Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#26 Mar 28, 2009 6:43 PM

RedDragonX
Gems: 0
Website

Re: What do you think about the Music of the "the legend of spyro" series?

It's Ratchet. Get use to it.

#27 Mar 29, 2009 2:59 AM

TornWings

I wish there had been more sequences like the flight to Dantes Freezer in the series. I think it went very well with the music to give a sense of "grand scale" (refusing to say epic because it's overused lately). I liked Dante's Freezer in general because you could actually see how far you'd gone. I don't think the games themselves always held up to the music they had.

Oh great, my lighthouse is on fire again, be right back...

#28 Apr 06, 2009 2:14 PM

IceFlame1019
Website

I miss the old music, but the new music suits the newer more serious storyline of the purple dragon's legacy.  I like to listen to the old Spyro music from time to time.  The older series was more "playful" and "fantastic" (as in "fantasy") than the newer series, conveyed by the upbeat tone of Copeland's midi works.  The Legend series is more serious, conveyed rather nicely by the orchestral-quality effort of its music.

Kneubuhl and Mann have done a great job with the music thus far; I love battle music, and so far their choral works kick ***, especially Cynder's boss music from ANB.  The main menu music from ANB is also very powerful, it really enhances the fact that the game is truly a "new beginning"; it gives a sense of discovery almost.

#29 Apr 06, 2009 11:52 PM

RedDragonX
Website

Well that was to help support the differentiation in being epic and being more cartoon like. I like the older music better but I don't mind the new installments. Could be a lot worse as always.

Board footer