Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#1 Dec 16, 2008 10:39 PM

zhampy
Gems: 0
Website

Seriously, the fighting...

If this is in the wrong place i apologise. I have terrible judgement of were things belong D:

Anyway. This game. I've always wanted an epic storyline in a Spyro game. The universe Insomniac made was incredibly fun and nothing has come close to beating that enjoyment. But this storyline is something new and right up my ally. And i want to play the games but...

How constant is the fighting?

Is there a balanced ratio of combat and platforming? Can i kill everything and not have it spawn back as i explore the area? IS there any point to exploring an area? The combat is the ONE thing that had kept me from playing these games. I tried ANB on the DS and the neverending battles drove me crazy. But i thought maybe it felt awkward because it was on a handheld. Generally action games are smoother on a console with an analog stick. All that fighting has GOT to murder your wrist on the Wii, but yeah.

I can't rent games in my area so i'm not blowing my hard earned cash on something that'll never see the inside of my PS3 again.

Just how bad is the combat?

#2 Dec 16, 2008 10:55 PM

EricChristianOlsenFanatic
Birthday: 1 November

Re: Seriously, the fighting...

Hello nice to meet u, btw ur artwork rockx!!! Lol..... The combat is very well done and no thankfully when you kill a bad guy, they don't respawn and come back...lol. I have all three Legend of Spyro games and the 1st is one of the best Spyro games I've ever played. I hope my advice helps...lol cause I usually stink when it comes to giving advice. Good luck and enjoy the game!!

Your new friend, Justin Long Fanatic

(flowers)

I have changed my username from Justin Long Fanatic to EricChristianOlsenFanatic, so Justin Long Fanatic is my old name on this site, and EricChristianOlsenFanatic is my new one.

#3 Dec 16, 2008 11:56 PM

zhampy
Website

Lol, really? Well thanks! And hello too XD

So you can run around an area completly free of baddies after you've killed them all? Well, that's good to know. Makes me want to play it even more now XD They kept respawning in the DS version :C Or maybe i didn't kill enough of them before i got bored.

#4 Dec 17, 2008 11:08 AM

ratchet
Website

No, It's really Good, There's Hardly any fighting AT ALL in the entire game!

Just kidding, The Whole game's Fighting, The genre is defiently Combat. There's Hard;y any platforming, It's linear and Hella short.
You might like It Though, If you like Epic Storylines and you can dodge the medioce gameplay, you might like it.
The Combat is tolerable though.

#5 Dec 21, 2008 6:36 AM

spyromaster330

The combat is ok but it gets a bit repetitive and there's hardly any platforming.

#6 Feb 04, 2009 4:35 PM

chocolatedragon

There really is little point in exploring an area though, the stages have set maps from beginning to end, there isn't much to explore. You fight some enemys, move on, fight some enemys, move on, until you get bored of all the fighting and just use the electric breath to push them away instead. tongue

#7 Feb 04, 2009 11:47 PM

RedDragonX
Website

It's just a simple linear run through each area and beat the crap out of every enemy to move on system...with a story thrown in as you advance...pretty simple. Not exactly for all gamers especially the old game supporters.

Board footer