#1 May 30, 2008 5:29 AM

Phatlip
Gems: 0

Audio problems

#2 May 31, 2008 2:58 PM

Daxter

Re: Audio problems

Hmmm, i also played the Spyro Games at my Ps 3, but without any audio problems. You can try another Update on your PS 3. But i would say that your Cd´s are heavy damaged! If that is the fall it is really possible that you have some audio Bug´s, especially in Cut Scenes! If you have a chance, try another Spyro Cd and tell me if you have the same problems.

#3 May 31, 2008 4:48 PM

Aicebo

Huh.  I've had the same problem, except it was on Spyror Two, not the first one...
I don't know what to do about it though...Sorry.

#4 Jun 08, 2008 2:15 AM

Phatlip

I played Spyro 2 some more. Skelos Badlands wouldn't load so I reset the game. Since it autosaves, it would take me to the level I was in and not the homeworld (too used to Spyro 1), so when I chose my file it was stuck at "the adventure continues..." because it's trying to load Skelos Badlands, which wasn't working. Then I took the disc out while it was loading and cleaned it. I put it back in and it worked.

Then I try another level in the same area (Breeze Harbor I think) and it was pausing when it was loading. Like how you see Spyro flying, it would stop briefly and start flying again. About 5 times in that single loading/saving screen. Then it was just a black screen. I cleaned the disc as I did when I had that problem with Skelos Badlands, but it still didn't work. I reset the game, again thinking I'd be taken to the homeworld. "The adventure continues...". I tried cleaning the disk again, but it wouldn't load. So, unless I can get that level to load, I have to start a new file and not enter that level (no 100% for me).

I was pretty annoyed by the Spyro 2 business, so I started playing Spyro 3 (I intended to play them chronologically, but I guess not). The only problem I've had so far is that the music "skips" at some parts. By that I mean, on some parts of the song, it slows down and gets choppy. These games don't want me to hear them...

E: A cutscene it YotD went silent. Guess there's nothing I can do but buy a new disc...

#5 Jun 13, 2008 11:55 PM

Trasher258
Website

I don't care how it looks but how it functions

#6 Jun 14, 2008 12:28 AM

BentleyIII

Yeah, my Spyro 2 is scratched up quite a bit, and although the game itself works fine, the sound is often messed up. Usually it just skips every once in a while, so I usually mute it. However, the cut scenes work fine for me. It's just some of the characters' voices in the levels and some of the level music.

#7 Jun 20, 2008 4:31 AM

Doppelgangergang
Banned

#8 Jun 21, 2008 5:55 AM

Phatlip

Thanks for the link, Doppelgangergang. I have an 80GB PS3 and I get all of the new udates as soon as they're released. It says there are no problems with Spyro 1, but the Spyro 2 and 3 problems are accurate (albeit incomplete). The updates haven't fixed these problems, though...

(Also apparently it's common for Ratchet and Clank 2 to be slo-mo)

#9 Jun 21, 2008 6:06 AM

godofwrath2098
Website

thats said,since there all good games sad

#10 Aug 17, 2008 11:15 AM

Black Shadow
Banned

I don't have a PS3 but, I have a PS2 and the sound skips in some levels.

#11 Aug 17, 2008 2:56 PM

Paranoia
Award: contest mod
Gems: 136
Birthday: 6 February
Website

I had problems with the sound on my Spyro 1 disk too. None of my PS1 games play in my PS2 fro some reason.  The music was jerky, and it didn't sound good at all. So, I just bought another copy, and it was fine.

#12 Aug 17, 2008 7:29 PM

Gaz237

It's a scratched disk. My friend has the same problem.

Ok:

Get some vegetable oil, put it on the disk, and get a clean towel and whipe it. Whipe it all over the marks, then le it dry for around 3 minutes. Come back, and whipe it with a clean towel - and hey, your sorted. wink

#13 Sep 02, 2008 5:45 PM

Keby
Website

This same thing happened to me when I was playing the Eboots I made of the Spyro games on my PSP!  The background music would not play for anything, and then when I would talk to a dragon, it would suddenly come on for a short time until the dragon was over.  I tried resetting, but that did not seem to work!  The start menu also did not have music.  The whole game just seemed so silent.  lol  XD

#14 Dec 07, 2008 1:17 PM

Spyrodude3

Yes, I have some sound problems with Spyro 1 on my PS2.

I got the game at the open market in Huddersfield along with Enter The Dragonfly. I put the disc in my console, and it worked fine. So I thought it was pretty decent even though it was from a market for a fiver. Once I unlocked Toasty, the first Artisans world music decided to start jumping. Later on in the game, I got onto Doctor Shemp. The music skipped and skipped and skipped. When I rescued that dragon before you start battling Doctor Shemp, I could not hear a word he said.
A. Because the music was skipping over his voice
B. The dragons voice was muffled and very quiet
But after I spoke to the dragon, the music stopped skipping. I got onto the second thingy where you flame Doctor Shemp, and then it started jumping and skipping really bad. It was skipping so bad, the surround sound in my room made it go all loud and it vibrated through my bedroom floor. Now, before you start saying "Your disk needs cleaning" I have cleaned it about 10 times, and it still skips. I usually get tips off my mum when it comes to this, but she can't figure it out either. So if you have any other tips for me, please let me know! Because the skipping and jumping is driving me up the wall!

#15 Jan 20, 2009 3:30 AM

Crashpro3
Website

If you have a PS3, get it off of the PlayStation Network. Well... Spyro 1 at least. Its only 6 bucks, and you can get PSN cards at most places now. I've seen a ton at GameStop and Best Buy. As for Spyro 2 and 3, just wait until later this year. They need a few firmware updates though, because some cutscenes will not load properly (This is the PS3's problem, not the actual disc).

Things that do not work on PS3 include:

Spyro 2:
Audio in cutscenes turn off

Spyro 3:
One of the cutscenes will not load.
Sometimes a character will not finish their chat. So the game will skip and turn off the audio at the last second.

#16 Jan 20, 2009 7:01 AM

spyromaster330

I sometimes have that problem with Spyro 2 when i play it on my ps2 but not as bad.

#17 Jan 22, 2009 2:43 AM

RedDragonX
Website

Only time I ever had audio problems was when the disc was scratched up something horrible. None of the music files would play right if at all after that. Other then that no.

#18 Jan 22, 2009 5:57 PM

T3h0v4llu
Banned

I heard that you can play spyro 1 free with the ps3. Probably loadable from the xbox live correspondant for ps3. Dno about the other two.

#19 Jan 22, 2009 10:54 PM

RedDragonX
Website

Well I have a PS3 but I don't have an internet connection for it or anything....but regardless that would be a good way to get good audio if you need it 0.o....

#20 Jan 27, 2009 8:11 PM

T3h0v4llu
Banned

Isnt it something simple like... just plugging the cable into the console?

#21 Jan 27, 2009 8:56 PM

RedDragonX
Website

I'm not sure how it is done....I have not had the chance to try anything of the sort thanks to me internet availability. Hopefully I can find a better deal soon.

Board footer