ratchet
Gems: 0
Website

Re: Annoying/Stupid parts of the game for you

#27 Mar 06, 2008 5:53 PM

Scarabbug

*Nods* nd am I the only one who thought that slowing SPYRO down at the same time as the monsters (if not by as much) as kind of counterproductive? Just like dragging out the agony >_>

#28 Mar 08, 2008 5:38 AM

Doppelgangergang
Banned

One thing that sucked up a lot of my free time is chasing those blue colored, crab-like things that keep running away from me!

#29 Oct 27, 2008 6:33 PM

Kalliah
Website

Well, most of the things that were listed originally on this topic as annoyances I'd have to agree with.

But the thing, I think, I hate the most is the repetitiveness of the whole game.  I mean... sound effects are the same, and even whole entire concepts for bosses and enemies remained unchanged!

#30 Nov 09, 2008 2:30 AM

0utcas7

1. Arborick
2. The first and second fights in Skabb's Arena.
3. The Puzzle after the three fights. (Yet it's a surprise I can poke a hole in Sierra's logic in that puzzle. Also where I stopped playing and skipped the game to DotD.)

And that's where I stopped, gave up, and skipped to Dawn of the Dragon.

#31 Nov 11, 2008 3:55 PM

T3h0v4llu
Banned

1. Easy.
2. Arborick was very easy unless you didnt know what you were doing.
3. Yeah, that jellyfish platforming area was pretty annoying.
4. If you played this with ps2 and you call it hard, then what you are gonna say if youd play it with wii? With ps2, you just press a button and it does the knock up strike. But with wii, you need to move your remote EXACTLY vertically downwards to perform it. If it does even a little forward, youll just normal attack. Still very easy when you learn it.
5. This was quite poor but i think they didnt make up anything better.
6. LOL this was super duper easy!!!

Seriously, the game isnt that hard as everyone says. I found it harder than ANB (which apparently sucked), but no, not too hard. Im going to my uncles house (i had to buy the game for wii because i got xbox and it havent been made for that console, so i get to play it around 2-3 times a month.) to finish the game when they arent home.

#32 Nov 12, 2008 12:45 PM

ratchet
Website

Not hard, just frustrating! like after a few tries i could beat the bosses and such. just the fact that i have to trial it so many times and the music and dull, boring graphics gave me a headache, made me feel like this game was harder than it was. I've only still played for a total for 2 hours, and i got this game nearly a year ago. That says how much i think this game sucks.

#33 Nov 12, 2008 3:17 PM

T3h0v4llu
Banned

I like the game more than ANB because its more harder (you clearly cant survive with the same spam tactic than in ANB), and therefore more its rewarding. I believe im not in the "hard" parts of the game yet, we shall see...

#34 Nov 20, 2008 10:11 AM

OrangePanda
Website

The whole game was really bad for me. Don't kill me.

I mean, seriously, the entire game was just killing apes. There was nothing else to do.

#35 Nov 22, 2008 2:52 AM

36IStillLikeSpyro36
Award: Globmod
Gems: -4,018
Website

the most annoying/stupid part for me was probably Arborick. my game has this nice little glitch in it, sometimes when i jump and press a directional button, it goes the wrong way.

#36 Nov 23, 2008 12:54 AM

T3h0v4llu
Banned

Yah, i died few times in arborick before i realized i should use dragon time. I die so much because i play it like i played that crappy ANB.

#37 Nov 23, 2008 7:57 AM

Erza
Birthday: 19 June
Website

The thing i hated most was Gaul on the ds he really *beep* me off majorly. Until i figured out how to kill him today *dances*

#38 Feb 04, 2009 5:31 PM

spyrofan2999

there are some hard bit's while i played it but it's been a long time so i don't remember

No!, Won't Let you!

The only way to greet people if you are socially awkward: Is to Punch them in the Stomach and Judo flip 'em! Nice to meet you tongue

#39 Feb 04, 2009 11:49 PM

RedDragonX
Website

Yeah....all I remember is that freaking annoying tree guy and Gaul....freaking pains in the "beep"

#40 Feb 05, 2009 10:34 PM

Spyro Master

gaul was ok to beat bt i heard u could make him weaker by attacking those bowl things wiv green stuff coming out of it is that true?

#41 Feb 07, 2009 12:30 AM

RedDragonX
Website

You know I didn't even try that in the game 0.o...I just kept avoiding him until I killed him lol...

#42 Feb 07, 2009 4:58 AM

TornWings

I smashed them, but seeing as his most dangerous attack is a 1 hit kill (and thus the only thing he managed to hit me with...) I couldn't tell if there was a difference.

Oh great, my lighthouse is on fire again, be right back...

#43 Feb 07, 2009 12:47 PM

Spyro Master

oh ok fair enough so it was a lie from the website i found it from (now wheres my chain saw)

#44 Feb 07, 2009 11:44 PM

RedDragonX
Website

Well I can still beat him without smashing anything lol...so I'll just stick with that.

#45 Feb 08, 2009 12:26 AM

Spyro Master

lol same i was just asking if it was true cause i havnt tried it out b4

#46 Feb 08, 2009 3:46 AM

RedDragonX
Website

Another annoying part was Spyro's recovery time after enemies attacked and hit you....that really buged me...

#47 Feb 08, 2009 6:12 PM

Spyro Master

yeh it was annoying bt wot really annoyed me if u died and u gt to the convexity beam bit on TEN and u died u had to go all through it again lol oh well it dosent happen often 4 me bt still annoying all the same

#48 Apr 03, 2009 5:50 AM

arthapenn

#49 Apr 06, 2009 3:00 PM

IceFlame1019
Website

This game really ticked me off on my first try, because I hate games where you have to get through by trial-and-error and have to repeat parts over and over again after JUST having gotten done with them. 

I hated the jellyfish forest, especially grabbing the red mask, that part was harder than needed.  I fell exactly 45 times trying to get that **** thing, no joke.

The arena battles were also overly difficult.  Having Dark Spyro made them a bit easier, especially his hyper-melee, but without that...I almost threw the game out because I just could not kill Ravage Rider.  I absolutely hate battles where you have to rely almost entirely on luck favoring you dodging the outright spam of bombs and other attacks.  Even now I still can't beat him with any sort of strategy if I can't use Dark Spyro. Good for an OPTIONAL boss, maybe, but not for a mid-game fight, especially since you have to rely almost entirely on melee attacks for a good 80% of the fight.  IMO, a very poorly planned battle.  I'm not the "elitist" kind of player who can pull off SHUFFLs or w/e in SSBM; that kind of skill shouldn't be needed to kill a mid-game boss.

The pirate captain (I forget his name atm) was also painful to fight; it took me about five tries to get used to his first stage alone.  Like I've said, I hate having to die in order to figure out how the heck to get through, and this battle was no exception.  Death should not be used as a method of figuring out a boss's patterns; I'm grateful for the fact that the only bad effect of "dying" was simply restarting, but that should not have been relied upon to complete the game.

The Gaul fight really irked me as well; I had to play through it at least fifteen times because he kept knocking me over the edge just before I could kill him, thus making me have to redo the first fight ALL OVER AGAIN and wait for the cutscene to allow me to skip it.  Although, I now kinda like the Gaul fight because I know how to get around his attacks.  Ravage Rider though was just plain and simple overkill.

#50 May 05, 2009 12:22 AM

Kipeci

Argh.

It wasn't the battles, mostly; I could beat up most of the bosses in just a few minutes, once I figured them out...  After dying a whole lot, which seems to be the primary way to learn anything in the game.

It was just... Irritating.  You spend hours to get through stages, collecting quills and masks and other various junk, but if you forget one single one, guess what?  To redo the stage, you must redo the game!  Utter fun, considering the individual stages take hours of such interesting stunts as beating up a horde of low AI enemies.  I didn't like the storyline- it just seems... cheesy.  I didn't like most of the bosses, too.  I mean, really, consider it.  A tree monster.  Some bloated thing that's supposedly a pirate.  An incredibly easy replicate of Cynder.  And a giant monkey.  Whoo.

Playing that game bored me out of my skull.  Oh, and they also took out every semi-useful elemental skill and replaced it with junk.  I hate what happened to electricity and earth breath... Although, admittedly I usually only used electricity breath in A New Beginning.

All of my eggs have died.
... Good thing I have recipes for this.

Board footer