#1 May 17, 2009 2:09 AM

Jay Tanoshi
Gems: 0
Website

Was Jess Harnell THAT bad?

This is something I've been questioning for a while now, but lately, whenever there's a video or something about Spyro's voice in the game, it's rather negative.  Why though?  I mean, was it really that bad in the game? 

To be honest really, in my opinion,  I prefer this voice over Tom Kenny's (but then again, it's been two years since I heard Tom Kenny voice Spyro, so I might not remember much). 

I'm just trying to figure out what's wrong with Spyro's voice in the game.  Really, I don't see anything wrong.

Also, Jess Harnell has done a bunch of great voice acting over the history.  I don't see him doing bad with Spyro.  That's just me though. *shrugs*

#2 May 26, 2009 5:48 AM

Hurricos_McBreixo

Re: Was Jess Harnell THAT bad?

IMO, for me it's just that his voice sounds like it's trying too hard to get that sightly grating feel of the first spyro game.

In other words the voice doesn't sell.

#3 Aug 12, 2009 8:07 PM

Sora
Website

Yes. He's totally wrong to play Spyro.

#4 May 22, 2010 11:35 PM

riverhippo
Gems: 1,093

No, he wasn't that bad, but still the worst.

#5 May 31, 2010 3:55 PM

Clock-la
Birthday: 19 March

Was'nt THAT bad infact he was like the first spyro so i don't see anything wrong with it...

#6 Jun 16, 2010 6:58 AM

bacon

His voice kinda fit Spyro's sarcastic sense of humor in that game. I don't think it was bad it was just... different. Tom Kenny was my favorite by far. Although he sounded kind of weird in Enter the Dragonfly. As for Elijah Wood... uh... no. Wasn't working for me.

Board footer