Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#1 Feb 22, 2009 6:17 AM

Aura24
Gems: 750
Website

Do You Think it would've been better...

If Spyro and Cynder remained little dragons like they were in TEN and not mysteriously grow into teens in DotD? I'm just curious. I mean with all the plotholes of how they grew up frozen in time and all, and they're still the same size as they were in TEN, they haven't grown a bit.

#2 Feb 22, 2009 6:29 AM

Xythal
Gems: 0

Re: Do You Think it would've been better...

I actaully like their new look better. I read a good qoute about this somewhere, that they now looked more like dragons should look like, which I totaly agree with. So even though it brings som plotholes I like that they turned our to be a little older looking in DotD.

Words of Wisdom:
Don't do drugs
And don't keep nukes in your livingroom. The bedroom is safer.

#3 Feb 25, 2009 6:02 PM

Razz
Website

Oiy. They didn't grow, it was just the change in art style. And, yes, I do think it would have been better if they'd kept with the Krome designs. EL's designs are nice and I probably would have loved them if they hadn't appeared at the end of the trilogy and opened up plot holes like crazy. I prefer the cute Krome designs; they're, well, cuter, and they've spawned fewer creepy/annoying fans.

#4 Feb 25, 2009 7:53 PM

Aura24
Website

Yeah, Krome Studios had the design for the characters. Even if they did change developers, they still should've kept Spyro and Cynder's TEN design at least until DotD was over, then it would've made sense that they would grow a little into teens in the next Spyro game.

#5 Feb 26, 2009 3:24 AM

Dark_Spyro846583
Website

I like the way they look in DOTD, but ya it would've made sense if they kept how they looked in TEN.

#6 Apr 11, 2009 5:16 PM

xXenoSpyrox
Website

i aint complainin either way....

if your trapped for 3 years (starting out 12-13 yrs) its a "well Duh!" moment of course they grow older....how? you ask....it probably has sumhtin to do with the crystal....

#7 Apr 11, 2009 5:41 PM

Aura24
Website

Nope, it was actually the change of developers that made Spyro and Cynder look older.

#8 Apr 15, 2009 7:20 PM

minredd

I would've rather had them in the ANB/TEN style, even if they looked funny flying with their dinky little wings. Cynder's face goes too abruptly down and isn't smooth anymore, and she's more purply instead of black/gray(I swear, she looked like a gray/dark gray in TEN). And the guardians... What did they do to you, my friends? I miss the way Iggy and the rest used to look so you could tell if they were smiling or not.

#9 Apr 15, 2009 8:06 PM

T3h0v4llu
Banned

I really HATED the style in DotD. I HATED it. It was way too serious... Spyro isnt even cartoony anymore...

Board footer