Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#51 Aug 11, 2007 3:15 AM

LoneKnight
Gems: 0
Website

Re: THE BEST SPYRO YET

The new ones are all constant fighting as well, even moreso.

#52 Aug 11, 2007 5:45 AM

Spyro_Loves_Me
Website

It was a nice game. It kept me entertained. I liked the graphics, music, voices (well, there was one voice that I didn't exactly admire..).
But it seemed too repetitive; fighting.. fighting.. fighting the same guys over and over again.
It may have it's ups and downs, but I'm still happy with my purchase.
As for being the best? Hmm, I can't say. I'm probably more on the side of no since I'm a big fan of the older Spyro games. :-P

#53 Aug 11, 2007 6:52 AM

Jay Tanoshi
Website

Well, yeah. The fighting did get repetitive at times, but I did like the game overall. Even the characters looked and sound great (Yeah, I even like Spyro's and Sparx's new designs).  The graphics were great too.  It's just the lack of Replay Value and being too short made not too good.  Overall, it's short, but worth trying.

The Best? Well, out of most Spyro's I've played, it is pretty good.  Here's a list just for the heck of it.

1.) Spyro: A Hero's Tail
2.) Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning
3.) Spyro: Year of the Dragon
4.) Spyro: Shadow Legacy
5.) Spyro: Ripto's Rage (Gateway to Glimmer)
6.) Spyro the Dragon
7.) Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly

I do hope Eternal Night is longer and has some more puzzles.  I'm sure it'll be good though.

#54 Aug 16, 2007 10:59 PM

SpyroxEmber
Website

I thought it was the best in a lot of aspects, but in length, no. I really wish it could've been longer and without all of the relentless monkey fighting.

The good stuff was the voice acting, the cinematics, the storyline as a whole, and the graphics. The combat moves and Fury moves were completely awesome, no doubt. And the ability to upgrade the breathes and get the best Fury. I loved using the best Furies.

The bad stuff was the length. It was way too short. And I think they could've added a lot of other enemies than they had. The majority was just loud, annoying monkeys. Also, they should've cut down on all the fighting and maybe throw in a few mini games or puzzles to make it more of a challenge.

But I do think it was the best, due to the storyline and definitely Sparx. tongue I can't wait for Eternal Night.

#55 Dec 05, 2007 8:11 AM

ratchet
Website

6.5/10
Why?
Gameplay-4/10
Gameplay is really boring, all you do is mash buttons, you dont need any tactics, you just defeat them and move on. THere is no difficulty, you hardly die seing you recharge your health easily with the gems your enemies spit out and find in "spirit crystals" you find everywhere... even if you die you go right back just where you were so it doesn't matter.
you have more than 3 methods of attack, flaming "magic" using different elementels which you can upgrade, the usual combat, cool fury moves and more. though seeing and using these moves are cool for a while, you will get bored soon, and just wish you could go and supercharge or play a minigame.
The boses are quite easy and dont require many tactics, if you die the boses go back to the start of their current health bar so there is nothing really to worry about.
Really, this is an untactical button mashing game... and its sinch.
There are also some quite easy puzzles but most of the time they just frustrate you and wish they are over.

Story-8/10
The story was the best part of this game.
Even though the big voice actor names didn't appeal that much, the cutscenes graphics are superb.
The actual story was avarage but it was nice how it gave it an epic feel though some ideas have already been used and sometimes we get sick of the whole thing being about "dragons" and "magic" and "darkness".
There are only a few cutscenes which are unskippable, most are skippible by L1.
Theres nothing else much to say about the story.

Control and camera-7/10
The Camera was fantasitc and was easy to control but the actual controls were a bit... messed.
Firstly, the breaths are square, in the originals it was circle, this just muddles things up.
charge is now R1 which sucks and heck, the charge is awful.
L1 is strafe except it isn't as good as say ratchet and clank but it will help you.
all the rest of the controls are reasonable.

Audio-7/10
THe music is nice but no way as catcy as the orginals, the monkey noises are annoying but most other sound affects are avarage but still a nice addition.
as said, the voice actors arn't anything special.

Length and Replay Value- 5/10
It was lucky to recieve a 5, this game is as short as my temper when i'm playing Mickey's wild adventure... You'll be extremely lucky to get more than 5 hours out of this game.
I finished it in 3 and well theres no "100&" because theres no collectables or skill points... the only thing you need to aim for is to fully upgrade your breaths.
So when you replay the game a second time, there is no challenge mode you just play and upgrade your breaths, yeah, fun.

Avarage-6.2, i'll round it up to 6.5 just for you!

#56 May 05, 2008 10:39 PM

CynderSlave165

Cynder Nazareth Deazevedo

#57 May 05, 2008 10:44 PM

CynderSlave165

Cynder Nazareth Deazevedo

#58 May 06, 2008 3:00 AM

TheManiacOnWheels

I loved it, but I thought TEN was better.

#59 May 06, 2008 4:34 AM

ratchet
Website

This IS An Old Topic but i have to say that ANB is Currently my 3rd least Favourite Spyro Game, Shadow Legacy And orange are Worse. Owell, thats all i have to say.

#60 May 08, 2008 1:45 AM

TheManiacOnWheels

Yeah, Shadow Legacy and Spyro Fusion weren't that great...but as I said before, I do like ANB. I guess I'm not as critical about the gameplay as a lot of people here. As long as I find some element of a game I like, then I'm fine with it.

#61 May 08, 2008 9:11 AM

spyromaster330

I like this game and it is way better then ETD and AHT but the 3 origanals are way better then this in my opinon

#62 May 08, 2008 8:23 PM

mimi
Gems: 10
Website

#63 May 09, 2008 5:10 AM

TheManiacOnWheels

#64 May 10, 2008 11:34 PM

Keby
Website

I just got this game, and there seems to be mixed reviews about it.  I am not expecting it to be great like when Insomniac was making Spyro games, but I hope its mildly good at least.  Can't wait to try it.

#65 May 11, 2008 7:15 AM

ratchet
Website

Deh ANB and TEN had the best graphics, they were released most recently lol.
I Like ANB's story, but i dont judge a Game by its story, because then it would just be a movie, not a game. ANB's gameplay was very simple and boring to me and thats why i didn't like it. But we all know that...

#66 May 11, 2008 10:51 AM

spyromaster330

I don't know why but i didnt find the gameplay boring at all. It just had somthing about it that made it fun.

#67 May 11, 2008 12:21 PM

ratchet
Website

I think ANB was a good stress reducer though, you could just smash smash smash your enemies.

#68 May 12, 2008 9:50 AM

TheManiacOnWheels

On that I agree with you smile

#69 May 23, 2008 1:30 AM

Keby
Website

Nah, I am sorry, but in my opinion the original Spyro trilogy is the best!  Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage (also known as Gateway to Glimmer!) rules!  I guess it is the best of the new "The Legend of Spyro" series though.

#70 Dec 15, 2008 7:39 AM

Firefly

I'd actually say yes. Like I loved the other games, but i'm just not much of a gamer anymore. Never really was hardcore into games, but back as a kid I oprolly liked them as much as the next guy. But now, I just play them for a bit of fun every now and then. this game was easy to get into and had a fun, unique gameplay. I liked the health bar element more than the one/two/three hit and they're dead villans.

I think it prolly is my fave, the others are fun too, but I just really enjoyed thsi one the most.

#71 Jan 23, 2011 12:19 AM

MaxwellTheScribblenaut
Gems: -17

I would say a bit of yes, and a bit of no. A Hero's Tail was pretty good, but the LoS Series was better in comparison...

Board footer