You are not logged in.

#1 Jan 21, 2009 3:27 PM

Spyro the Drgon
Gems: 0

Pointless

It's strange how the Guardians sent Spyro to stop the Eternal Night. By the way they explained it in the game it sounds like the only way to stop it is to move one of the Celestial moons. I don't understand. hmm

#2 Jan 25, 2009 12:01 AM

TornWings

Re: Pointless

I don't know if the goal was to stop it. We never did get to hear their plan of action beyond some of Ignitus' orders at the start of the game.

Oh great, my lighthouse is on fire again, be right back...

#3 Jan 26, 2009 10:01 PM

Spyro the Drgon

All that really was said was that Spyro was to go to the "Tree". but that doesn't mean that Ignitus knew what to do.
How did Ignitus even know where to find the "Tree" anyway?

#4 Jan 28, 2009 3:18 PM

TornWings

Well, it's a big tree, trees take a while to grow, so he sends Spyro to the Ancient Grove (at least I think that's what it is called).

I'm going to guess they were playing it by ear. Ignitus was probably trying to prepare for the night of eternal darkness more than anything, though he might have thought Spyro would find a way to stop it by following the clues in his dreams.

Oh great, my lighthouse is on fire again, be right back...

#5 Jan 29, 2009 5:47 AM

cynderfan
Website

#6 Jan 29, 2009 1:56 PM

Stormy
Administrator
Award: Admin
Gems: 540
Birthday: 3 April
Website

There's no need to post if you're just going to state that you agree with someone. tongue

Why did Spyro need to find a "tree" in the first place? That entire level was completely pointless; you run through it, defeat an annoying boss, and then leave with nothing useful, and then they never even mentioned it again after. Dream or not, I think they should have at least made that level have some sort of significance to the plot or it just looks like they didn't care to think it out all the way.

#7 Jan 29, 2009 7:26 PM

Spyro the Drgon

STUPID "TREE".  mad

#8 Jan 29, 2009 10:54 PM

Saeth

Well, this is what I got from it:

The whole Tree thing... Spyro mentioned it while he said that he was having his nightmares and what not and he also mentioned the chronicler while he was doing  it.

The guardians then said that every time the chronicler is mentioned there is some foreboding doom waiting to happen, in this case the Eternal night or the celestial eclipse w/e. SO, Iggy sent out Terrador and the other guardians to the surrounding areas to warn them that evil is upon us, take arms and prepare yourselves.

Iggy only sent Spyro off to that tree so he can, I guess, fix his nightmare problems and possible get some of his powers back.

Personally I think a glass warm milk and lullaby would have done the trick just fine, but what the heck do I know?

Iggy sat back to search for Cynder... now as of all this is going on, it would seem that none of the Guardians knew who the chronicler actually is, in other words they know of him but they don't know him.

So they probably thought that if Spyro goes to that tree the chronicler will reveal himself and all will be well and done and Spyro will come with answers to his lost powers, why the Chronicler was sending him freakish telepathic email, and what actually is going to happen when the celestial eclipse happens.

Of course we all knew what happen and one thing lead to another.

As to how Iggy new where the tree is, well Iggy mentioned it himself that he can see parts into the future too, so my bet, is when he was pool gazing he probably saw a way to that tree, through bits and pieces of the future... that's all I got.

#9 Jan 30, 2009 12:44 AM

Razz
Website

Ignitus, as I recall, didn't know where the tree was. All he said was that Spyro needed to follow his dreams. Said dreams told him to seek out the tree in the Forbidden forest.

As for everything else, Ignitus sent the other Guardians off to warn the other people in the world that dark times were coming and to prepare themselves. He stayed behind to find Cynder. And that was it.

Board footer