Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#1 May 24, 2008 1:05 PM

spyromaster330
Gems: 0

Best Spyro?

Is this the best Spyro game? For me it isnt really. I think that RR, YOTD and ANB are all better then this but still, this is a good game.

#2 May 24, 2008 1:30 PM

ratchet
Website

Re: Best Spyro?

lol, you put my famous "i prefer TLOS" there.
Anyway, i think that RR and YOTD are both better than this one, but it is really good and comes in my third favourite Spyro. It was also my first video game ever so it has a special place in my heart.

#3 May 24, 2008 4:26 PM

Kat
Website

For me, it is. I dunno, I guess I'm just not as much of a minigame side-quest person as I thought, but I loved the all-platforming, go-get-those-dragons, no-nonsense aspect of it. XD
Besides, his wings were adorable! I always wondered how he was even able to glide with those sorry flaps attached to his back.

(Year of the Dragon is a very close second though, I gotta admit. That game was awesome.)

#4 May 24, 2008 8:01 PM

Aicebo

It's my second favorite.  My favorite is YotD.

#5 May 25, 2008 1:51 AM

Trasher258
Website

I find this a classic and not just because of gameplay. If you look more closely, it has beautiful environments and music that are really done well. I think they are even better then the other 2 games on the PS1 and PS2. I can even say they seem the most realistic looking environments ever in the series. I don't get why they don't do that as much anymore... besides TLoS.

I don't care how it looks but how it functions

#6 May 25, 2008 7:17 AM

ratchet
Website

Spyro and the crash games were one of the most spectacular (graphicly) on the PS1

#7 Sep 13, 2009 8:47 PM

MrXLink
Gems: -92
Birthday: 18 November

Eventho RR and YOTD have improved graphics, I still prefer this one. Spyro I has more gameplay, less talking. Secrets are more difficult to find in Spyro I than in RR or YOTD. What I think is that Spyro is better on his bare feet than in an UFO or other vehicle. Breaking chests looks nicer to me than breaking vases. Also, the flights are more challenging in Spyro I than in RR or YOTD. The nice things in RR/YOTD are the superflame (flame ball/ice crystal) and the fly portals. Charging down from a long track is better than an instant-supercharge portal. Payments to Moneybags are annoying but fun when you all get it back when charging his *bleep* in YOTD.

Enough other small reasons to say that I think Spyro I is the best. Do not talk about any other Spyros after YOTD ("The Takeover"), cuz I think they are getting worse and worse. The old Spyro was fine. I think they've made a mess out of him wink

I've beaten Spyro I lotsa times, but I still play it again and again and again.

Aim high in life but watch out for Flying Boxes

#8 Sep 15, 2009 10:35 PM

Moneybags47
Website

My favorite is the original, and always will be. I have the 'real' 3, and nothing can compare

#9 Dec 06, 2009 11:29 PM

Namba
Gems: 40
Website

Quite honestly, you can't really beat the classics, can ya?

#10 Dec 18, 2009 11:35 PM

Apoc
Birthday: 18 June

Yes, yes hell yes. What happened with TLoS?

Board footer