Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#1 Feb 13, 2008 6:37 AM

ratchet
Gems: 0
Website

Not In The Timeline.

A few things suggest this... Spyro cant glide, Its Japanese, They live in houses, THe Dragons Say That Purple Dragons Are Rare Breeds (but there were tonnes in Spyro 1). Theres more...

#2 Jun 26, 2008 5:53 PM

Spash the Bandragon
Gems: 2

Re: Not In The Timeline.

#3 Jul 02, 2008 5:46 AM

ratchet
Website

1.He starts OFF that he cant glide, meaning he couldn't of glided before
2.Good point about the japanese thing, but its a bit weird that most of the buildings have japaneses on them and stuff, when dragons seem to be very diverse
3. But did you see any houses at all? no!
4.The dragons in Spyro 1 were still purple, still fitting the criteria, not to mention they all looked different (not the same breed)

SSL seems to not fit in the timeline

#4 Jul 03, 2008 3:18 PM

Spyro

There were homes in Town Square in StD, etc. The homes weren't always obvious but they were there. You think there's just a town with a bunch of windows in it and dragons all around but they don't live there? The opening to YotD showed Dragons sleeping outside but that doesn't mean they ALL did. And you don't really consider AHT canon, either, but we saw homes in that - with pillows, etc.

#5 Jul 03, 2008 7:49 PM

Spash the Bandragon

#6 Jul 04, 2008 6:05 AM

Spyro

You misunderstood me, Spash , I'm on your "side". To me, SL and AHT both fit in the canon following EtD. I don't think that just because there were houses it contradicts. I was trying to show that StD had houses, too. And I meant ratchet doesn't really consider AHT canon. It was "pushing it" in his eyes in terms of acceptability. SL fits in the canon, the lack of gliding is for tutorial type purposes, not a plot issue. Purple dragons may exist in StD but they can be just as 'rare'. All in all, the only games that screw up the canon in my eyes are ANB and TEN.

#7 Jul 04, 2008 2:03 PM

Spash the Bandragon

#8 Jul 08, 2008 1:16 PM

ratchet
Website

#9 Jan 20, 2009 2:26 AM

Crashpro3
Website

Actually, its Chinese, and FYI, Year of the Dragon was Chinese based too. Any way. It takes place directly after A Hero's Tail. I'm stalling the timeline video for this until we get more information. I hope they actually continue this, since it ends in a cliff-hanger.

#10 Jan 20, 2009 8:40 AM

ratchet
Website

Year of the Dragon was sort of based on the chinese zodiac, It wasn't chinese based. Dragon shores In SL seems to have ancient Asian buildings, while in RR all we saw is that Dragon Shores was a beach and western theme park/carnival. I now Agree AHT is in the timeline, but still not this. The main being Spyro not being able to glide at the start, and how Dragons willingly teach magic to Spyro, and Combat, Wiithout even TALKING about it before. Also, As I said, Purple Dragons aren't lucky or special as they are as common as any other dragons.
This game COULD be on the timeline, but several small things have to be explained or excused

Board footer