Sheita
Gems: 0

Malefor - The Next Enemy ? /spoilers!!

#2 Apr 24, 2009 7:38 PM

Nightfall
Birthday: 26 August
Website

Re: Malefor - The Next Enemy ? /spoilers!!

Hmm... interesting... I think Malefor is gone for good personally. I don't think he's dead (well... he can't be) but I just think his soul is trapped forever. I also think that they won't bring him back, as they will just consider that the fans want a different foe in the next game.

Hmm... I'll be thinking about this... hmm

#3 Apr 26, 2009 3:19 AM

RedDragonX
Website

I have immense doubts they would bring back anything involving Malefor again. We just got finished with a whole trilogy that had him involved deeply...I don't see them rushing to involve him once more.

Even if they decided to keep things going in the LoS direction, they need a fresh new villain to bring more characteristics to the series instead of just redundancy....I wouldn't mind if we saw something like Malefor's daughter or whatnot, but not Malefor himself again.

#4 Apr 28, 2009 12:59 AM

~cornys~

yeah... I think that that would start to get a little cheesy... I thought of this when I wrote my Fan Fiction and decided to go a different rought. Some other Dark Enemy or something but definitly not Malefor...

And yes I would tend to believe that the 'spirits' that killed Malefor locked away his soul. Sent him to the place where it's always hot and this site has a cencor for it's name.

That's what I think

If tomorrow may never come, and yesterday is just a memory, then what is today worth?

-Cameron (Cornys) Corns

#5 Apr 28, 2009 1:37 AM

RedDragonX
Website

Well if they continue with LoS that's where he should stay.

#6 Jun 11, 2009 6:03 PM

Aquanette

I vote another ape king or something.  I mean, they seriously got the short end of the stick in LoS.  First, they think they're going to have revenge (against who or what, I don't know, I'm guessing dragons); instead, their leader is killed on the Night of Eternal Darkness.  Then, to cap it off, Malefor curses them for serving him out of greed for power, and now they're practically undead.  More than likely they're angry and vindictive.

#7 Jun 11, 2009 8:12 PM

Luke Danger

Agreed, the Apes should make a come back, but it shouldn't be a giant 'oh looks like we need to save the world again', maybe just 'can't we have a moment of peace & queit?'

Or maybe bring Ripto back... just a bit more badass in terms of combat ability, but still his comedic failing self.

Or even the Sorcerous, except make her dangerous enough so it's not simply dodging ISGM's and Fireballs, then turning her into gnorc bait with cannons/tanks/flying saucers (don't even wanna know where Agent 9 or Bianca got 'em), though still, some more platforming would be nice. I'd personally like to see the new Hunter getting caught in the romance net with Bianca (and it'd be a lot more intresting, as chances are the two would have more seriousness)

#8 Jul 10, 2009 8:49 PM

Andy123

lol...They might as well please everyone and start making games like the originals if they head in that direction.

I think it is highly unlikley that they will bring The Dark Master back or any Apes. They will proboly make some new leader and minions or a new leader and grublets or whatever those little things from DotD are. Like Reddragonx and Cornys said, It will get really cheesy if they return with The Dark Master

Atra esterni ono theluin. Atra gulia un ilian tauthr ono un atra ono waise sholiro fra rauthr. Orothrim malthinae ono.

#9 Jul 11, 2009 5:23 AM

Kipeci

All of my eggs have died.
... Good thing I have recipes for this.

#10 Jul 12, 2009 12:06 AM

RedDragonX
Website

If another game is developed and I see APES or MALEFOR involved in any way whatsoever, it will only prove to me that the developers truly do not care about the series and they they are too lazy to come up with something new and fresh to present a good image.

To me if you keep reusing the same old villains I just see it as lazy. Is it ok to have a villain for three games then missing him for two before bringing him back again? Sure, but not continuously. That is just lazy to me.

#11 Jul 13, 2009 9:50 PM

grievous16

I agree. I don't want Malefor in the next game. He drove me nuts on DotD and he will drive many others nuts if he is in the next game. Just throw him away, he did his part, get a new, better villain that isn't crazy like Malefor.

One day the unreal shall be real, the fallen shall rise, and the nightmares shall become a reality. Those who follow shall earn life eternal. Those who don't shall die. The rising of the Dark Lord shall be humanity's undoing. All hail the Dark Lord of the Sith.

#12 Jul 14, 2009 4:05 PM

36IStillLikeSpyro36
Award: Globmod
Gems: -4,018
Website

he could be the next Ripto! he's dead! no he's not, he just came out of the ground over there. but now he just fell in lava! try again.

the next boss could be any type. of course they would be powerful if they're above Malefor. but their personality could be anything. they could be angry like Gaul. they could be kind of nuts like Malefor. i hope they're nuts 8D

#13 Jul 15, 2009 3:02 AM

grievous16

One day the unreal shall be real, the fallen shall rise, and the nightmares shall become a reality. Those who follow shall earn life eternal. Those who don't shall die. The rising of the Dark Lord shall be humanity's undoing. All hail the Dark Lord of the Sith.

#14 Jul 15, 2009 10:07 PM

EricChristianOlsenFanatic
Birthday: 1 November

Hey a little off topic, but does anyone else but me think that the Golem and The Destroyer look kind of alike? I mean they're both made of the same material meaning Dark Magic. I don't know, maybe it's just me....lol

I have changed my username from Justin Long Fanatic to EricChristianOlsenFanatic, so Justin Long Fanatic is my old name on this site, and EricChristianOlsenFanatic is my new one.

#15 Jul 16, 2009 12:37 AM

grievous16

Same here. Thought I was the only one who had noticed. smile

#16 Jul 16, 2009 6:13 AM

Scarlett-Fear-Dragon

Interesting idea. But I would like a new villian

Donate gems to me, biatch, and I give you cuddles.

#17 Jul 18, 2009 12:12 AM

grievous16

Same here. smile

#18 Aug 04, 2009 10:34 PM

THEKIDWITHAKNIFE.

Well they didn't actually kill him. those ghost things trapped him in that purple rock! o_O

Getting old: It's gonna Happen.
Growing up: Not a chance!

"opinions are, imunity to being told your wrong...
paper, rock, and scissors they, all have their pros and cons!" .....................(Reliant K)

Check me out on Youtube.com and DeviantArt.com!!!

Board footer