Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#1 Apr 14, 2009 8:46 PM

~cornys~
Gems: 0

Post Deletion rather than Locking

I have been noticing may topics being locked due to an increacing amount of the same type posts by the same person.. Publicly I will not say who it is but I sugjest that posts be deleted and the poster suspended for a day or something and allowing the topic to continue with out them.. or disallowing that person to post on that topic... Thanks

If tomorrow may never come, and yesterday is just a memory, then what is today worth?

-Cameron (Cornys) Corns

#2 Apr 15, 2009 4:52 PM

Stormy
Administrator
Award: Admin
Gems: 540
Birthday: 3 April
Website

Re: Post Deletion rather than Locking

We can't do anything if we don't know what you're talking about. If you report the posts, we can take a look at them and see what needs to be done.

#3 Apr 15, 2009 8:07 PM

~cornys~

Well I mean like the Easter thread that was locked because of the person who was trying to satrt an argument.... or was that just because the whole topic was about Christianity?

That's the only example I know off of the top of my head that I remeber but I have noticed such things done before manny a time.

If tomorrow may never come, and yesterday is just a memory, then what is today worth?

-Cameron (Cornys) Corns

#4 Apr 15, 2009 8:54 PM

Spyrorocks
Administrator
Award: Admin
Gems: 4
Website

Most topics are locked rather than deleted so we can keep an archive of old topics and to show the topic starter why it was locked.

#5 Apr 15, 2009 10:52 PM

~cornys~

oh... that was not what I was intending to sugjest actually.... I was refering to deleting the individual posts rather than locking (or deleting) the topic.... That was confusing on my part and I'm sorry.

Sorry I have a hard time explaining myself like that some times

-Cameron (Cornys) Corns

#6 Jun 14, 2009 1:07 AM

Hurricos_McBreixo

I must concur with ~Cornys~, as I recall in one topic someone said something about taking care of or dealing with a mod in their post, and the mod that was mentioned locked the topic for that, which I believe was immature of them to do so.

#7 Jun 14, 2009 9:59 AM

ontels

I agree as well, just because one person posts something bad doesn't mean the whole topic should suffer.

wink

#8 Jun 14, 2009 11:12 AM

ember_da_dragon
Birthday: 16 January

i also agree but ontels stole what i was going to say XD

#9 Jun 16, 2009 2:42 AM

~cornys~

Yeah... Delete the post and warn the user or let them know what happened.... I'm sure it is tough being a mod. though... I'm glad that I don't have to deal with it myself.

-Cameron (Cornys) Corns

#10 Jun 16, 2009 3:07 AM

RedDragonX
Website

That is primarily what moderators will do. All users who post inappropriate or unwanted content in their posts are warned first, except if the content is a huge violation of the rules. Warnings are issued first before anything is done but yes sometimes topics are locked prematurely because of one poster. This is something that we as mods will strive to accomplish so that everything remains fair and balanced for the users smile

Board footer