Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#1 Aug 29, 2009 2:44 PM

PYROX
Gems: 60
Website

Don't listen to the strategy guide!

Okay I got this TEN strategy guide from Prima Games, and finding the last feather, it doesn't exist on the place where it says you to go!
First of all, at the Celestial Caves, it says you that one of them is hidden somewhere up in the sky (At the very first beginning of that level, you must go through these 'elemental caves' after that, you come into a large place where you need to fight the first enemies of that level) but it doesn't exist there! Also, in the Mountain of Malefor, it says there's one in the Mine Car (Somewhere near the end, you come into a hall and there's a smile Mine car in the middle of the room) And it says, if you smash it up, a feather will come out, but it doesn't exist inside of it. Okay, then I used the walkthrough of DarkSpyro website, and it tells you that those feathers are at a whole different place! So basically what I want to say is, DO NOT BUY THAT STRATEGY GUIDE IF YOU WANT TO FIND THE FEATHERS.

#2 Aug 29, 2009 6:46 PM

nintendofreak
Gems: 40
Website

Re: Don't listen to the strategy guide!

I havnt bought a strategy guide in years if i get stuck in a game i just look it up online.

#3 Aug 30, 2009 1:51 AM

arthapenn
Gems: 0

I do not like it, when the Prima Guide is wrong. That is annoying.

#4 Sep 02, 2009 11:58 PM

TornWings

iirc, this has been known for a while.

Oh great, my lighthouse is on fire again, be right back...

#5 Sep 03, 2009 12:37 PM

Gekoncze
Baby Dragon
Award: Speedway Contest Winner Final
Gems: 145

What is strategy guide?

#6 Sep 08, 2009 1:14 AM

36IStillLikeSpyro36
Award: Globmod
Gems: -4,018
Website

#7 Sep 08, 2009 2:01 AM

iSO

Prima Games and possibly other published strategy guides are well known for making miscorrections to their guides, thus resulting in a lot of confusement. The writers essentially get to play the game first before deciding to write all the goodies. The real question is, which guide sucks the least? Unfortunately, due to the internet's habit of having tons of goodies being hosted, it's just better to read guides that are made by users; by which are ideally fans of their games. wink

Sometimes when I think of those guides having miscorrections, does it mean they played the game before any changes were made by the developers instead, or is for the writers to blame? ;o

In my world, I believe that there are many, many ideas that are waiting to be created; by inspiration, renewing an old idea, or just by accident.

Board footer