Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#1 Apr 08, 2009 2:27 PM

IceFlame1019
Gems: 0
Website

Quick question about Fanfiction permissions (solved)

I'm just wondering, about how long does it take Spyrorocks to grant permission to the Fanfiction/Fanart sections?  It's been about 5 days since I sent a PM for the Fanfiction section.  I can wait, but I'm just curious.  Do I need a certain number of posts or gems before I can be granted access?

(also, it seems the "Notify me when a reply is posted" option doesn't work, at least for me; I've set a few topics for notification but receive no notices.  My topic in the Spyro Pictures forum was one of these; I went back to edit the first post and found the checkbox unchecked)

#2 Apr 08, 2009 5:08 PM

Aicebo

Re: Quick question about Fanfiction permissions (solved)

As for the Notify problem, go to "Profile" and check the box that says "Notify me when there are posts". That should work.

#3 Apr 08, 2009 5:58 PM

Spyrorocks
Administrator
Award: Admin
Gems: 4
Website

Its best to just go into the group page and request membership from there.

#4 Apr 08, 2009 8:55 PM

IceFlame1019
Website

sorry but, what group page? ><

I can't post in the fanfiction group to ask for access without first getting access :s

#5 Apr 09, 2009 5:06 PM

IceFlame1019
Website

something about my ISP doesn't like me editing my posts on any forum it seems @@

sorry if I may seem dense but I don't understand what you mean by "go into the group page and request membership from there"; I need membership granted before I can post anything in the group pages :s

"Sorry, but only users granted special access can post topics in this forum."

#6 Apr 11, 2009 6:18 AM

Akon

Personally, I don't understand what he means by that either. It's pretty hard to get permission to post there, huh? hmm

#7 Apr 11, 2009 7:53 AM

RedDragonX
Website

Try going up to the top menu and accessing the group through Usergroups, and see if you can request from there.

#8 Apr 11, 2009 3:01 PM

IceFlame1019
Website

ah, got it, but the instructions were vague.  When Spyrorocks said "group page", I thought he meant the actual page where you post topics.  Not very specific :s.

I've looked all over and have not seen the following info anywhere, so I'll post it here.
To join a group:
1) Under the top banner, look for a link titled "Usergroups"
2) In the drop-down bar in the middle, select your group, then click "View Information"
3) In the purple bars at the top of the next page is another button that says "Join Group".  Click it.

I almost missed step 3 because I saw a long list of Fanfiction members and thought it was just an overview page.

It may be my ISP or proxy or w/e, but the only thing I've found regarding membership is to PM Spyrorocks, there was nothing about the Usergroups link or where to go from there.
I don't usually mess with menu bar links due to some bad experiences on previous forums :s
I'll title this as "solved" if the Usergroups link really was the "missing link" in attaining membership XD

#9 Apr 11, 2009 9:16 PM

RedDragonX
Website

You will be approved once he gets around to it. I've never joined a group that way so I'm not quite sure if it's the same method or not.

#10 Apr 12, 2009 5:26 PM

IceFlame1019
Website

well, i have access now; i just wish this information had been up before. 
if it is, then I curse my ISP for giving me "this page cannot be displayed" all the time ><

#11 Apr 12, 2009 8:51 PM

RedDragonX
Website

It's all good. That's what this section is for.

Board footer