Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#1 Apr 21, 2009 7:30 AM

chelvin
Gems: 0

The Future Guardians Roleplay

(OOC: If you wish to join this RP, please go to the Sign up Topic.)
A great celebration was being prepared, the streets were cleaned and the Temple was reconstucted. The moles had helped the Dragons hang the decorations in the temple courtyard where a statue of a guardian stood, carved in gold and red stone. The inscription at the bottom was visable to all that passed by, busy getting the celebration ready. It read; "When a dragon dies his spirit lives on, binding itself with nature, giving hope to the future"-Ignitus. Sure enough it was a statue of Ignitus, honoring him for his sacrifice and his guidance to Spyro. The remaining three guardians wished to honor him and built this statue, in rememberance of the great fire guardian. They then had Hunter search the land, looking for any other dragons that might have servived the Dark War with Malefor and to their surpise, hundreds of dragons had escape his wrath. The guardians sent messages to each of these hidden villages and within Warfang, looking for new guardians as the remaining guardians were now past their prime and saw it fit for a new generation of Guardians to take up the torch. And out of the three thousand or so dragons remaining, only a handful was put forward. Now everyone was getting ready for the celebration, the celebration was in honor of the acts of the purple dragon(Spyro) and the finding of the Canidates that only 4 of them would become the next guardians. There were a few hours remaining and everyone was now getting ready for the celebration. The attendants of the celebration (Which was pretty much everyone) had to wear cerimonal armor.

(OOC: Phew, okay I set the setting, right now it's just everyone getting ready for the celebration. Now I can RP as my character, you may use 3rd Person PoV or 1st Person PoV, it doesn't matter. I'll be using 3rd i think, I may change my mind later.)

Meanwhile in another part of the city, a young thunder dragon was also getting ready...with the help of his mother.

"M-Mum." Spark partly groaned as his mother attempted to tidy his crest using some water, however as most dragons knew, electricity and water doesn't mix well. But she was insistant on getting him looking perfect, and he personally thought no one could look perfect. Yet his mother was trying to prove him wrong.
"Stay still Sparky, I can't get you tidy if you keep figeting." She berated Spark for the 15th time in 2 hours. He cringed as she called him Sparky, he hated his mother's pet name for him, it was alright when he was 4, Spark didn't mind it then. But as he was now 13 it was just embaressing. Spark rolled his eyes as she attempted to further tidy his crest and horns.
"Come on mum, you can't get it any better than what it is now" he groaned again.
"Well, the Guardians will be there, and you want to make a good first impression, right?" she said, satitsfied with his crest and horns and started to clean my face in the typical motherly fashion (For anyone who doesn't know what this is, it's where your mother spits on a hankerchef or tissue and starts scrubing your face with it).
Spark's mother had gotten a scroll a few days ago, saying that the Guardians (Having spoken with his teacher) had chosen him as a Canidate for the Thunder Guardian. As proud as his mother was, she started to fuss with him as the celebration drew closer.
"Mum, get off" Spark whined as she attacked his face vigouriously to get the non-existant dirt off, and cutting off what he was going to say. She finally removed her paw, and examined his face. Satisfied she turned and left his room to help his little sister get ready.
"May the ancestors help her" Spark thought, his mother was more dangerious than a hundred dragons when she got like this, and wouldn't stop until she was satisfied with them. While it was true he wanted to make a good first impression, his mother did get carried away. He heard brief yelp coming from his sister's room, scratch that last thought, she got carried away like a leaf in a hurricane. He sighed as he looked at the armor his mother had brought for him. It was a gold-silver color, with a blue part on the small brestplate which matched his underplates and a helmet that concealed most of his face. There was also a back plate, two thin ankelets, two tail thin bands and a neck band, they had blue symbols on them.
'This is going to be a long day' Spark thought, as he heard his sister's protests in the background.

Some are born great, while others has greatness thrust apoun them. But it doesn't matter, as long as you follow your heart.

#2 Apr 21, 2009 9:21 AM

Dammig

Re: The Future Guardians Roleplay

(My turn ^^)
Somewhere on a plain near Warfang were two dragons.One of them was jumping and yelling from happines.
"I can't belive this!I'm invited!I'M INVITED!" yelled Josh excited.
"Yes i know but clam down 'bro'." said Max to his 'brother'.
The red dragon was already clean and was clening his black and red armor.The helmet was black with spikes and red symbols on it.The chest and back plate had a symbol of a dragon head.Also the tail guard and the bracelets had spikes and symbols on it.It was very beautiful for him.All around his armor were spikes.He was very proud about it.It was the only thing his father left for him.Soon he was already wearing it and was getting ready to fly off to Warfang.
"Isn't it too early?" asked Max.
"I don't think so.But i will miss you much." he said and hugged his brother.Then he took of for Warfang.The armor on him shone in the sun as he flew across the sky.

#3 Apr 21, 2009 9:24 AM

Phoenix_Flyer
Website

Celerity was walking towards the gates of Warfang. Her village hadn't been far away, but she was still pretty tired after walking all of the way. Ever since her Father, elder brother and all of the other males had one off to war, most of the armour had gone with them. She lived in a relatively old-fashioned society; males fought, females looked after the children. Luckily, times were changing and quite a few of the females did in fact have armour concealed from their husbands for occasions such as this (not that it mattered now that all the males had never returned).
Celerity had been given her mother's armour from when she was younger, it fit snugly but was quite heavy to Celerity, who was not used to it. The armour was a metallic dark purple, matching her horns and claws. She had inherited them from her mother, which made the armour look like it had been made for her, when in fact it had been made for her mother. All of the edges of each piece of armour were coated with gold, with delicate golden patterns throughout the entire thing, especially on the headpiece. The headpiece itself covered the top of her head only, and allowed her horns to protrude (her mother had spent two hours polishing them, so that they sparkled in the sunlight). The chestplate she wore had a gold thunderbolt in the centre of it, which had also been highly polished as the centrepice of the armour. Another part of the armour that rested on her hips, at the base of her tail, also had a gold thunderbolt on it, though smaller than the one on her chestplate. She had four anklets, one for each foot, which were patterned the same as her headpiece. Finally a tail band was about halfway down her tail, and was the same as her anklets.
Celerity approached the gate, completely awed by the size of everything around her. The guards on duty immediately flashed her through, to her relief, she didn't want to have to explin anythng in case she landed in trouble. She made a b-line straight towards the Temple, weaving through the crowds carefully so as not to snuff or scratch her armour. She entered the Temple and looked around, seeing if she could see any of the Guardians or the other Candidates.

#4 Apr 21, 2009 1:02 PM

Rurikredwolf
Birthday: 14 October
Website

An emerald dragoness approached the gates of Warfang, her heart beating eratically. Her name was Emerald...and was scared to death being in a random area alone. True, Spyro and Cynder won against Malefor, but that didn't change anything to her. She came from another, smaller city, so Warfang wasn't exactly something that was entirely new. Her mother and father lived near the outside, where the grass and plants grew. She felt a bit more comfortable around them....though that was cancled becuase of the armor she was wearing.

It was a darker green than her scales, and the main part covered her chest all the way down to her stomach. It also covered her back. It was incredibly heavy for her, and she doubted that she ever needed it, given that she has proven many times incapible to fight directly up close to others. That cost her dearly....but she shook her head and got rid of the memories. The symbol on her chest was a brown mountain, representing earth.

The neck peice was pretty standard. IT protected her neck, had a few earth-like spikes on the back, and was very smooth everywhere else. Her head, however, was almost covered in the armor. It had less amount of it under her jaws, allowing her to bite or even just open it to eat. Her jade/emerald eyes could be seen through the eye-holes. Also, it allowed her brown horns to be seen, as the armor allowed horn-holes.

Her ankle bracers had a canyon going around it, and were wrapped around all four of her limbs and halfway down her tail. These she wouldn't have minded wearing, but she had to wear the entire set. It had taken her ages trying to get it on, and a friend had to help her, as her parents were out. She knew that they were proud of her...even if they weren't there....

She stopped flying a mile before she hit Warfang so that she didn't embarass herself by crashing under the weight of the armor. Passing the guard, she headed to the temple, trying not to bump into anyone.

#5 Apr 21, 2009 2:41 PM

Gerpie

OOC: I'm not used to posting very long, but i'll give it a try ;D

IC:
A dark blue dragoness sat in front of a mirror, and looked at herself. “Am I really invited?” She asked that herself, again and again. “Yes right! I should hurry up, I don’t want to be late!” She laughed, and got to her room. She tried to find perfect armor, and found grey armor that her grandma was wearing when she was young. “Will this fit me?” She asked, and held one of the parts next to her. She wasn’t sure, but she was going to try it on anyways.

It took her pretty long to get it on. When she finally finished, she realized that she was pretty late. “I’m going to be late!” She shouted, and ran off. While she was running she noticed that her armor was pretty heavy, but she didn’t care. Her armor was made of iron plates, which where painted dark. You couldn’t see the armor on her back, because her scales were as dark as the armor. Her belly was lighter, and you could see the armor there. Her helmet covered most of her face, but her horns came out. You could see her dark red eyes. There were Blue spears on her helmet and bracelets. It was the symbol of their village. The armor was pretty old, but it wasn’t scratched or broken.

She saw Warfang when she stood on a hill.She looked at it.
Her village was small. Warfang was a lot bigger than her village. She ran to it, but when she came in sight she slowed down, and walked slowly past the guards. She walked slow in the city, and tried to get to the temple. After some time, she got there and walked in. She looked around, and saw others in front of her.

(This is my first time on posting long, so please don't blame me if it's bad)

#6 Apr 21, 2009 3:21 PM

chelvin

Spark looked in the mirror, he looked pretty good in this armor, well that was what he thought at least. Suddenly his mother burst into the room, his younger sister in tow. His mother was a wind dragon and unlike himself and his sister, she wore no armor, as she didn't wish to attend. Okay that was a lie, the true reason was that Spark didn't want her to come and after several hours arguing the day before, it was agreed that he could go without her as long as his sister was with him.
"Spark get down to the temple, or you'll be late" she said, surpising him. Spark thought that there was an hour left until the celebrations began, but knowing better than to argue with his mother he quickly ran outside, his sister (also a wind dragon) is close pursuit, telling him to slow down. Leaving their mother to shout after him.
"Look after Arssonia Spark!" she called and recieved a faint shout in responce. She walked back, with a large smile on her face and if anyone was to look closely a single tear fell from her cheek.
"My little Sparky's finally growing up" she said with pride.

Meanwhile closer to the temple, Spark was weaving in and out of other Dragons and Moles, with his sister right behind him. His armor was a lot heaver than he had thought, or maybe to was because he was running. Nevertheless he was determaned to get there before he was too late.
"Excuse me...Sorry!...Coming though" Spark said as he and his sister, Arssonia run through the crowd, trying not to dirty or scuff his armor.
At last they got to the Temple's courtyard. It was quite large, having a statue of one of the former guardians in it's center and decorations all over the courtyard. Many dragons where there already, it seemed it had started but he was luckly not too late. He sighed in relief and waked into the courtyard. By now the courtyard was full of activity, and after losing his sister in the crowds when she found some of her many friends. A large Green Dragon wearing bronze armor walked down the steps slowly, flanked by a large yellow dragon in blue and gold armor, much like Spark's own and a large blue dragon in silver armor. The large green dragon apparoched the balcony that lead to the temple and had two stairs curving towards it from the courtyard before going straight to the temple from the round balcony. He signaled for silence, and the crowd silenced, the dragon then straightened himself and began to speak in a rock deep voice.
"Welcome one and all to this celebration, as all of you know this is to celebrate two things. First our victory over Malefor, the Dark Master which would have been impossible with the help of the purple dragon and his friends." There was a cheer that came from the crowds then, the dragon waited paitently for the noice to calm down and when it had continued.
"And secondly to celebrate the finding of the many canidates, that may one day take our place as the Guardians" there was a lesser cheer for this sentance and once again the dragon waited for silence.
"Now Volteer shall call up the Canidates, one at a time if he can" this statement caused a small chuckle to brake out amoung the crowd and a scowl from the yellow dragon on the balcony, before standing aside as the yellow dragon took his place.
"When your name is called please engage leg movement up to the overhanging stucture" he said quickly in an energetic voice, causing some of the dimmer dragons to scratch their heads. The blue dragon quickly butted in.
"What dear Volteer is trying to say is that when he calls your name, you may proced up to this balcony" He said, earning another glance from the yellow dragon before he started to call their names.

Some are born great, while others has greatness thrust apoun them. But it doesn't matter, as long as you follow your heart.

#7 Apr 21, 2009 3:22 PM

Phoenix_Flyer
Website

Celerity noticed another Dragon enter the Temple, a dark blue one, and was pretty much relieved when she saw her. She had been at the Temple for a quarter of an hour and was worried that she was in the wrong place. She walked over and smiled at the newcomer, glad to have someone to talk to.

"Am I ever glad you've shown up, I was worried that I was in the wrong place! The name's Celerity by the way, I'm one of the candidates for the Electicity Guardian." Celerity said chirpily.

#8 Apr 21, 2009 3:29 PM

Rurikredwolf
Website

Emerald cautiously walked into the temple, not sure if she was in the right place. She was told that it was here...but she didn't see anyone. "Hello?" she asked a bit timidly, as if she was afraid to use her voice. She couldn't describe the emotions she was feeling. Then, she realized that yelling hello in an unknown area was a good way to get killed.

#9 Apr 21, 2009 3:35 PM

Phoenix_Flyer
Website

By now other Candidates had arrived, but Celerity still managed to hear Emerald enter.

"Hi there! Come over here quick! They're calling out our names to introduce us to everyone!"

#10 Apr 21, 2009 3:38 PM

Rurikredwolf
Website

Emerald almost jumped out of her skin, but went over to Celerity.

#11 Apr 21, 2009 3:47 PM

chelvin

(OOC: Wow, loads of replies today, I just started this Roleplay this morning XD. As a side note, I will have Volteer call out several more dragons than we have Rpers just in case others join in later.)
Spark managed to get into the temple just now and saw three dragons already inside. The first was a yellow dragoness in dark purple and gold armor, the second was a green dragoness in dark green armor which were darker than her scales, and the Third was a dark blue dragoness waering black armor. Spark felt his nerves start to get to him, he got nervous very easily when talking to girls, he had always been like that, unlike his sister who was ten times more conferdent than he was. He took in a deep breath and walked up to them.
"H-hi" He managed to stammer out, he had to admit, the dragonesses were pretty and the thought made him blush in embrassment. As the Electric Guardian started to call out the names, and once again his nerves was getting the better of him and he was starting to become extremely nervious.

#12 Apr 21, 2009 3:50 PM

Gerpie

OOC: erhm Shy is next to them ;D

“Ow, hello there. My name is Shy. Is this the right place to come to? I’m one of the candidates for the ice guardian.” She sighed in relief, when she found out she was in the right place. She noticed other dragons enter, and heard Celerity. “Are they going to call us by names? What do we do if we get called?” She looked confused, and looked up at the balcony.

#13 Apr 21, 2009 4:05 PM

Rurikredwolf
Website

Emerald was visibly frightened by everyoen around her, but she tried to calm herself. "Hello." she responded timidly in reply. She cursed her shyness, but at least she was trying. Trying was all that counted. That's what her mother and father always said...even a few of her friends used that saying. So why shouldn't she?

#14 Apr 21, 2009 5:04 PM

Gerpie

“Hello there.” Shy looked at Emerald, and tilted her head.  She turned over to Spark. “Hello there, and who might you be?” She grinned, and heard they started to say names in she got a little bit exited. “Will they call my name too?” She thought, and looked up.

#15 Apr 21, 2009 5:10 PM

chelvin

Spark heard Shy ask for his name, he looked a the ground again, blushing slightly out of nerviousness and enbrassment. He fianlly found his voice again.
"I-I'm Sp-Spark, I'm a canidate for the E-Electric Guardian" he stammered with the speed that rivaled Volteer's nerviously to her, he had no courage when it came to girls. And it showed, he looked back down at the ground again, tracing a circle with one of his claws.

#16 Apr 21, 2009 5:17 PM

Rurikredwolf
Website

As they were intoducing themselves, Emerald saw that it was time that she revealed her name. "My name is...Emerald. I'm...ummm...a canidite for the earth dragon guardian..." she said a bit quiter than she wanted to. She only hoped that the others could hear her.

#17 Apr 21, 2009 5:19 PM

Kjakings

Karnak idly watched the precedings below, his sapphire and gold armour glinting in the sunlight. He had levitated himself up here on the roof directly above the great temple doors, the best seats in the entire place. Some other people had asked him to levitate them up there too, and he had done it while watching the ceremony. He had done it because he could, but a few insisted on paying him anyway since flight was forbidden during the ceremony and that was the only way to get up to the roof-top.

#18 Apr 21, 2009 5:21 PM

Gerpie

“Spark? I see, Nice to meet you then. I’m Shy and I’m one of the Ice guardian candidates. Well if you’re one of the Electric candidates, then I’ll wish you luck.” She smiled at him, but saw he was looking at the ground. “Is everything alright?” She asked curiously.

#19 Apr 21, 2009 5:28 PM

chelvin

He heard a faint voice come from the green dragon, introducing herself as Emerald. Then Shy asked him if everything is alright, Spark just remained silent for a while then he managed to speak again.
"I-It just that I'm nervious, really really nervious" he replied quickly, glancing at her shyly and then looked back down, unsure of himself and extremely nervious, more so that before if that was possible.

#20 Apr 21, 2009 5:40 PM

Rurikredwolf
Website

Emerald let out a sigh of relief. She wasn't the only one nervious and shy. Maybe she could interact with them a bit more... "So am I...." Emerald interjected.

#21 Apr 21, 2009 5:43 PM

Aceedwin

Mull finished sizing up the temple for escape routes, potential ambush points, places to hide, and traps. She felt the earth. There were quite a few characters in there, but they were mostly in one position. And there were no drastic movements. It seemed safe enough... Mull sighed gently and proceeded up the stairs into the hall where they seemed to be gathered. Interesting. Must remember, the dragons here are of a high standard. If enemies were to infiltrate with the intent of attack, they would have to be of extreme ability. They probably would attack through the use of traps, such as-

Mull gasped and felt the floor again. No, no traps... It just felt really easy. So easy. Hmph. She felt slightly dissatisfied.

#22 Apr 21, 2009 5:46 PM

Dammig

A red dragon rush into the temple and trough the crowd yelling
"Sorry late guy passing through."and he thought 'I knew i have shouldn't stopped to watch the ants.' When finaly he got in front he saw that the guardians were already started the ceremony.When he looked right he saw a group of dragons and went over to them.
"Hia there.You are the candidates right?I'm the candidates for the next Fire Guardian.Anyways what have i missed?" he said on a friendly voice.

#23 Apr 21, 2009 5:53 PM

Gerpie

Shy saw the red dragon rushing in, and he headed towards them. “Yes, we are candidates, And you’re just in time. The guardians are going to introduce us. If you hear your name, go up and introduce yourself.” She sighed. “I know how it feels to be nervous. But at the moment I’m just excited.” She smiled, and looked around the group. “So if we are all candidates, lets wish each other luck!” She grinned, and waited for their replies.

#24 Apr 21, 2009 6:07 PM

Phoenix_Flyer
Website

"I agree, good luck everyone!" Celerity said with a smile. As her name was high up on the alphabet Celerity's name was called out first. She bounded up the stairs two at a time and stood next to Volteer.

#25 Apr 21, 2009 6:08 PM

Dammig

Josh looked at the dragoness.(Shy)
"By the way I'm Josh and there is only one bad thing about this.I'm really sleepy.Didn't slept well last night from the excitment."
He said and looked at the guardians.
"Hey!Where's the Fire guy?" he asked confused.

Board footer