deleted

#2 Sep 04, 2009 1:16 AM

Stormy
Administrator
Award: Admin
Gems: 540
Birthday: 3 April
Website

Re: What exactly can you "buy" with Gems?

Yeah, it was a feature that we were going to have, but it was never implemented. There are still a few non-working stores from the forum's early days.

We've had many ideas about how to make gems more useful, but none of them ever got past the planning stages.

#3 Sep 04, 2009 1:35 AM

Gems: 0

deleted

#4 Sep 04, 2009 4:32 AM

iSO

That's kinda sad, I was thinking of utilizing the gems in ways that actually reward the users, not just because they want to rule the forums. What kind of examples would you make gems more useful, and more fun in a way that keeps the Spyro forum, and it's fans alive? Surely there must be a games section. yikes Some forums have such a thing.

In my world, I believe that there are many, many ideas that are waiting to be created; by inspiration, renewing an old idea, or just by accident.

#5 Sep 04, 2009 5:19 AM

Akon

#6 Sep 04, 2009 10:12 PM

RedDragonX
Website

We've been trying to think of better ideas for the gem system, simply because all you can do is get them...and do almost nothing with them since you can easily make your own banners or find your own avatars over the internet...so it's something that is definitely in our minds. Any ideas that you can come up with that you think might better boost the current system are greatly appreciated.

#7 Sep 05, 2009 1:11 AM

deleted

#8 Sep 05, 2009 2:38 AM

RedDragonX
Website

We're actually trying to think about rewards other then that involve Spyro, because their isn't a whole lot I think we can offer in terms of that, we certainly want to put the thousands of gems that some have to good use.

#9 Sep 05, 2009 4:37 AM

deleted

#10 Sep 05, 2009 7:53 PM

RedDragonX
Website

All good ideas indeed, right now we are mostly on the lookout for your last paragraph in which you mentioned rewards and such. This is certainly a good idea, but it also brings up the issue that if we gave an award to a certain user for something it would make other users believe that we are showering blessings on certain users and not others...hence a nasty little tide of jealousy.

I'm pretty sure they also have had issues with this in the past so I can see why it was taken out. That and with the member ranks as well. It' something that I can certainly see bringing back in the future, but only when we think members will be mature enough to handle it.

Board footer