Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#1 Nov 15, 2009 6:55 PM

Fryeguy
Gems: 0

This movie will be a disgrace

Real fans of Spyro know that there have only been 3 real Spyro releases, the 3 original Playstation games by Insomniac. Everything else is a disaster. Spyro was my first game ever and I love him. It breaks my heart to see how brutally *bleep*ed poor Spyro and Crash have gotten in the 21st century. I'm glad Enter the Dargonfly was such a disaster, because it instantly alienated me from my favorite game series ever. I hope this terrible movie gets canceled so no one else has to witness further tarnishing. If it were not for the post-playstation 1 games, Spyro would have a great legacy, but is now instead seen as a kiddie figure and a sad, sad joke. R.I.P. my hero. Some of the best memories of my childhood came from playing those wonderful games. I can only pray this disasterous film never comes out. I'm sure "Dan" would be turning in his grave.

#2 Nov 15, 2009 6:59 PM

Rurikredwolf
Birthday: 14 October
Website

Re: This movie will be a disgrace

You are asking for a flame war, so don't look surprised if the topic is locked.

#3 Nov 15, 2009 7:02 PM

Fryeguy

It should not be locked for it is a valid opinion; a heart-felt one as well. I'm an enormous fan of the original series and I have a right to not be down with this movie.

#4 Nov 15, 2009 7:04 PM

Aura24
Gems: 750
Website

That's the point. You're a hardcore Insomniac Spyro fan, and you're just flaming on the Spyro Movie, based on the Legend of Spyro trilogy, that hasn't revealed any media information yet for Spyro fans to know if the movie will suck or not.

#5 Nov 15, 2009 7:08 PM

Rurikredwolf
Birthday: 14 October
Website

Don't look at me. Perhaps if you worded it differently instead of just bashing it, then perhaps it would not been locked. I do agree (kind of) where you are oging with this, but stuff happens; don't like, don't see.

#6 Nov 15, 2009 7:10 PM

Fryeguy

I respect it if you like the new Spyro fluff, however Insomniac made 3 amazing games and that was going to be it, but then Universal Studios just took the title and milked it for money. They did the same thing for Crash. But hey, opinions be opinions. Let's not argue, I'm just voicing my opinion, which is very strong when it comes to the post-Insomniac years. And btw, I think this website is really cool. I have spent far too much of my life playing those games lol.

#7 Nov 15, 2009 7:12 PM

Apoc
Birthday: 18 June

You've just done something that I hate Fyreguy, knocking a movie BEFORE it's release, you've never seen the f**king movie how do you know it will be bad? It could actually be better than the games(if so, I'll eat my bloody hat).

#8 Nov 15, 2009 7:14 PM

Aura24
Gems: 750
Website

Looks more like bashing and flaming, than just your opinion, fryeguy.

#9 Nov 15, 2009 7:17 PM

Fryeguy

Well if this film actually does get released I can only hope that the film will be outstanding, I just feel it will do nothing but hurt the name, but if you guys are stoked for it then more power to you.

#10 Nov 15, 2009 7:25 PM

Apoc

Let's hope they actually make this friggin' movie and make it GOOD!

#11 Nov 15, 2009 7:40 PM

Scarlett-Fear-Dragon

I agree that you can't bash a movie you've never even seen, but this dude still has a right to state his opinions...

Donate gems to me, biatch, and I give you cuddles.

#12 Nov 15, 2009 7:57 PM

Apoc

True, but if you think the movie is going to be bad that's fine but don't go bashing the movie saying it's the worst movie ever and all that crap

#13 Nov 15, 2009 8:05 PM

RedDragonX
Website

Here is the deal. The rule is that no flame wars are to break out between the new and older games. We've had plenty of issues in the past with this and don't feel like dealing with more. Being the generous guy I am though, I do believe that everyone has the right to their opinion.

I will not lock this topic for now. If it gets out of hand then I will gladly do so. I like to give a little bit of leash on this whole fiasco since it's just contained to this one topic.

Mark my words though if this gets out of hand then I'll stop giving such chances, so be responsible with it.

By the way I do happen to agree that you can't trash a movie that has yet to even give a preview or trailer, and even then I don't think you could fully base the fact a movie sucks off previews alone. Please be more lenient with your wording. It's all well and good to like the older games over the new, but please present your opinions in a more decent and approachable manner.

#14 Nov 15, 2009 8:15 PM

Apoc

To be honest, I don't think this movie will be too good. TLoS was a poor effort and I can only imagine how badly this will reflect on TLoS

#15 Nov 16, 2009 9:47 PM

S240sx24

I liked Tlos series but will admit, they shouldve put more effort into the storyline. oh well this is a movie & hopefully will learn from the mistakes tlos storyline & make it better & if the movie is good then hopefully it will give a good example for the storyline of the next game to be.

#16 Nov 17, 2009 7:02 AM

Apoc

Hopefully, for their sake

#17 Nov 21, 2009 3:08 AM

Fryeguy

I see. Flame wars between real fans and fans of the new stuff. Interesting. Well I don't want that happening here. I'm just not on board with this movie. Opinions be opinions.

#18 Nov 26, 2009 2:11 PM

Apoc

I'm a real fan, the newer stuff wasn't so great, I still wanna try the new stuff though, just for the hell of it.

#19 Nov 26, 2009 5:50 PM

cooldude22345

You can bash a film before it comes out. Like this one movie called Super Babies: Baby Geniuses 2. It got the crap beat out of it by critisism even before it came out.

And if the movie were to be based on the new spyro trilogy, how the heck would they fit it all into two or three hours? It would be like Eragon; rushed and a disgrace to the original.

Well... That's only what I think about it.

#20 Nov 26, 2009 8:11 PM

Apoc

#21 Nov 26, 2009 9:39 PM

MrXLink
Gems: -92
Birthday: 18 November

I think it's not meant for people older than 10...

Aim high in life but watch out for Flying Boxes

#22 Nov 27, 2009 11:23 PM

Apoc

I would hope so

#23 Nov 29, 2009 5:56 AM

EricChristianOlsenFanatic
Birthday: 1 November

Let me just start by saying bashing a movie before it's released is wrong, I agree, but what the heck is with the constant ragging and insulting of Eragon? I mean am I the only person who loved that movie? Apparently, if someone wants to insult Eragon they take it up with me first, Got it? I'm sick of people bashing that movie.

So just suck it up or shut up people who hate the Eragon film!

I have changed my username from Justin Long Fanatic to EricChristianOlsenFanatic, so Justin Long Fanatic is my old name on this site, and EricChristianOlsenFanatic is my new one.

#24 Nov 30, 2009 9:39 PM

Game_Girl_2007

I'll admit it. I like LoS WAAAY better than the original series. To be honest, I wasen't much of a Spyro fan untill I played LoS. But maybe thats because I like stories like that. or maybe ebcause the original series was just too go *bleep* kiddie.

Besides, in the first game, it looked like Spyro's eyes would fall off at any given moment. That was the same for the others games before AHT. But that could be because with the playstation, the graphics are so bad, you can't even tell a face from an *bleep*.

Also, in LoS, Spyro actually looks like a freakin dragon and not some Care Bears reject.

As for the movie? Can't say anything untill it comes out. I'll probebly enjoy it because I tend to go against the popular opinion.

The LoS series did NOT ruin the fandom. Nor would a Spyro movie ruin it. The fans are doing that themselves by their constant whining and complaining about small, idiotic things. It's the Sonic fandom all over again.

#25 Dec 03, 2009 7:48 AM

Jackson117

Jusr add in a crap load of action, Worked for ROTF

Statement: Love is what you get when you lock a target in your sights and watch as the targeting alines and the blaster

Board footer