Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#1 May 28, 2008 1:37 AM

minredd
Gems: 0

Cynders Gauntlets Theory

Well, this isn't going to be a long post because it's very straight forward but here goes:

What if the gauntlets were part of one of the armor sets you get at the very very very beginning of the game? And the people getting the screen shots just kept/put them on or didn't notice.

Well, that's all I can really say. It's not likely but you never know.

#2 May 28, 2008 7:06 AM

TheManiacOnWheels

Re: Cynders Gauntlets Theory

Well, the thing is, she had those on her body when she was enslaved. It might have just been a graphical/imagination error that Krome made that she didn't in TEN. Or EL decided to bring them back. I dunno...

#3 Jun 05, 2008 12:45 AM

Vitani333

#4 Jun 08, 2008 6:37 PM

Scarabbug

That sounds about right.

Where did you get that producers quote? All this info is coming from soemwhere and I'd love to know where smile

#5 Jun 09, 2008 12:00 AM

TheManiacOnWheels

Sierra Community Forums. There's a Q&A there. But at the moment they're making a tally and we aren't sure when they'll answer. Still, if you post your questions, they'll add it, and answer it when they can...after a while big_smile.

#6 Jun 12, 2008 5:58 PM

Scarabbug

Awesome! Thanks.

it's nice when you find companies that actually bother to listen and show itnerest in their fanbase... smile

#7 Jun 13, 2008 2:33 AM

TheManiacOnWheels

No prob.
Yeah, most of em' just ignore us...

#8 Jun 19, 2008 7:54 PM

Volteer32

Those gauntlet things she has on her front wrists look quite cool really, dunno about the collar around her neck - but maybe they could be used in some kind of defence way, or you could upgrade them to say something else that has blades on it. Well since she's got one on her tail and two on her wings (although in one screenshot they look like they've been removed) why not add some more to give Cynder that "don't mess with me otherwise I'll rip ya to shreds" look smile

#9 Jun 20, 2008 1:36 PM

ratchet
Website

I found it confusing that when she shrunk her jewelery disappeared........

#10 Jun 20, 2008 9:01 PM

Volteer32

#11 Jun 20, 2008 9:45 PM

Kat
Website

#12 Jun 21, 2008 7:16 PM

Razz
Website

Mike Graham, one of the LoS producers and story writers, confirmed that the reason Cynder has her evil jewelry back is to help face her fears of the past. Heck, here's his whole post on the subject, in response to my question "Why does Cynder have her evil jewelry back?":

"Before I explain the return of Cynder's jewelry, I want to take a moment to explain a couple of things.  Bare with me...

Often times, there are a lot of details about each character that we simply don't have time to explain in the games.  Take Malefor for instance:

Why is Malefor evil?  Why does he want to destroy everything?  Why is it that every bad guy wants to destroy everything?  Well, in the case of Malefor, you have to think about what he has been through in order to understand his motives.  Maybe destroying the world wasn't always his goal.  Maybe being trapped in the prison of Convexity for as long as he was warped his way of thinking.

As much as we'd like to, we don't always have time to explain every detail (though we do think about them).  All we can do is skip to the part that is most relevant and hope for the chance to fill in the gaps at a later point.  It's always the hardest decision, to decide which scenes stay and which ones need to be removed.

Another thing that we consider is fan fiction.  By leaving certain gaps in the narrative, it allows all of you to join us in the creation of this world.  Spyro's world is a world built from imagination.  We like to give just enough detail to convey the intent of each scene, while leaving enough room to insert twists at later points, whether it is later in the same game or in another game altogether.

Now back to Cynder's jewelry...

Cynder has been through quite a bit.  When she was first redeemed, I think her initial reaction was to cast aside everything that reminded her of the past.  She was effectively in denial.  But over time, she has begun to come to terms with who she is.  Wearing the jewelry that she wore while under Malefor's influence is a subtle way for her to learn to face her fears.

Now why does she have them on when she is freed from the crystal?  Well it wouldn't make sense to waste a lot of time in a cut scene that shows her putting them back on, so we'll have to consider them to be "magic".  smile"

#13 Jun 22, 2008 6:29 PM

LordCrump10

Wow... that really explained a lot. I had been wondering about her gauntlets. That does seem like a very reasonable... er... reason! ^.^;

As for the paragraph before it, Mike seems to have explained the meaning of life... for fanfictions anyway. Cool!

Board footer