Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#51 Nov 28, 2008 6:40 AM

TornWings
Gems: 0

Re: Best Spyro Game Ever?

From what I've seen on other message boards, the reception for DotD seems kind of mixed.

I saw 1 person who'd hated the TLOS series thus far like it a great deal, 1 person who'd liked TLOS up to that point hate it, and a fair number of people thinking it's at least decent.

A lot of people seem to agree that DotD is the best TLOS game.

Oh great, my lighthouse is on fire again, be right back...

#52 Nov 29, 2008 7:36 AM

RedDragonX
Website

It got pretty much average reviews....but yeah it was the best of this trilogy...by far....but nowhere near the other games.

And yes Ratchet you are correct that I like the old games better...but I also don't hate the new ones...I enjoy them in a different light..but I take the best of both worlds. Really not hard to figure out lol....the only reason I argue is because I do respect this new series to a degree...but that's just me of course.

The games could have been done much better...but they have still yet to create something that can satisfy everybody...god bless them if they do.

#53 Nov 29, 2008 7:42 AM

ratchet
Website

#54 Nov 29, 2008 8:00 AM

RedDragonX
Website

Well if only they had that idea 10 years ago...if they ever revisited the series then they could def improve on something like that. I don't know if they were afraid of hurting the image of the old series.....but they just tried something new.....I wish that I had somebody to play the game co-op with...oh well....now we can only wait....

#55 Nov 29, 2008 3:16 PM

T3h0v4llu
Banned

We can only wait and hope they are not continuing this kind of gameplay. I am looking forward a "classic" spyro game, not fighting spyro game. Collecting loot pwns everything else.

#56 Nov 29, 2008 5:38 PM

36IStillLikeSpyro36
Award: Globmod
Gems: -4,018
Website

#57 Nov 29, 2008 7:23 PM

RedDragonX
Website

It's gonna be different for everyone. I though the gameplay wasn't that bad...it just could have been drastically improved. The game was much better then the first two combined...I can give it that much. I do think they should have included much more collecting...like the old games...and a more wide open world instead of so linear..but that's just me.

I enjoy both series very much..each has their drawbacks..

#58 Nov 29, 2008 9:23 PM

TornWings

It's not really fair to compare them graphically, seeing as the original trilogy was on the PS1. Console limitations and all.
Unless you referring to the graphical style and prefer that over the original style, in which case you've got a valid point.

Still waiting for a friend of mine to get the game so I can hear his opinion...(taps foot)

Oh great, my lighthouse is on fire again, be right back...

#59 Nov 29, 2008 9:26 PM

RedDragonX
Website

Very true...I don't compare the two game series against each other graphically...the only ones I do are the LoS series....seeing the originals done in an engine like recently would be pretty sweet to see.

#60 Nov 30, 2008 7:08 AM

Taco Godess
Website

#61 Nov 30, 2008 5:30 PM

RedDragonX
Website

Well then you have the radicals lol....but yes nothing will come close to the originals....but my mind is open still...if you get somebody who really cares and wants to make a real impact on the series..I think they could create something pretty sweet.

#62 Nov 30, 2008 7:41 PM

T3h0v4llu
Banned

#63 Nov 30, 2008 11:47 PM

RedDragonX
Website

Not unless it was someone who just wanted to take the entire under their franchise and make it the face of their entire company lol....that would be sweet...but I don't see it happening...nor do I see anyone as of yet who really really wants to make these games awesome...

#64 Dec 04, 2008 6:23 PM

T3h0v4llu
Banned

#65 Dec 04, 2008 6:30 PM

RedDragonX
Website

You're telling me. It's very sad watching Spyro struggling to continue in this new entertainment economy. Things will never be the same as 10 years ago...but I still keep the faith that they will do it justice one of these days.

#66 Dec 30, 2008 3:24 PM

Flamme

#67 Dec 30, 2008 4:45 PM

RadSpyro
Website

Not in a million years.

Poor camera, loads of glitches (Negative glitches, I might add) and limited flying. A good game, yes. An amazing game, no.

#68 Dec 30, 2008 9:13 PM

RedDragonX
Website

Again I didn't get many of these glitches everyone talks about...hmmm...I guess I just got lucky...but all in all the game wasn't nearly as bad as It could have been. Pretty good experience give or take a few pros and cons.

#69 Dec 31, 2008 7:42 PM

Aceedwin

No, but it does have the best storyline in the Spyo universe, and the best legend of Spyro game. It also get the incredibly rare, "made me cry" trophy.

And let's be fair, it's not really fair. A few of the Spyro games were ridiculously good. I'd say DOTD was about the 3rd best Spyro game.

#70 Jan 01, 2009 12:08 AM

RedDragonX
Website

Well nothing has ever topped the original games...and this was by far the best in the LoS series....but if they want to win over all the fans of the franchise..they really have to go over their approach and strategy in the future games.

One of the bad things Sierra seems to believe is that they don't need the whole fandom to continue forward...which no they don't...but it has caused a nice little string of tension between just about everyone. If they are smart they will work to improve on this idea....but I have high doubts.

#71 Jan 01, 2009 8:50 AM

ratchet
Website

I thought the Storyline lacked in this game. It Felt more epic than in ANB and TEN, but It was filed with Plotholes, Ripoffs and turns Spyro into a gary-stu.

#72 Jan 01, 2009 5:22 PM

RedDragonX
Website

Well many have gotten the same feeling about Cynder...and yeah I can see why anyone who does think that way...but yeah the storyline in the first two games at least had a little bit of creativity to it rather then just one straight shot...if they had used the same art style in the first two games it really would have been sweet.

But in general at least the characters kinda made it up to me...

#73 Jan 02, 2009 3:06 AM

Cynder's #1 Fan

#74 Jan 02, 2009 3:56 AM

spyrox811

In my opinion, not only was it the best Spyro game ever, it was also the best of ANY game ever.  When I started playing it, I couldn't stop myself from playing it for almsot anything...  I 100%'d it three times before I could even think of doing something other then playing it. O_o

"Oh goodie, for a second there I thought we'd have to go the rest of the day without any more doom!"

#75 Jan 02, 2009 6:30 AM

RedDragonX
Website

Well it is certainly a good game lol...but I wouldn't go nearly as far to call it the best ever lol...however if it satisfies you that much that's really all that you need. Many gamers will have different addictions and different takes on just what makes an enjoyable game. At least you found it very satisfying though.

Board footer