#1 Aug 04, 2006 8:21 PM

Spyrorocks
Administrator
Award: Admin
Gems: 4
Website

Game Development Group

Welcome to the game development group.

this group is designed to help other members develop their own spyro fan game and also advertise it. if you would like to start a game, make a new thread with the title of that game and i will stickey it. also, make sure that you are serious about that game, and will continue to develop it with our other members.

If you need help with any other things, such as sprites and musc, you may create a new thread asking for such.

Enjoy!

-Spyrorocks

#2 Feb 05, 2008 8:42 PM

Gaz237
Gems: 0

Re: Game Development Group

First of all, do I need Gamemaker?

And, could I get some help on making the game?

I've always wanted to make an old, PS1 version Spyro game. They freakin' owned. Much, much, much! better than the new, crappy PS2 versions.  :*bleep*in:

#3 Jun 28, 2008 2:10 AM

ratchet
Website

Gaz: Making a 3d game is very hard if your a n00b, the closest thing i've seen to a 3d platformer on gamemaker is is "Mega block man 3d" or something. if you like, you can create a much simpler 2d game, it still requires some knowledge of gamemaker but its alot easier and does to a certain extent feel like a spyro game.

#4 Jun 17, 2009 7:28 PM

Hurricos_McBreixo

Blender 3D is a 3D modeling program with it's own game engine to code (using Python as the coding language), plus it allows you to play your game on the program when you are finished.

3D Modeling isn't as hard as you think, the hard part (for me) is really just texturing and uv mapping and whatnot.

Give Blender a try, I guarantee you may like it big_smile.

#5 Dec 16, 2012 5:46 PM

Breaking Bad
Gems: 73
Birthday: 20 January

Board footer