have seen... It will just flunk. So it is a fail fail either way you look at it.

#7 Feb 16, 2010 8:20 PM

FearDragoness

Well, we would only complain if the movie came out and it had been rushed. We all know what a rushed Spyro looks like - Enter the Dragonfly. But like I've said before, I'll only believe it when a trailer is out or some official company starts talking about it, or if it's featured in magazines, something of that sort.

#8 Feb 16, 2010 9:45 PM

THEKIDWITHAKNIFE.

Well whatever they do I hope they don't rush it! And most of all that the producers of ERAGON don't slaughter it like Eragon. if they R even doing this movie... if this movie is even going to be made at all! Well, I can hope can't I. I think that Spyro has really come a long way and that the franchise really deserves a movie...A good one. Man I can rant for hours about how much eragon was destroyed. but I still hope this movie comes out. I honestly am still holding out hope for it and, after all this time, am still pretty exited for it. Well ...whoever does this movie, and if no movie then sombody should totally make one!, please...PLEASE do a good job...for spyro, cause the purple guy deserves it! neutral

Getting old: It's gonna Happen.
Growing up: Not a chance!

"opinions are, imunity to being told your wrong...
paper, rock, and scissors they, all have their pros and cons!" .....................(Reliant K)

Check me out on Youtube.com and DeviantArt.com!!!

#9 Feb 17, 2010 2:42 AM

~cornys~

I've given up hope and it was December 2009 when that hapened lol..

Looking forward to November 2010 now for what should be a new game.. find out about that around April probably if there is going to be one smile

After that if nothing's doing I'm gonna have to give up on Spyro and just hope to keep it alive in fanfiction.

If tomorrow may never come, and yesterday is just a memory, then what is today worth?

-Cameron (Cornys) Corns

#10 Feb 17, 2010 2:06 PM

Rurikredwolf
Birthday: 14 October
Website

I personally hope they work on  a good GAME rather than  a movie. They are NOT READY.

#11 Feb 17, 2010 2:53 PM

FearDragoness

Yeah, it would be nice to see what's going on in the Dragon World after Malefor died. Perhaps a new enemy is on the horizon. But I hope they don't bring back enemies again -_-

#12 Feb 17, 2010 8:09 PM

~cornys~

Yeah, just focus on games, the movie always did sound like a bad idea to me.. though at first I was a bit excited..

SR, are you that confident in the "OFFICAL" upcomming movie... I'd change it to myth lol

If tomorrow may never come, and yesterday is just a memory, then what is today worth?

-Cameron (Cornys) Corns

#13 Feb 18, 2010 12:34 AM

yearofthe
Website

#14 Feb 18, 2010 3:06 AM

Aicebo

^well of course the posters are different, but PYROX just meant that it's the same position and kind of rock that he's standing on.

#15 Feb 18, 2010 11:12 PM

PYROX
Website

To be honest, I'd rather want a new Spyro game than a Movie..
I know a lot of games are currently a lot being filmed..
For example Dragon Ball Z. Who would've expected a real movie of it with REAL humans? I know it sounds cool and all, but I already started a topic earlier about this if people would've rather wanted a game instead of a movie. The most of the people chose for a new Spyro game.

#16 Feb 19, 2010 6:56 PM

Nydie
Website

#17 Feb 19, 2010 10:15 PM

cynderfan
Website

I ditched most of my hope on the 14th of February.
I think that poster is a fake, more than anything.
A very detailed fake.

#18 Feb 19, 2010 10:42 PM

Electricspyro2009

its the 20th now it would be here already if it was coming out in February 19 or 18 whatever it says

#19 Feb 20, 2010 12:03 AM

Kimbia28

It's actually quite funny how much hype is going on about this movie...wow...just wow...

#20 Feb 20, 2010 12:50 AM

SpyroroxThe2nd

@Nydie,
Good spotting the producer "s" thing! Your right, every poster I've ever seen always had the "s". I'm about 80% positive that poster is fan made.

Chillin' like a dragon.

#21 Feb 20, 2010 5:37 AM

DarkMaster

Yea, i kinda agree, it has been a while and i've been to the movies lately and no trailer, so unless there is a movie producer who is working on the spyro movie reading this and ready to prove that its not a hoax, then im pretty much giving up.

#22 Feb 25, 2010 4:14 PM

Andy123

most games are not even ment to be movies. I mean, how do you put spyro into a movie. He finds a gardian, gains new power, finds a gardian, gains new power, finds a gardian, gains new power, ect.

Atra esterni ono theluin. Atra gulia un ilian tauthr ono un atra ono waise sholiro fra rauthr. Orothrim malthinae ono.

#23 Feb 25, 2010 8:58 PM

Nydie
Website

#24 Feb 25, 2010 11:53 PM

PYROX
Website

#25 Feb 26, 2010 11:09 AM

VulcanMetalDragon