Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#1 Apr 10, 2009 1:56 PM

Dragon Angel
Gems: 0

Spyro and Sakie

This is a story that i've had in my head for a long time. It's very long so i'll probably have to write about five stories, maybe less. Also, it's about the 'original' Spyro.
Anyway, before we meet Spyro let me introduce you to Sakie. She's human smile 
(I know very little happens in this chapter but i'm just telling you a little bit about her background and personality)   

Chapter 1

The bell rang and a hustle of children ran out, laughing and shouting. A little girl wearing old, worn out uniform  was walking quietly on her own, clutching a ragdoll to her chest; the school didn't allow toys and she wasn't supposed to bring it but she did anyway, hiding it in her bag and taking it out as soon as school finished, she never liked being to far away from her precious doll.
Suddenly a hand shot out and grabbed the doll from her hands.
"Rosemary! No!" the little girl cried and tried to snatch the doll back, but she wasn't fast enough.
"Wot's this then?" A large boy who looked like a secondary schooler was holding poor Rosemary up by her hair.
"You give her back right now!" The litle girl shouted bravely, jumping up to try and take her from him, but the boy held the doll out of reach.
"Aww! You want your dolly back then do ya! Come on then, try harder!"
The boy's 'henchmen' who were never far away from him were laughing cruelly as he made out he was giving the doll to her, and then quickly snatching it back. The little girl made a lunge for the doll, tripped, and fell onto the muddy grass; she was unharmed, but she started to cry for her doll. The boys laughed louder.
"Hey, Jonsey! What did that doll ever do to you?" The boys all spun around and saw another girl, she looked younger than them but she was the same age. Her hands were on her hips and she looked like she was ready for a fight.
"Oh, look. It's violet!" Once again, the boys laughed at Jonseys increadably unfunny joke. The girl couldn't even be bothered to react, her name wasn't violet, it was just a nickname Jonsey had given her because of her unusual eye colour.
"I think you'd better give that doll back." She said, walking towards him with her hands outstreached.
"Or wot?" With a slight nod from Jonsey, the boys all stood around the girl flexing their muscles, the girl eyed them all without a hint of fear, then to their suprise; she laughed.
"I see, your scared aren't you Jonsey? You need your little friends her to protect you. What's wrong? Can't deal with little old me own your own?"
Jonsey flushed furiosly and signaled for the boys to stand back, he threw the doll away from him and turned to face the girl.
"I aint afraid of nothin'! 'specialy not you!"
"Good for you. Now if you'll excuse me I don't want to hang around you any more than I have to." She pushed him rudely out of the way, not wanting to be shown up in front of his mates, Jonsey lashed out at her, aiming for her head, she dodged it expertly and headbuted him in the stomach, Jonsey was winded for a few seconds before flying at her again. This time, she jabbed her knee upwards and hit him in his most sensitive area, he gave a small squeek and doubled over. His followers looked from Jonsey to the girl, before running in the opposite direction, shortly followed by Jonsey himself, who was limping slightly.
"Are you allright, Luce?" The older girl walked up to the younger one who ran up and flung her arms around her neck.
"I'm fine! Thank you Sakie!" Sakie smiled at Lucy's friendliness and unhooked her arms from around her neck.
"And how's Rosemary?"
"She got dirty! Look!" Lucy pointed to the back of the dolls dress, there was a muddy patch.
"Well as long as you both okay there's nothing to worry about, and we can get her cleaned up, no problem."  Lucy looked worried.
"Your not going to put her in the washing machine are you? She doesn't like it, she'll get dizzy and be sick."
"We wouldn't want that would we? Don't worry, we'll just put her dress in the wash and she can have a nice nap to recover from all that exitement. Now we'd better go Home or Claire will start to worry."

They were greeted by the usual shouting as they stepped into the front door of the Childrens Home, the living room door was slightly ajar and the shouts of two children arguing over the remote could be heard.
"Will you look after Rosemary for me?" Lucy asked.
"Of course. you go play and I'll take Rosemary's dress to Claire for cleaning and put Rosemary to bed, okay?" Lucy smiled gratefully and headed towards the living room door. Sakie passed the living room and went into the kitchen where she knew Claire, the care worker would be, sure enough she was there washing the dishes.
"Hi Claire!" Sakie said cheerfully. "Rosemary's gone and got herself a bit mucky."
"Oh, dear." Claire replied, glancing briefly at the muddy stain. "I suppose we'll have to put her in the wash."
"Just the dress." Sakie replied, striping the doll down to her petticoat. "Rosemary doesn't like the washing machine, it makes her nauseous."
"ah."
Sakie left the dress on the table top and headed upstairs. She entered Lucy's room and tucked Rosemary in Lucy's bed, with her head sticking out, she raided Lucy's minature tea set and placed a tea cup on Rosemary's lap, knowing Lucy would appeciate it.
After she had dealt with Rosemary, she when into her room and closed the door. The room was very simple with cream coloured walls, bare floorboards, a bed, a dresser, a mirror hanging on the wall, and a bookcase filled with spell books and books of mystical beasts. Sakie loved mystical things, her favourite  creatures had to be dragons; their fiery breath, their beautiful scales, the magic that surrounds them... dragons truly were the most magnificent creatures to walk the earth! And she didn't doubt for a second that they once did. Once. As for the spell books, she hadn't used them, only read them. A lot of the kids call her a witch, mostly because of her eyes, although Sakie took this as a compliment not an insult. She would love to be able to try some of the spells but most of them needed candles, and the care workers didn't allow them for safety reasons.
Sakie dropped her school bag on the floor and checked her reflection, she was a very pretty girl although she didn't realise it, she ran her fingers through her short, chocolate coloured hair. It had been wavy when it was long but know it was to short for waves so it just flicked out at the ends, she was outgrowing a fringe and had brushed it over the right side of he face but if often fell across so only one eye was showing. Sakie would often gaze at her own reflection, not because of vanity or because she worried about how she looked, she didn't care about her physical appearence. It was because of her eyes, she wondered why they where such an unusual colour. Violet. She wondered what colour eyes her parents had. Where theirs violet too? Or maybe they were a different unusual colour. His were red, hers were pink. And they would come and find their long lost daughter so they could be a family again; a special, unique family. Or maybe they were just normal people with normal eyes. Sakie reached under her shirt and pulled out the necklace she always wore, she was wearing it the day she was found wandering the streets alone, with a severe case of amnesia(she never did get her memory back). It was the one thing that was proof her parents loved her. It was golden, and spelled out her name, they must have had it made especialy because she hadn't met anyone else with her name so no one would make a necklace with her name on it. So if her parents took the trouble to have a necklace made especialy for her it must have meant they loved her. Right?
Gentle knocking interupted her thoughts, she looked past her shoulder to see a small, glowing dragonfly tapping on her window.

Board footer