Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#26 Jan 28, 2008 1:14 AM

ratchet
Gems: 0
Website

Re: What does the Spyro community in general think of this game?

sometimes the canon was really hard. I hate it how 3 hits ur dead in sparx minigame

#27 Jan 29, 2008 4:24 AM

Pete the Iguana

I actually just got this game today in the mail ( big_smile  big_smile  big_smile ) and have thus far only played up until meeting Elder Magnus (and he kind of bugged me. What was up with him calling Spryo "sweetheart"?).

The main points of my interest so far are:

-Controls: Mmm. Okay. I liked the "tighter" gameplay of the first games and the hover maneuver, but overall Spyro, moves pretty well. I really like Sgt. Byrd's gameplay revamp, with the rocket boosters and all.

-Moneybags: It's strange; I miss the snobby, pay-now-or-regret-it additude and attire of the original, sophisticate Moneybags, but at the same time, I kind of like the jolly "come-inside-my-friend-and-buy-something" Moneybags.

-Worlds and Dragon Elders: Well, I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say I miss the portals of the old games. On another note, while I think they look cool (and elderly), I would've liked it more if they did a rehaul of the dragon adults from the first game for the dragon elders. For example, Thomas in this game is an old, blue dragon who lives in a cave. Thomas in Spyro the Dragon is a tan (and relatively young) Artisan who was found outside. Magnus, a swamp-dwelling, pink, and in-touch-with-his-feminine-side elder was originally a large and tough, brown-speckled Peace Keeper.

-Etc: Lots of the voice-overs sound either bored or overly exaggerated (I had thought that Ember was going to be cute, not hair-rippingly annoying) and the humor seems forced. I like the large, detailed environments, even though they don't really look like the Dragon Homeworlds. The new ability/powerup-gaining system is neat. Exposition was very abrupt. I liked it better when Sparx's mouth and eyes bulged when he swallowed butterflies.

I could rant on and on about what I like and don't like so far (sheesh, I haven't even played halfway through the dang thing yet!) but I'll stop myself before I do. Anyways, here's my opinion.

#28 Jan 29, 2008 4:37 AM

ratchet
Website

yeah, if a few things were improved in this game it would be better. The Levels are too huge, now im not a big fan of clostraphobic levels but theres SOOO much backtracking and it confusing where you have to go (ETD had the right exact how big levels are)

#29 Jan 31, 2008 8:16 PM

abbey1053

The levels weren't too big. They seem too big because you had to do a lot in it. But backtracking is annoying.

#30 Feb 01, 2008 5:19 AM

ratchet
Website

they were much to big for a spyro game. The backtracking didn't annoy me in spyro 2, that was because Spyro 2 levels were easily navagatable.

#31 Feb 02, 2008 6:29 AM

dragon protector x
Gems: 20
Birthday: 30 January
Website

I still think it is a little to ummm...bright and happy when you destroy the dark gems. But still. it is proving a challenge for me. XD missing one world! need to find the other dark gems to get 20 of them to move on!

I am a starting artist and video editor.

#32 Mar 02, 2008 10:37 AM

spyromaster330

this game is average. I liked it in some parts but not in most others and it was a bit of a disapointment for me

#33 Mar 04, 2008 1:54 AM

Voltier1

It took me awhile to beat the game, but it was fun. (:)  smile

#34 Mar 18, 2008 3:09 AM

spyro dragon

#35 May 05, 2009 1:19 AM

Tinny_The_Tyranosaur
Website

I loved this game big_smile it brought me back to the old days of the original Sypro games. i found the part with the hyena in the volcano laughing that shes so miserable to be the best part of the game as in screwed up humour. reminds me of Spyro 2 without all the portals and less levels.

10/10

#36 May 26, 2009 9:18 AM

Hurricos_McBreixo

#37 May 27, 2009 1:14 PM

GemmaKnight

Defiently better than EtD in all aspects! smile

#38 Jul 18, 2009 10:49 PM

DarkMaster

To me it was a really good game, i cant get enough of it, yea its a bit easy but its really fun to play (to me) the attacks and elements are good, the levels are good, and the bosses are fun to kill, and collecting eggs and light gems are real good fun and sort of a challenge at the same time well to me it is.

In general i think Spyro a Hero's Tail is a really good game and anyone who loves Spyro should go out right now and go and get it and never sell it because it is one of the most awesomest Spyro games that i have ever played and i will never ever ever ever sell it. A big 10/10 for being one of the awesomest Spyro games ever out!

#39 Jul 27, 2009 7:58 PM

Spyrocks

The graphics were beautiful in the game, I give graphics 9/10. They might've been able to of been better.
Music:I don't remember most of the music, but some of it was to 'happy' for me.
Gameplay was fun and very challenging in parts, like the last world place.
Charaters seemed more fun in this game. I REALLY hated seeing Gnasty Gnorc for two reasons: one, I ALREADY KILLED U IN THE FIRST GAME, 2, he's butt ugly tongue I'm so nice.
The story was good in my opinion, but not my favorite.

" Mommy? Fluff my pillow?" - Sparx ( I love that)
  Too much sugar leads to major destruction.... how I know that is not to be told......

Board footer