#1 Dec 07, 2008 6:11 AM

Spyrorox
Gems: 0

Movie Before Next Game???

Hey guys

So I was just wondering, usually we hear about next years' spyro game right about now, but all we've heard about is the movie. Are the producers gonna skip a year of game making and focus on the movie for 2009?????.....

Chillin' like a dragon

#2 Dec 08, 2008 6:41 PM

T3h0v4llu
Banned

Re: Movie Before Next Game???

I believe that a completely different company is making the movie, and i also wish that they will never continue tlos, ever.

#3 Dec 08, 2008 9:50 PM

Malefor

Oh boy I sure hope not! I'm not going to wate 2 years for a Spyro game!
Anyways I heard what the new game may be called!

#4 Dec 08, 2008 10:56 PM

Erza
Birthday: 19 June
Website

same here. I can't live without it!

#5 Dec 09, 2008 11:22 AM

Spyro Master

whats the new game going to b called i havnt heard nything about a new game name

#6 Dec 09, 2008 4:55 PM

T3h0v4llu
Banned

Its way too early for that.

#7 Dec 09, 2008 6:14 PM

Starscream

I'd rather have to wait 3 years and let the the game-makers do a awesome job than wait a year and get a  rushed, half finished garbage : /

#8 Dec 09, 2008 7:23 PM

RedDragonX
Website

Yeah I don't want to see anything rushed...even though they still continue to do so...they really need to put quality into their work...and that's why I believe they will wait until after this movie or movies come out...so that they can get a more direct feel of just who is interested in this series as a whole...because many as obviously seen above absolutely despise it...so what use is continuing something that most of the fans will just continue to hate no matter what is done.

#9 Dec 10, 2008 1:22 PM

Spyro Master

if they do rush it people would be disapointed like u said but hopefull it will the film they will concentrate on

#10 Dec 10, 2008 1:34 PM

RedDragonX
Website

That's what I'm hoping for. If they rush this thing too then I'm pretty sure all they will receive is a negative audience...and I'm thinking that wont do very well in their plans for the next game.

#11 Dec 10, 2008 1:39 PM

Spyro Master

hmm ur right there actually has any1 realised wot they might b doing? thye might b trying to kill him off now he is past his 10th aniversary its a rumor thats going aorund my friends at school from forums they use bt they wont tel me which ones sad

#12 Dec 10, 2008 1:40 PM

Spyro Master

bt it will b a rumor which wont come true i reckon

#13 Dec 10, 2008 2:12 PM

RedDragonX
Website

I don't think anybody really knows...and it is far too early to assume anything...I can just go with the information that is present on hand...and that is the movie coming out next year...

#14 Dec 11, 2008 12:19 AM

TheDarkCynder

They MIGHT continue the Tlos series, one Sierra offical says, and Sierra is not making the movie they are focusing on games.

Even in the darkest of times,
there is always a light. reminding
us the even the smallest amount
of courage can turn the tides of war.
-Ignitus

#15 Dec 11, 2008 3:53 AM

RedDragonX
Website

Well then please state your sources...because as far as I can see...a new game just came out...this movie has been in development for about a year..and it has been confirmed to be coming out next Christmas...and as for LoS in general...again I have stated that their decision to continue with this franchise will rely mostly on the overall reception that DotD brings in along with net sales....that and whatever success the movie will or will not have....that's what I figure anyways.

#16 Dec 11, 2008 11:07 AM

Spyro Master

makes sense reddragon but like many people we will hav to w8 and c wot information appears bt this spyro film is only gonan b in 3d cinemas i reckon as it said on that poster spyro 3d

#17 Dec 11, 2008 3:32 PM

Spyrorox

Yeah, they could just wait and see the profit they make. But if they wait until after the movie, we will have to wait 2 years for another game.....unless that sierra guy was right, because I remember on the sierra forum someone ask him about another game and he seemed to say yes.....

Chillin' like a dragon

#18 Dec 11, 2008 5:52 PM

RedDragonX
Website

Well I guess it would depend...on Sierra Forums...they did say that they could continue with the LoS series...depending on the final marketing and overall acceptance of DotD...and eventually this movie....but as for another game....I don't know if they will do all three movies back to back...even though it would make sense...they might try to work on both at the same time...but for anymore games..I can only assume that they will not decide until after the first movie comes out at least. Then they would have a pretty good feel for LoS's fanbase.

#19 Dec 11, 2008 7:11 PM

T3h0v4llu
Banned

But cant they realize if they put more effort in the next game, then it will get profit regardless of what happened to DotD? (hopefully)

#20 Dec 11, 2008 7:22 PM

RedDragonX
Website

Well I'm sure that they can believe that...but again things are very unpredictable in today's market....but yeah if they threw more effort into their next attempt...they will surly get a little bit more of a reception then they were granted this time around...I just think that they will wait until after the movie to see just how many people in general are interested in the LoS series as a whole...

Board footer