Hardest enemy in DOTD :O

...;<Halley3...

Then im with you...
   I Love you<3

#2 Apr 09, 2009 12:31 AM

KaleDragonFan93
Gems: 0

Re: Hardest enemy in DOTD :O

Yeah the golem was kinda difficult, but I didn't find malefor particularly easy.  I often forget the order of the buttons for those "interactive cutscenes" which often meant losing. XD

but the hardest enemy I would say is the elite in the valley of avalar.  He hurts a lot sometimes.

#3 Apr 09, 2009 12:54 AM

Luke Danger

The things that really got me were those giants in the Burned Lands, those things were walking fortresses. They could dish out damage a lot faster than I could get healing or dodge, and they had redick HP. Thinking about it, anything other than Grublins had redick HP for their size, other than the giant unarmed smashing things, like the one that tried to crush Hunter in Warfang.

#4 Apr 09, 2009 1:18 AM

IceFlame1019
Website

I found the Elite in the burned lands to be the hardest enemy because of his stupidly insane defense and attack, but I also found an easy way to kill him; dunno if it's PS2-only, but there's a hidden line on the ground that you have to pass in order for him to pop up out of the ground.  However, that line is also beyond his "range"--he can only go so far on the map before ducking back into the ground.  While standing there, he looped without ever hitting me.  Good thing too, I was way too low on health and energy to fight him, so I just let Cynder's mana regen take its time and then poisoned him each time he came within range xD  took about half an hour ._.

The only other enemy I had a really hard time with was the final stage of the golem in Warfang.  IRL I have fast reflexes, but in videogames, unless I know what's coming, I miss it, so the buttons were too fast for me to react properly and I ended up dying about 20 times because I kept messing them up or missing them ><  either that or I'd accidentally dodge right into one of his attacks and get killed.  That fight was just cruel >>

#5 Apr 09, 2009 1:22 AM

TornWings

Elites in general, I'd often be too direct in my attacks and get nailed by their special moves.

Oh great, my lighthouse is on fire again, be right back...

#6 Apr 09, 2009 1:54 AM

36IStillLikeSpyro36
Award: Globmod
Gems: -4,018
Website

for me, the hardest is the elite enemy in Burned Lands. the attack power is insane, and it took forever to beat.

#7 Apr 09, 2009 4:12 AM

finlandspyrofan

Golem in warfang.i played it with my little brother.*bleep* we died so many times smile

Mmmmmm.....cooked Ripto...

#8 Apr 10, 2009 9:37 PM

Nightfall
Birthday: 26 August
Website

The golem drove me insane the first time I played DotD. What made it worse was the fact that the health and mana crystals were, like, right next to the golem's head.  mad So whenever I needed to go up there (only in the most desperate times i.e. when Spyro and Cynder were both 1 hit away from dying) I was smacked and killed straight away.

The elite enemies were quite hard at times, simply because they took off chunks of health every time they hit you.

Malefor... yeah I had my fair share of deaths, but I don't think he was as hard as the golem.

#9 Apr 12, 2009 10:56 AM

DanteAndVergil
Birthday: 4 April

Hmm I'm not entirely sure, if I had to choose then I would choose the elite enemies. As for the Golem hmm I found him quite easy, Malefor was average for a final boss I had a few deaths at first but now he is easy tongue

#10 Apr 14, 2009 5:34 PM

x-Cynder's_Complexity-x

I was disappointed with how easy Malefor was. It only took me three turns to defeat him... In single player mode, anyway. When I played with my brother, it took us about one hundred turns - and, no, I'm not exaggerating. mad  By then, I felt ready to get a sledgehammer and wham it on the television screen; I stopped myself from doing so in the end, however.

I find all of the elites very easy, so long as you have a fury available. If you don't, then I just try and escape quickly.  roll

The golem was murder. He was, without a doubt, the hardest.

#11 Apr 20, 2009 8:57 PM

Dammig

Malefore was pretty easy.Only the elite on the second level and the scond elite on the Floauting Islands gave me troubles.But the one on the burned lands was a little hard too.

#12 Apr 22, 2009 2:46 PM

spyroNcynder
Website

None of them were hard for me, but if I was playing with my little brother he die almost every time. But alone I killed them fast and stealthy, but to kill Malafor with out dieing that was indeed the hardest part of the game if you don't cheat.

#13 Apr 24, 2009 1:39 PM

PYROX
Gems: 60
Website

Omg..yeh..the Elite Enemy in the Burned Lands O.o
Especially...if it only can be hurt with the Electric element...

#14 Apr 24, 2009 5:24 PM

Cynder7
Gems: -90
Birthday: 19 December
Website

Elites are pretty hard but if you use the darkness power you finish them off in like less than a minute..-.-
Anyway,I think that golem was kinda hard..have to get up to the head fast enough so you have some time left to attack it,otherwise it blows you off..-.-  It was pretty annoying in the beginning since I had no idea what to do..Or when you wanna fill up your mana again and try to go to the mana gem to refill,he blows/squashes you(I don't remember which of the two it does since I've only done that level once and haven't bothered with it again -.-)...Anyway..I also found that place in Burned Lands where you get closed in with those two stupid yellow monsters and have to defeat them without even being able to get a little refill..

o_O  Long reply..Anyway..:P

#15 Apr 26, 2009 3:21 AM

RedDragonX
Website

Too be honest all the bosses in the game were kind of a joke. All the elite enemies you could destroy in about 10 seconds with a fury attack if it was available to you...and the Golum and Malefor were way too easy for me.....the hardest was prolly the two Ogres you had to fight at the same time in the confined space...I know that's not a boss battle but still pretty close.

#16 Apr 26, 2009 10:23 AM

Black Shadow
Banned

Golem was rather easy to me. Malefor was the hard one for me.

#17 Apr 26, 2009 8:11 PM

RedDragonX
Website

Malefor was too predictable. All you had to do was dodge one attack that took about 15 seconds to launch anyways and then hit him with a tornado...that about did it.

#18 Jun 24, 2009 10:50 PM

Andy123

yeah I was really disapointed with da dark master. I beat him with one death and that was because of the stupid button pressing scenes.   
I really expected an imposible boss harder than the ape king in eternal night               

Ps I though Mr. Ape king was hard

Atra esterni ono theluin. Atra gulia un ilian tauthr ono un atra ono waise sholiro fra rauthr. Orothrim malthinae ono.

#19 Jun 26, 2009 5:11 AM

Kipeci

All of the bosses were jokes.  There was no reason to lose any health whatsoever in the golem fight, his attacks were so predictable and there are safe areas even in the final round. (Try back center.)  Malefor was ridiculously easy, the only time he killed me was when I failed a button sequence, but even that had no consequences because they just started the last round over again.

The only enemy that was challenging to destroy was the Elite in the Valley of Avalar, and that killed me many times before I got lucky.  Then again, that's at one of your weakest points in the game.

For any enemy in the later game, if you're having trouble, all you need to do is equip both offensive sets fully and you'll be getting helaed and obtaining mana just by being near an enemy, keeps me at nearly fully health.

All of my eggs have died.
... Good thing I have recipes for this.

#20 Jul 01, 2009 8:29 PM

grievous16

o_O    Speak for yourself. I am a little slow so to some Malefor was predictable, to others he wasn't so. I am one of those who can't predict Malefor's moves, just guess and hope for the best. :-|

One day the unreal shall be real, the fallen shall rise, and the nightmares shall become a reality. Those who follow shall earn life eternal. Those who don't shall die. The rising of the Dark Lord shall be humanity's undoing. All hail the Dark Lord of the Sith.

#21 Jul 02, 2009 1:10 AM

Sethisto

I think the only elite I had trouble with is the golem in BL.  For some reason his fight kept resetting for me.  I did die to the first elite once or twice my first time through just because I didn't know the controls though.  The normal bosses in this game were pretty ridiculously easy.. but It's all good, they still felt epic.

#22 Jul 02, 2009 7:01 PM

EricChristianOlsenFanatic
Birthday: 1 November

Hardest boss for me was The Golem cause his attacks were very hard to avoid sometimes. I know this isn't a boss in the game, but does anyone else hate those Hero Grublin things? I can't stand them, they kept killing me constantly no matter how hard I tried to avoid them.

I have changed my username from Justin Long Fanatic to EricChristianOlsenFanatic, so Justin Long Fanatic is my old name on this site, and EricChristianOlsenFanatic is my new one.

#23 Jul 02, 2009 7:21 PM

shadowsfall
Website

I found that...elefent looking thing hard to beat. you first see him at the enchanted forest. he can summon that purple attach thing on you that surrounds him. yeah he was very annoying to me.

#24 Jul 02, 2009 10:30 PM

EricChristianOlsenFanatic
Birthday: 1 November

That's exactly what I found hard to beat shadowsfall. They're called Hero Grublins, but I always call them elephants for short...lol Yeah those things could only die if you had fury cause every other attack I used failed.

I have changed my username from Justin Long Fanatic to EricChristianOlsenFanatic, so Justin Long Fanatic is my old name on this site, and EricChristianOlsenFanatic is my new one.

#25 Jul 03, 2009 11:21 PM

nintendofreak
Gems: 40
Website

....Oh yeah forgot i hate those hero grublims they are freaking anoying when you don't use electricity or shadow
they're the only enemy i HATE more than elites

Board footer