Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#1 Apr 17, 2009 6:28 PM

x-Cynder's_Complexity-x
Gems: 0

Malefor's Voice

So... I was messing about on Windows Movie maker, thinking about doing a Spyro Spoof. Part of it was going to be based on having sped up bits, and then slowing it down at the most entertaining moments.
I had this clip where Malefor said: "Welcome to the end of the world" and Spyro said "Oh no! We're too late", etc. etc.
I sped the clip up, and the sound along with it, and I played it. Malefor's voice was much, much clearer, and sounded more human, but also alien-like at the same time... I tried speeding it up again, but, then, he just sounded like a chipmunk. XD *Has image of a Dark Master chipmunk in head*

Nobody has to do this, but I was wondering if somebody could make a video or soundclip (if there isn't one already), where they've sped up Malefor's voice and have un-deepened it (can't think of the word right now XD) if they had some kind of fancy program.
I have no particular reason for this, just mere interest.

#2 Apr 18, 2009 9:04 PM

xx-hayleyrox-xx

Re: Malefor's Voice

sorry I can't help ya, but omg i couldn't even understand what Malefor was saying; i had to put subtitles on! hahhaa
haha clearer eh? sounds interesting...

#3 Apr 18, 2009 9:50 PM

x-Cynder's_Complexity-x

Yeah, same here. I was frustrated with how unclear they made his voice sound. >.<

#4 Apr 19, 2009 2:27 AM

TheAnvil

Agreed!

Fiirst time I played it was over at my bro's place and he has to keep the volume down, but after I got home, my surround sound cleared things up considerably.

I'm still blown away that they got Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker from Star Wars) to voice Malefor.

#5 Apr 19, 2009 2:39 AM

RedDragonX
Website

One of the many things they screwed up. Malefor in general could have been done much much better....during ANB and TEN I was actually scared in the way that they talked about him...and hyped him up to be something truly evil...then DotD hits and he is pretty much a giant pansie.....seriously one of the worst boss battles ever.....and the voice was very screwed over.

The reason why Hamill is so good is because he can adjust his voice to find the perfect match for the character he's playing...but in the end he couldn't even do that because they had to screw it up with the computer sound effects.

I did find a video that had his original speaking recorded before the compter alterations, and that was A LOT more scary then what it ended up being.

#6 Apr 19, 2009 9:54 AM

x-Cynder's_Complexity-x

#7 Apr 20, 2009 3:45 AM

RedDragonX
Website

Sorry but I don't exactly remember where I saw it. It might have been a youtube video that I just randomly stumbled upon one day...so try looking it up over there.

#8 Apr 20, 2009 4:34 PM

spyroNcynder
Website

I have no idea once so ever to make a video of that cause my x-box 360 broke down on me. But if I could I would but I cant, sorry hope you get better luck some place else.

#9 Aug 04, 2009 1:54 AM

THEKIDWITHAKNIFE.

Well I saw on an interview mark hamill doing his voice cast and he dosen't sound any thing like the dark master so they probably did darken his voice along with all the other crap they did to him to make him sound
more evil... so what your hearing is probably his normal voice along with some extra sound effects,,, roll

Getting old: It's gonna Happen.
Growing up: Not a chance!

"opinions are, imunity to being told your wrong...
paper, rock, and scissors they, all have their pros and cons!" .....................(Reliant K)

Check me out on Youtube.com and DeviantArt.com!!!

#10 Aug 07, 2009 12:54 AM

RedDragonX
Website

Hamill's voice originally was fine the way it was, they didn't have to screw it over with computer enhancements or anything, heck the guy is the voice of some of the best villains in video game/Cartoon history, they didn't need to make it sound like some kind of demented poodle on steroids.

#11 Aug 07, 2009 1:02 PM

Akon

If they at least made Malefor's voice legible, I would have been fine with all the changes they made to Hamill's voice. I liked how it sounded incredibly evil, but I just hated how I needed subtitles to understand him.

#12 Aug 07, 2009 8:04 PM

Spyro_Fan_Forever

They ruined Mark's awesome voice by messing it up! IMHO.  <_<

винт это. винт все это и оставь меня.

#13 Aug 08, 2009 9:23 AM

s'pyromane

Yes , and even in French we don't understand what he says , so I think the same that you think , they messed up the voice of the actor...without the subtitles , I don't think that I will even understand a little bit about what he's talking about... :-P

#14 Aug 08, 2009 11:14 PM

RedDragonX
Website

The actor himself was fine..Hamill is perhaps the best bad guy voice actor in Hollywood...the just should have let him use his natural voice...instead of trying to screw around with computer enhancements or whatever.

Board footer