Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#1 Mar 26, 2007 10:13 PM

LoneKnight
Gems: 0
Website

Spyro Soundtrack

Okay, I have been avoiding this, but it appears that Spyrorocks does not mind discussing users having Spyro music.

Over the last year, I have undergone the painstaking process of ripping the Spyro music from Spyro 1-5 and editing them all (adding intro/outro fades, improving any instabilities, etc)

At this moment, I have every single song used in Spyro the Dragon, Ripto's Rage, Year of the Dragon, Enter the Dragonfly, and A Dragon's Tail all edited and in perfect condition.

Pending Spyrorock's policy, I may make this available for others.

Also note, that this music surpasses that which is available anywhere else online, including places like the Galbadia Hotel. While the Hotel may offer a large amount of songs, it does not contain every song, and lacks appropriate fades. If you are wondering what fades are, they are put there so that the song does not abruptly cut off when it is ended.

Discuss, but I wait for Spyrorock's approval.

#2 Mar 26, 2007 11:02 PM

TB
Website

Re: Spyro Soundtrack

#3 Mar 26, 2007 11:27 PM

Spyrorocks
Administrator
Award: Admin
Gems: 4
Website

I am emailing Sierra asking for permission.

#4 Mar 27, 2007 11:37 AM

DragonspiritPT

Cool! LoneKnight... how many gems?

#5 Mar 27, 2007 11:29 PM

LoneKnight
Website

It's not a matter of how much, moreso a matter if I legally can or not. I am quite content on sitting on them all if I am legally not allowed to distribute them. I mean, I don't like the idea of my work being just shot into the internet, because anyone can claim it to be their handywork....

I wait on a responce from both Sierra and Insomniac.

#6 Mar 28, 2007 1:23 AM

LoneKnight
Website

I don't like to double post, but:

Emailed Insomniac, here's the message from them regarding it:

Hi there,

Sierra owns the rights to Spyro, but the composer also may have some
contractual rights as well. Best bet is to contact Sierra, but in all
liklihood, sharing the music is still illegal.

Thanks,
Insomniac Games

Emailing Sierra now.

#7 Mar 28, 2007 1:29 AM

Spyrorocks
Administrator
Award: Admin
Gems: 4
Website

I don't got much hope for them letting you now...

#8 Mar 29, 2007 9:28 PM

LoneKnight
Website

Heard back from Sierra officially. Got several questions answered, some pertaining to a future Spyro.

I asked Sierra the policy on the Spyro the Dragon music. As it turns out, Sierra owns the music from the Spyro games that Insomniac made, as well. Sierra shares it with Stewart Copeland, the creator of the music. So, Insomniac is completely out of the picture.

Second, they seeemed a little perterbed to heear that some sites were sharing Spyro music (such as the Galbadia Hotel). I don't know what they will do about that.

When asked if they plan on ever releasing the Spyro music, they answered that it depends on several things: If they determine that it is a worthy monetary investment (i.e. they break even or make a profit), and if Spyro sequels are continued to be made.

So, it appears for now that the world is not allowed the music to Spyro the Dragon at their disposale. For those of us skilled and with the knowledge to rip it from the games themselves, we must hold onto them until the day comes when they can be distributed. For those who don't know how to obtain the music themselves, just wait I guess.

#9 Mar 30, 2007 1:29 AM

dragonrider91

Cool! I would do that. I mean download music on my computer but I hate my computer. I can't even play PC games or any of my cds b/c it will make them skip >.<

#10 Mar 30, 2007 2:50 AM

Brom the Wise

And ,just like that, my hopes were shot down in a single, soul-shhattering moment :'( ......... but ill survive smile

#11 Apr 01, 2007 8:50 PM

dragonrider91

Yup you will Brom.*jumps up and starts singing "I will Survive" to him* heh..er...sorry. I went to church this morning. I got touched by God. I'm hyper in the Holy Spirit now. I wonder if that's even possible.*shurgs shoulders* oh well*laughs from embarassment*

#12 Apr 01, 2007 9:00 PM

Brom the Wise

*looks at her as if fearing for her sanity* lets get back on topic

#13 Apr 01, 2007 9:12 PM

LoneKnight
Website

Indeed. In the next few weeks I am going to see what happens to the Galbadia Hotel to see if Sierra takes any action against them now that Sierra knows they are transporting illegal material.

#14 Apr 01, 2007 9:27 PM

Brom the Wise

Good idea

#15 Apr 26, 2007 12:28 PM

Iceboy84
Website

Hey LoneKnight.

I've been doing the same recently. As well as ripping the music, I've managed to nab some extra tracks from elsewhere to put on as little bonuses, e.g. the unreleased demo version of Sunny Beach.

I just wondered how many CDs worth of material you had for each game? Have you ripped the music from the cutscenes too? If so, what method did you use for that?

Nice to see another serious fan besides myself dedicated to getting this music. I have it all in lossless format too!

I'll be in touch.

Board footer