Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#1 Mar 17, 2009 10:35 PM

Aduro
Gems: 0

Shadows Before the Dawn

OKay, below is the first three Chapters of my story, Shadows Before the Dawn, Chapters Four and Five contain Mature content, So I cannot Post them, if you want to read chapters four and Five, check it out on either Deviantart, or Fanfiction.net
----- ------
Shadows Before the Dawn Chapter 1: The future has changed
Slowly, she awoke from her slumber, her body very weak, she was lying on a soft surface, her eyes opened very slowly, and her injuries were fairly severe. Which is why the black dragoness was wrapped in bandages, it was a complete mystery to her how she ended up like this, and her muscles were weak, and her body itself felt extremely weak, her power. Gone.
She raised her head slowly, and groaned “Where a-am I?” she asked, there was no response, her voice echoed in the room, she was alone. That only lasted a second though, when she heard the door open, which caused her to take a sharp look over to the door, a purple dragon enters the room.
When he entered the room, he held a small blanket in his maw, his violet eyes met her gaze, at first Cynder was calm, Spyro being very precautious, set the blanket down near the black dragoness, and then spoke out “Hey…” that was the only word he could get out before she hissed at him.
“You!” She hissed in a dark tone, but when she tried to move, the black dragoness winces in pain, and let out a loud yelp from it “*bleep*…” She said, as she collapsed back on the bed.
Spyro frowned slightly at her reaction towards him, he wondered what hurt him more, the fact that she still ached, or the fact that she still held her dark past. Nevertheless he came closer to the dragoness, he held the blanket in his paws, and he tried to place it on her with his paw.
“Rest, you are still injured” He said, she growled at him as he moved closer however, “Get away from me, you purple pest!” She hissed at him and swiped her claws at the purple dragon as a warning.
Spyro snapped back as she swung, her claw clipped his forearm though, and instantly drew blood from the male, but the poor black dragoness cringed from the pain of her movements, and collapsed completely on the bed with a sigh.
“I can’t believe I lost to this whelp…” she muttered under her breath, the purple dragon, frowned again at the dragoness. ‘I saved her from a horrible fate’ he thought ‘why would she deny it’ the purple dragon backed away, and tried to bring a wide smile across his face.
“I’ll be right back, Cynder” he said “I’m going to get you something to eat”
She groaned again, it had been quite a while since she had eaten, mainly because her master wouldn’t let her until she killed Spyro, but then again, her master had always tortured her, and not cared about her in the least. ‘maybe this isn’t as bad as I thought’  she thought to herself, however, she was annoyed at the fact that this purple dragon, the one that defeated her is the one showing her sympathy.
The purple dragon had only left for a brief moment, before returning to the room with a small bowl in his mouth, it seemed as though he was holding it outside the door. Spyro wobbled back and forth trying not to spill the contents of the bowl. It seemed like some sort of soup. He reached the dragoness’s side again, and placed the bowl down. Not too appetizing or anything, it was a simple meal. “I made this for you,” he commented as he slowly brought the bowl closer to her.
She looked at the liquid, the smell of the food reached her nose, and it caused her mouth to water. The black dragoness felt the sheer emptiness of her stomach. It was at this moment that something embarrassing happened, her stomach growled. This caused her face to grow a light red tinge to it; the dragoness ignored her stomach for the moment.
“Why are you helping me?” She asked the purple dragon “I’m the one who caused you so much pain…” she trailed off in her words.
“I don’t know” The dragon responded honestly. He looked down and brought his paw to the new wound that he held. He cringed when he touched it; the wound was fairly deep for a snap. “I guess I just didn’t think you deserved that fate” he said, his eyes still locked on the injury.
For the first time, however, Cynder felt something within her, remorse. As she looked at the wound she inflicted upon him “I’m sorry” She said to the purple dragon, before looking away “It would have been better if you let me die though…”
The dragon snapped out of his daze “No” he said with a more serious tone, and a serious look on his face. “Death is not anything anyone should wish. Not even you, Cynder” the purple dragon frowned, slightly concerned by her attitude.
The black dragoness sighed before she spoke again, “No, it would have been better for everyone if I was dead…” she paused for a moment “after all that I’ve done, even my master tried to kill me…” after she finished speaking, she sighed again.
Spyro raised an eye ridge, wondering why she would say such stupid things. He looked down at the soup in the bowl, the perfect chance for a change of topic. “Eat” he said in an almost commanding voice. “It will get cold”
She looked at him, her eyes narrowed, “Why should I?” She asked with hints of anger in her voice, as she tried to resist her own hunger “You can’t order me around!”
The purple dragon looked down on the hard floor aside him “I know I can’t” he responded, as he began to draw small circles with his paw. “I just think you should,” he continued “you look hungry” true to his word, she was indeed very hungry, starving, in fact, her body was extremely thin, her ribs were visible. Indeed she was very weak to boot.
She laughed at his words “Why don’t you finish what you started, stop humiliating me, and kill me already!” she shouted at the purple dragon.
Spyro took a step back as she shouted these harsh words. He frowned. “No,” he stated “I won’t kill you, I don’t want to.”
The black dragoness rose her head again, and tried to stand up on the bed, but this time, her body refused to respond. She couldn’t even move her legs, her body refused to move at all, no matter how hard she tried. Cynder, now unhappy, lowered her head back on the bed. She felt something move down her face, it was warm. Her tears, out of the many times she had cried in her life, this was the first time she cried in front of someone else.
The purple dragon frowned deeper as she began to cry. Instinctively the purple dragon came closer to her and licked the tear off. He wondered how she would react to this. “Don’t cry,” he said, as he looked towards the food at his side. He reached for it with his paw. “Do you need me to feed you?” he asked
Cynder felt the contact of his tongue on her scales, at this new contact, she shuddered “Why are you being so nice to me, Dragon?” she asked, still refusing to say his name.
At this question, the dragon was at first lost, but then he realized something “Because, it’s about time for someone to be nice to you,” he finally answered, this time the answer was better “And I don’t mind doing it.”
The tears continued to fall from her eyes when she heard these words; she felt a warming sensation across her body. “y-you…Don’t?” she sobbed out the question, and for the first time, two words that she’d never thought she would ever say in her life, crossed her lips, “T-thank y-you.”
Spyro smiled very warmly at her, something she had never seen. He then looked at the food next to him again, and then back at the dragoness, and tilted his head slightly “you seem really hurt, do you mind if I feed you?” he asked.
She sobbed quietly, and attempted to dry her tears, at this point, she was feeling a bit better, knowing that someone did care about her. “That…would…be…nice” she responded.
The purple dragon nodded as he heard her words, his smile grew even larger than before. He went to the food aside him and quickly brought his muzzle down into it, and sipped a bit of the liquid into his mouth. Holding it in his mouth, he moved closer to the dragoness, and without consideration, he brought his mouth to hers. With lips touching, he let the warm liquid into her mouth. Feeding her like he remembered his step-mother feeding Sparx before. He guessed it was okay, and the normal way for dragons too.
Her eyes opened wide at the contact, but almost immediately she felt the warm fluid move down her throat, filling her empty stomach. What really got her though, was, that he kissed her, once all the liquid had moved down her throat, she broke the contact, her eyes still wide with shock.
“D-did you j-just kiss me?!” she asks in a surprised tone.
The purple dragon raised an eye ridge, unsure and naïve, “umm…well, I’m just feeding you” he commented, blushing softly.
At his comment, she blushed very brightly, “Uhhh… I was thinking that you would just hold the bowl up to me…” she said “not kiss me…” she remembered the moment very vividly, the feeling of their lips pressing together, she enjoyed it for some reason.
-------- ---------
Meanwhile, in another part of the temple, a sealed and well hidden portion of the temple, the four elemental dragon guardians, Terrador, Cyril, Volterr, and Ignitus walked up to these large twin doors.
“Ignitus, Why are we here?” Cyril asked with curiosity, the red dragon remained silent however, which caused him to ask another question “Where are we?”
The fire guardian turns to the other three, “We are going to see the Monk” he responded, this rose another flag, and caused them to wonder who it was, but all too soon their questions were answered, when the sealed twin doors opened themselves to the guardians, and a voice rung out in the room.
“Ignitus” it said, a male voice, but not dragon, it seemed more of an older voice, much older. “Why have you brought the other guardians?” it asked.
“Aduro, we came to talk to you about…” he was unable to finish when the voice rung out again “I know why you are all here, you want to talk to me about Cynder.” Out from behind a curtain, which had a bed behind it, walked a fox, the fox had his eyes closed, and he appeared to be fairly old, his clothes were those of a monk indeed. To boot, he leaned on a staff about his size.
“I know exactly why you have brought the other guardians here too…” he said, as he opened his eyes, they were pale, absolutely lifeless. Truth to everyone, he’s blind.
“Ignitus, why have you taken us to see this blind monk?” the earth guardian asked, but his question was short lived, the monk had heard him.
“Terrador, if I wanted, I could easily overcome you” he stated in a calm manor, before he limped across the room and sat down in the center in the lotus position, preparing his meditation.
“Ignitus, you’ve come here because the future I foretold, and the pool of visions were inaccurate, I presume” the monk said, before he rested his staff aside.
“Yes, Cynder was supposed to die after Spyro defeated her…” he responded to the monk’s words, this caused the other three guardians to turn their attention to him.
“Well, Ignitus…the future has changed again, it changed when Spyro made the choice to save her, his heart told him to do as such” he stated, Aduro’s voice never changed in its tone throughout the conversation, it remained in the same monotone. “Now, I have foreseen something that I cannot tell you, for you will make an attempt to stop it…” he continued “and soon, Malefor will return, very soon, but, as we know, he can be stopped, if the events play out as they’re suppose to, then everything will be fine…”

#2 Mar 17, 2009 10:37 PM

Aduro

Re: Shadows Before the Dawn

Chapter 2: Comfort
The purple dragon looked back down at the bowl, and blushed again; “well…” he said “That is how I remember you feed others.” Nevertheless he reached for the bowl, and with his paw, he slowly lifts it, being careful. He brought it close to her mouth. Wondering how the best way he could do this was.
She shrugged his words off, when the bowl was close to her, she began to lap up the warm liquid, savoring the flavor. “T-this is good…Did you make it?” she asked the purple dragon, while she drank the liquid.
“Yeah,” he responded. The bowl in his paw slipped a little. Holding it this way was very difficult. He quickly placed it down, and looked at it. “It’s sort of hard to hold it that way,” he commented “I think the best way is…” he stopped for a moment, waiting for her answer.
When the bowl was moved away from the black dragoness, it hurt her inside. That was her first real meal in a month, excluding the scraps of food she was able to scrounge up to survive, but that wasn’t enough to satisfy her hunger for very long. “And what would that be, Spyro?” she said, as she began to warm up to the purple dragon.
“I have to do it the other way,” he finished, blushing.
She blushed when she heard this, but nodded “okay…” she said “go ahead…” she trailed off.
The purple dragon nodded quickly, goes back down to the bowl, and takes a bit of the soup into his maw. Once he did that, he moved over to her mouth. Slowly Spyro pressed his lips to hers at that moment. Letting the food go, strangely he felt right doing it. His heart pounded harder than before. The purple dragon wondered, still not sure what this feeling was.
Cynder moaned quietly at the contact, and felt her heart skip a beat, still, the food moved down her throat and into her stomach. Once she felt her stomach was full, she pulled away from the purple dragon, and licked her lips. However, she felt uneasy being in a new, unfamiliar location, “Ummm….. C-could you stay in here a couple of nights, please?” she asked the purple dragon, hesitantly.
At first the purple dragon didn’t listen, and looked down at the bowl. He noticed that it was empty yet; he went back up and brought his lips to hers. It was not until he felt that he could not give her any food, that he noticed his mistake. He pulled away; blushing very deeply, “oops…” he said “no more food.”
Her eyes narrowed at Spyro, but she enjoyed the contact nonetheless. “It’s okay…” she paused for a moment “but could you please stay in here with me” she stared at the purple dragon, tears begun to well up in her eyes again “p-please, I don’t want to be alone anymore…” she said, as a few small tears fell from her eyes.
The purple dragon nodded, agreeing. “Of course I will stay here,” he said “you need someone that can care for you, that’s why I’m here” When he heard this, Cynder’s face lit up, and for the first time, she smiled.
“Thank you, Spyro…” She said to him, briefly, a thought crossed her mind ‘do I like him?’  She asked herself
The purple dragon smiled back “You’re welcome” he returned in a sweet coo.
She grinned strangely as another thought crossed her mind “C-could you s-sleep with me?” she asked nervously,
Spyro raised an eye ridge, but agreed. “Yeah, I thought I would anyways.”
She blushed when she realized her words, “I meant next to me…” She corrected herself.
Spyro blinked several times, unsure why she suddenly changed moods. Bah, he didn’t understand females much anyways. The purple dragon nodded, “Sure, I’ll rest aside you” he stood up, and walked to her side, there he laid down, getting comfy in his spot.
Once he was next to her, she moved slightly closer to the purple dragon. At first Cynder looked at the wound that she had inflicted upon him earlier. “I’m sorry for that wound, Spyro…” she said, seconds after she said that however, a thought crossed her mind, ‘Spyro is my master now, since he save me.’
“I-is there anything I can do to apologize for anything I’ve done to you in the past…Master?” she asked
That last word she spoke caused the dragon to raise his eye ridge even higher “Master?” the purple dragon asked.
She leaned up against him, and tears began to fall from her eyes again, “You’re my master now, I’d do anything for you…” she responded, while she sobbed quietly.
Spyro frowned upon her. Was this the only way she could see others? The purple dragon shook his head slowly. “No, I’m not your master.” He cleared out. “I freed you from slavery, Cynder. You are free.”
She groaned, “Yes you are…” she paused for a moment “You freed me from my former master, and now, you’re my master.”
“No, no,” Spyro said again as he shook his head again. “You are your own master now.” He continued “You do what you want.” The purple dragon smiled, hoping she understood in the way he tried to explain it.
She smiled when she heard this, relieved that she didn’t have to serve anyone anymore, but still, she wanted to repay him for all of his kindness. “I’d still do anything for you, Spyro…” she said, while she unknowingly nuzzled him.
Spyro, still young at heart, smiled. “Thanks,” he said, cheerfully. “I guess…” he glanced to his side, wondering why her words seemed to come so deep from her.
“How can I repay your kindness?” she asked him, tears still fell from her eyes.
The purple dragon looked back at the dragoness. ‘So serious, wonder why?’ he asked himself. He smiled “A simple thanks is enough, Cynder.”
She shook her head, “No, Spyro…” the dragoness said, while tears still ran down her cheeks “my life is in your hands right now…” she said while she leaded up to him, very slowly with a blush on her face “I know one way to repay you…”
The purple dragon, befuddled, became slightly curious. “How would you repay me?” asked the male, quietly.
The black dragoness continued to move up to him, with the intent of kissing him, and having hopes that no one else enters the room. Spyro sat, still in shock, and he wondered exactly what her mind was thinking. He noticed she was drawing her face closer to his, he wondered further.
Once she was close enough, she said “This is how…” moments before her lips met his. As they met, she relaxed completely and closed her eyes. The purple dragon’s eyes went wide as she kissed him. Besides the moment before, this is the first kiss he had ever received in his life. He glanced at her eyes resting calmly, and sits there, enjoying the flavor of her lips.
The dragoness moaned into the kiss, but at this moment, a certain dragonfly floated in. His eyes went wide, and his mouth hung open in sheer disgust, his step-brother was kissing Cynder. “By the Ancestors!” he shouted, “Spyro, why the hell are you kissing the queen of all darkness?!” he asked in a sarcastic, yet surprised tone.
The purple dragon immediately broke the kiss, his eyes shot to his small step-brother. “Sparx! W-w-what are you doing here?!” he asked in shock.
“Well, I was looking for you, but I forgot why…” as he spoke, his right eye had begun to twitch “I believe this sight is going to burn my eyes out…” the purple dragon sat in complete silence, completely horrified with the fact that his brother caught him in this act. He looked back to Cynder, to see how she reacted.
The black dragoness, by this time, had hid her face behind Spyro, finding security in being next to the purple dragon. Sparx’s eye continued to twitch “Exactly, why were you kissing the evil she-dragon that has been trying to kill us?” he asked.
The purple dragon, stuck in words attempted to find an excuse I… uh, I… well… she was doing me a favor!” he said, with a nervous chuckle to follow.
The dragonfly coughed “A Favor!” he shouted “How can she owe you anything?! SHE TRIED TO KILL US!” with that said he floated out of the room, completely disgusted by what he saw. Cynder whimpered a little, hurt by Sparx’s harsh words.
Spyro looked back at the dragoness, noticing her hurt eyes. “Hey, you okay?”
She shook her head in response, “hold me, Spyro…” she said, and tears began to fall quietly from her eyes.
The purple dragon put his paw on top of the dragoness’s. He looked at her with very kind eyes, eyes that showed how much he cared for her. She looked up into his eyes, for the first time, actually getting a good look at his beautiful, gentle eyes, a dark violet, tears continued to stream down her face.
“Its okay,” he whispered to her. “Sparx is always like that…you should see all the fat jokes he says about me.”
The black dragoness continues to stare into his eyes, mesmerized by them. As she looked deep into them she whispered back at him “I never really noticed it before, but…” she paused for a moment, the purple dragon looked at her, curious as to what she’s thinking. “You have really beautiful eyes.”
The purple dragon smiled when he heard her say this. “Thanks” he said, “You have beautiful eyes too, Cynder.” She sighed, and leans against him, physically, she was exhausted, but in her mind, her thoughts were racing, slowly she closed her eyes, finding comfort in being next to the purple dragon.
“Thank you, Spyro…”
“You are very welcome,” he responded, “and, if you ever need me by your side, I’ll be there for you.” She smiled at his words, the dragoness now moved as close as she possibly could to the purple dragon, she was still very weak, and very thin from all that she had been through. The tears that had been falling from her eyes, slowly stopped, “For everything…” a thought crossed her mind “You’ll take care of me, Right?” she asked, sleep was close for her at this point.
“Every day,” he responded, smiling, thinking with his young life, not knowing these could be very serious words. “Even if it has to be for the rest of both our lives.” As he spoke, she drifted off into a quiet sleep; she shivered at the cold air around her.
Spyro draped his wing over her, and using one of his paws he also brought the blanket over the both of them, her shivering ceased at that point.
“Sleep well, Cynder…” he said, before drifting off to sleep as well.
------- -------
Once the other three guardians had left the room, only Ignitus remained, the blind fox, with his pale eyes, looked at the fire guardian.
“Ignitus…” he said in a calm voice
“Yes, Aduro?” he asked, wondering why the monk had just said his name.
“As you know, I’m blind, but its not ordinary blindness” he stated, the red dragon just nodded, at first not realizing what he said, but when he realized what he had said he spoke out “What do you mean?” he asked
“I’m cursed, this isn’t my real form,” he answered “Malefor placed this curse on me, I am really a dragon master…” he said “one of the only ones who could defeat him, besides Spyro of course.”
“WHAT?!” he shouted in shock.
“I feel as though I can trust you enough to tell you the story…” he said “it all began when Malefor was banished from the temple long ago…”

#3 Mar 17, 2009 10:38 PM

Aduro

Chapter 3: The Fox's Curse
“WHAT?!” he shouted in shock.
“I feel as though I can trust you enough to tell you the story…” he said “it all began when Malefor was banished from the temple long ago…” Aduro continued to speak; Ignitus was intrigued by the Fox’s story.
------- Flashback -----
A flash of brown hair was all that was seen, a dark cloak was clearly visible in the mid-day light of the sun, his chain-mail reflected the light, the hilt of his sword did the same, and this youth was a bounty hunter, part of a legendary group of bounty hunters, along with his grandfather, Atrum. The great dragon bounty hunters, the irony in it, they too were dragons, mainly they went after dragons who were banished from the temple and are now causing trouble in the world.
According to Atrum, there was a certain purple dragon who was just recently banished from the Dragon temple. Now at this point, he was causing trouble in the world. Aduro, the strongest bounty hunter in the group, was assigned to take him down by any means necessary. The current dragon elder at the time paid the bounty hunters in advance for taking the job. What worried Aduro however, was the amount the elder had paid, it was quite a bit.
“He must be desperate to get rid of this dragon…” Atrum said, in a worried tone. The bounty hunter had remembered that phrase; it was permanently locked in his mind.
Tracking down Malefor wasn’t an easy task either. He had spent nearly two months searching for a lead on a purple dragon. He found nothing at first, somehow, Malefor, had eluded all forms of tracking, from Scrying, to psychic trackers. Aduro had simply came up empty on clues and leads, the only thing he knew was, this dragon was extremely powerful, and extremely dangerous.
One day, however, as Aduro relaxed at a bar, the bartender, Lynx had approached him.
“Aduro, I think I may have a lead on your current target” the feline said, as the warrior heard these words, he perked up.
“Really?!” he asked in a surprised, yet whispered tone. He was trying to keep a low profile.
The feline looked at the dragon with his feral eyes; he remained relatively quiet as he spoke out again. “He was in here about three days ago,” Lynx proceeded to speak out; Aduro listened intently and nodded as he spoke “the purple dragon ordered a drink, and left soon after paying for it” once the feline finished speaking, Aduro stood to his feet.
“Which way did he go?” the dragon asked, he quickly grew nervous.
“To the west” Lynx responded in a mellow voice, the dragon smiled.
“Thanks” he muttered, before he turned around and rushed out the door. Aduro took off towards the west at a breakneck pace. Soon he caught up with his target, the first thing the mercenary noticed was, his very dark purple scales. The purple dragon craned his head towards him.
“So, they called the elder-in-training, huh?” the purple dragon said in a mellow-toned voice, his dark voice sent a shiver up Aduro’s spine.
“Malefor, you are hereby sentenced to death, by order of the Dragon Temple” the warrior said, as he tried to hold himself up on his feet. The truth was, Malefor’s power was very great, and he felt the effects of that power as it pressed down on his chest.
“Oh, am I?” he said, sarcastically. Malefor too could sense the power Aduro was putting off, his power was fairly great too, which worried the purple dragon. He judged the warrior very quickly, and noticed his guard was down. Malefor took immediate advantage of this and charged at the warrior.
Aduro noticed this in a second, and quickly blocked the swing of his tail-blade. He protected himself by coating his left arm in the dark-as-night scales from his dragon form. As the purple dragon struck his tail on the hard-as-steel scales, he brought his front claws downward on the warrior’s arm, which left small scrap marks on the shield-like scales on his arm. In a counter motion, Aduro grabbed the dragon’s tail and threw him with great force, against the ground, which left a small impact crater.
The warrior jumped a great distance back as Malefor collected himself off of the ground. He craned his neck again, and spread his wings “So, you think you can defeat me?!” he growled, as a dark purple aura began to form around the dragon. Slowly he rose off the ground; small bits of gravel and rock begin to float with him in the effects of his power increase.
“I know I can defeat you, Malefor!” the warrior said, very confident in his own abilities. At this point he charged at the purple dragon, but before he could launch any attacks however, Malefor unleashed a strong gust of wind from his maw. Aduro was caught up in the attack, he brought up his arms to protect his face from being struck with the wind, but, he was pushed back at the same time.
The warrior’s eyes flashed from brown, to a dark crimson. He immediately began to use his own mastery over wind, to reverse the direction that it is blowing. The strong gust of wind seemed to reverse in direction, and grow razor sharp. The razor-sharp wind began to tear at Malefor’s scales; it left several small cuts in his scales. Not enough to draw blood, but, enough to cause him to wince in pain ever so slightly.
“So…The legends are true…” he muttered “Aduro the Black Dragon is one of the most powerful dragons…” his thoughts grew very dark at this moment ‘I’m going to have to fix that.’ The purple dragon’s aura continued to grow stronger with each passing second. Aduro noticed this, and quickly unleashed a blast of fire from the palm of his hand. It surrounded the dragon at an insane speed. The intensely hot red flames quickly incinerated the grass surrounding the purple dragon, this worried him. He then proceeded to flap his fully extended wings with tremendous force, the flames were quickly extinguished, and Aduro’s eyes went wide at the sight.
“NOW, DIE!” the purple dragon shouted, his wings still fully extended. In a moment he flew directly at the warrior, at full speed. Malefor swung his tail at Aduro, who brought a staff up to block the attack. After the quick parry, the warrior unleashed a blast from the crystal end of his staff that sent Malefor spiraling backwards. Seconds later, the warrior released a bolt of lightning from the end of his staff; the lightning struck the purple dragon’s body, which in turn caused him to let out a loud screech in pain.
After the attack, the purple dragon struck the ground with his tail, which summoned several shards of earth around Aduro. The warrior’s eyes veered around, he gazed at the floating earth shards, which now surrounded him.
“*bleep*” was the only word that slipped out of his mouth before the shards of earth struck him from several different directions. He was able to avoid the first two shards, but they shattered into smaller shards, which then struck him across his body. One of the smaller shards grazed across his shoulder, another stabbed into his leg. One of the larger ones however, struck him in his stomach, that shattered the chainmail he was wearing, even though he remained on his feet, and somewhat unhurt.
Being uninjured however was short-lived, when another large fragment of earth rammed right through his stomach, which caused him to let out a scream of pain.
“*bleep* you, Malefor…” he said, before coughing up a little blood. It was at this moment that Aduro noticed that there was a large pool of crimson surrounding his body, along with small splatters across the grass.
Aduro drew the sword at is belt, and charged at Malefor with all his strength. He swung the sword across the dragon’s body; it made contact, and ripped open a wound, sending dark crimson everywhere. Neither cared about their own injuries at this point, since they both had drawn blood on each other; Malefor brought his claws down on the warrior’s chest, which caused even more of the dark crimson liquid to splatter everywhere around them. Aduro had long since dropped his staff, and had moved to using his sword, which he held in his right hand. With the claws on his left arm, the warrior opened even more wounds across the purple dragon’s body.
What worried the purple dragon now more than anything was; this warrior wasn’t going to give up until he was dead. So, as an attempt to put some distance between them long enough to where he could hopefully finish this fight once and for all. He flapped his wings with tremendous force, sending a shockwave of wind at Aduro, who was sent spiraling away.
As he spiraled through the air, his blood was sent splashing all across the purple dragon’s dark purple scales. Malefor slowly moved back down to the ground, he panted heavily from the short onslaught, the dragon felt his strength wane slightly from blood loss.
“*bleep*” he cursed under his breath ‘if this battle progresses any longer, I will die.’ That was his last thought, as he watched the warrior stand up to his feet. Aduro wasn’t in a much better state than Malefor, it was at this point, and he realized what had to be done. The sword he held in his right hand began to glow with a dark energy. Around Malefor’s body dark purple electricity began to form.
Between the two of them, black electricity and purple electricity clashed. Their power began to grow to extreme heights.
“Let us take this to the skies” the warrior said in a weakening voice.
“Fine with me…” the purple dragon responded, his own voice was weakening too. The difference in power wasn’t much, but both could tell that neither would last much longer.
Aduro’s hair flowed upward with his power, his eyes grew more feral. Large wings sprouted from his back, their interior flaps were a dark crimson, black scales began to form across his body, and the warrior’s face slowly began to protrude outward. It formed a muzzle, and not just any type of muzzle, the muzzle of a dragon. He dropped to his hands, his body began to grow much larger, and a tail sprouted from his backside, at the end of it, a blade. The tip itself shined in the sunlight. His fangs grew longer, and his claws became more defined. The warrior’s clothes vanished and were replaced with scales, the scales across his upper body were as dark as night, pitch black, while the scales across his chest and belly were blood red, and not just from the fact he had several open wounds across his body, which caused his black scales surrounding each wound to gain a red tinge to them.
The transformation happened within moments, and once he finished, he unleashed a mighty roar. This worried Malefor, he hadn’t realized that this warrior still had this much strength left in him.
“Oh *bleep*” the purple dragon muttered under his breath, as he noticed Aduro’s wounds beginning to heal closed. They healed at such a rapid rate that steam actually begun to rise from the wounds.
The large black dragon stood at about the same height as Malefor, he was slightly larger however in comparison.
Aduro leapt at the injured purple dragon, claws fully extended. Malefor tried to avoid the attack but felt another jolt of pain across his entire body. He definitely underestimated this dragon’s power.
The black dragon felt a jolt of pain across his own body at the same time, and quickly slashed his claws across the purple dragon before jumping back. Malefor’s tail had skewed him in his left side and it was now slowly oozing blood.
“*bleep*” he cursed, the purple dragon now leapt at the black dragon, his fangs sunk into the neck of his target, and Aduro let out a yelp from the pain. Malefor smiled darkly, with his fangs deep inside the black dragon’s neck. The purple dragon swung his claws across the dark scales of Aduro’s body, even more blood splashed onto his scales.
At this point, neither could tell whose blood belonged to whom. Malefor was drenched in a mixture of his own blood, along with Aduro’s. He held on tightly to the black dragon, with what strength remained in his body. Aduro’s howling grew louder with each second, he violently thrashed against Malefor’s grasp, which only caused the wound to grow worse. Crimson splattered everywhere as he tried to escape.
‘I have no choice.’ The black dragon thought ‘I have to use that.’ Immediately, Aduro’s body was engulfed in a black flame, it covered every inch of the black dragon’s body. This caused Malefor to snap back, the flames were extremely hot. The purple dragon watched in horror as his enemy transformed back into his human form. Which was now fully healed, his eyes went wide when he saw this, and he knew at this point, he had to end it!
The purple dragon jumped back a short distance, as the black flames seemed to focus into the palm of the warrior’s hand, Malefor noticed a smile across his face, and he knew it wasn’t good for him.
“You fell for it…” the warrior stated in a relaxed voice, he seemed confident. “You’re trapped, Malefor.”
“What the hell are you talking about?!” the purple dragon asked in a semi-frantic voice, if he was trapped, it was over for him.
“Look around you; you’re in one of my seals!” Aduro answered, his voice grew louder as he spoke the sentence. True to his word, the purple dragon was in the dead-center of a seal, a seal made of blood.
‘How could I have not noticed this?!’ the dragon screamed in his head, the seal formed a circle around him and had four points on the circle. Ancient writing of four different languages was visible. Two of the languages were: Dragon, and Phoenix. The other two remained unknown, but the purple dragon was sure that the four symbols in the different languages represented the four temples across the world.
“Ancient Art, Art of Sealing: Four-point Seal!” the warrior shouted, the blood markings began to glow below them.
‘I have to.’ The purple dragon thought, ‘I have to use Convexity.’ A dark purple aura engulfed the dragon, his amethyst eyes began to glow in the same manner as his body. He opened his maw, and unleashed a powerful, dark purple beam of convexity aimed directly at Aduro.
The warrior’s eyes shot wide open; in one of his hands he had the black flame, as Malefor unleashed his most powerful attack at the black dragon. Aduro jumped back, seconds before Malefor fired the attack.
“BLACK DRAGON FLAME!” the warrior shouted, he aimed his right arm at the purple dragon. A large black dragon with piercing crimson eyes erupted from his hand; the dragon was made entirely of the black fire. Both attacks collided within seconds, and due to the close proximity of the two, it caused a massive explosion made from the combination of their powers.
After several minutes, the dust began to settle around them, Malefor and the seal below him were gone. But Aduro on the other hand, was still there. He lay unconscious, fifty feet away from the explosion. Yet, he didn’t look like himself; instead, he had the appearance of a fox, a much older fox. The red hair across his body had begun to grey.
The warrior extended his right hand, and the staff nearby, flew to his hand. He used the item to bring himself to his feet; his eyes were still closed at first. Then he slowly opened them, yet he saw nothing but darkness.
“I-I’m blind!” he shouted in utter horror.
--- ---
The purple dragon found himself in a large black void, everything was dark, and he was trapped in convexity. There was nothing. He couldn’t find anything, his wounds had fully healed, he was alive for sure, but he couldn’t carry out his plan. Truth, he didn’t care anymore, all he wanted was. Revenge.
----- -------- --------
Aduro continued to tell the story to Ignitus, who listened attentively. He continued well into the night, and slowly dawn broke over the world, the sun slowly rose, and light crept into his room.
“I’m sorry that I took up so much of your time, Ignitus” the fox said, as he leaned on his staff.
“Well, how do we reverse the curse upon you?” he asked, now curious.
“I don’t have the slightest idea…” he trailed off for a moment, “But I believe it will reverse itself when the time is right…”
“Now, how would Malefor return?” the red dragon asked, even more curious.
“The only way he would return is…if the four temples were taken by evil.” The fox said in deep thought, “but, he’d only be able to return as a spirit…”
“Is there a way he could return physically?” at the question, the fox nodded “Yes…but, how, I do not know…” the red dragon looked at him, and smiled, he knew that the temple was in good hands with Aduro as the master.
“Take care, Ignitus.” The fox said with a smile.
“You too, Aduro.” He said in response.
-------- ---------- ------------ -----------
The sunlight crept into Spyro’s room, but it wasn’t just Spyro who was in the room. Leaned up against his body, with the sheet covering hers was Cynder. Rays of light moved into the room and hit the black dragoness in the face. She groaned quietly, and pressed her face deeper into Spyro’s warm body.
She felt something warm slowly wrap around her tail, and she turned her head behind her to see, the purple dragon’s tail wrapped around hers and she smiled softly.
“Spyro….” She whispered “You’re so sweet…” the dragoness kissed his cheek warmly, and he groaned slightly. His eyes slowly flicker open, and he turned to meet Cynder’s warm, Sapphire-green eyes.
The black dragoness stared deep into Spyro’s amethyst eyes, and said “Good morning, Spyro.”
“Good morning, Cynder” he said in response, the dragon smiled warmly at her. “Did you sleep well?”
“Wonderful, with you next to me.” The dragoness answered, as she nuzzled him warmly in the neck.
“Would you like some breakfast?” he asked, and she nodded in response to the question. ‘He’s so sweet’ she thought to herself as the purple dragon got up from the bed. Once he was off the bed, he adjusted the blanket on her, and placed a pillow near her to where she can rest her head. The dragoness did as such; she lowered her head down to the pillow with a warm smile on her face.
“Well, what do you want for breakfast?” he asked.
“I really liked what you gave me last night, how about that?” she answered, the purple dragon nodded and walked out of the room. Cynder let her head rest on the pillow silently, she felt alone, and she didn’t like it. Her loneliness was short lived however, when a certain gold dragonfly floated into the room.
“AHHH!” he screamed “The queen of all Evil is here!” her head perked up at his words, and her eyes narrowed at the gold dragonfly and he spoke out again. “Where’s Spyro?!” he asked, “And why the hell are you in here?!”
Cynder smiled “Spyro is out.” She said in a calm voice, the dragoness completely disregarded the dragonfly’s insults. “I slept in here last night.” She said; as Sparx heard it he shuddered.
“Did you two…?” he asked, the gold dragonfly trailed off slightly. The black dragoness knew what he was asking, and her smile grew wider.
“Well…” in an attempt to make her lie appear truthful, she averted her gaze away from the gold dragonfly. When she did this, he shuddered again, and almost gagged at a mental image that ran through his mind.
“You’re just SICK!” he shouted at her, before he floated off, utterly disgusted. Minutes pass and the black dragoness rested her head back down on the pillow. She thought to herself quietly, ‘do I like Spyro?’ she asked herself ‘well, he is cute, and he is caring for me.’ Her eyes slowly closed, truth to the fact, she was still very tired. ‘What is with me, am I falling for the very dragon who did this to me?!’  That thought came over her very quickly; at first she didn’t understand it. She quickly brushed it away. Her eyes now wide open from the thought.
Spyro reentered the room moments later, a bowl in his mouth, like yesterday. Only this time, it was a larger bowl. Her mouth watered when the odor of the food hit her nostrils. The purple dragon moved up next to her and placed the bowl down next to him.
“Would you like me to feed you again?” he asked, this time she shook her head.
“I think I can feed myself, I’m feeling a little stronger than yesterday…” she responded Spyro frowned at her response; he strangely desired to lock lips with the dragoness again.
“But, can you help me up?” she asked, he smiled when she asked this.
“Of course I will” he answered, before he climbed on the bed. She tried to stand up, her muscles were still very weak, and so the purple dragon had no choice but to support her while she was on her feet. The black dragoness leaned against his body slightly, as she tried to hold herself up on her own four feet.
Cynder’s legs wobbled slightly as she slowly took a single step off the bed, her soft paws pressed against the hard stone floor. She withdrew her paw when it came in contact with the cold of the floor. “Its cold…” she muttered quietly, Spyro smiled.
“Its okay, Cynder…” he said to her “Say, once you eat your breakfast, I’ll take you outside.” When she heard these words, she couldn’t help but smile softly.
“Thank you, Spyro.” She said in a kindly voice, once again, she brought one of her paws down to the floor, and then another followed. Once she was off the bed, the dragoness brought her head down to the bowl, and quickly ate her meal. The combination of meats that were in the soup gave it a unique flavor. And it went down very easy, once she finished, she turned to the purple dragon.
“You’re a very good cook.” She complimented, the purple dragon blushed at her comment, and smiled.
“Would you like to go outside now?” he asked kindly, she nodded, and moved closer to the purple dragon. Spyro led her slowly out of the room, his wing draped over her. Each step was slow, and it took a fairly long time to get down the hall, but Spyro wanted to take it easy on her, so she doesn’t reopen any of her wounds. The black dragoness slipped a little, but the purple dragon caught her. When Spyro caught her however, their muzzles grew dangerously close to each other, and for a moment, both thought they were going to kiss again.
The black dragoness stared into his warm amethyst eyes, to her; it was an invitation to kiss him. ‘His eyes are so gentle.’ The dragoness thought as she looked into his eyes, she looked very deeply into them she wanted to kiss him.
The purple dragon stared into her beautiful sapphire-green eyes, and couldn’t look away. His heart began to beat faster with each second he stared into her eyes. ‘Why can’t I look away?’ he asked himself. The truth was, the black dragoness’s heart began racing at the same time his did, and both dragons slowly moved in closer to each other. The moment before their muzzles make contact however a voice echoed down the hall.
“SPYRO!!!!” the voice called out, it was none other than Sparx, when he came up on the sight, his tongue hung out of his mouth, and he made a sound like he was puking.
Both dragons pulled away from each other, both blushed lightly when they did.
“What is it, Sparx?” the purple dragon asked, he just floated there, and completely awestruck at what he almost saw happen.
“I forgot…” he muttered, before he floated off again. The black dragoness stayed right next to the purple dragon, and both continued to walk through the temple, heading in the direction of the garden.
Once they reached their intended location, they climbed up to the top of a hill where they both sat. Spyro warmly wrapped his wing around Cynder, and she leaned into him. Her eyes slowly closed, and she let out a silent sigh.
“I’m glad you and I are friends, Spyro…” she said, the purple dragon turned his head to the black dragoness, now very curious. ‘We’re moving very fast, yesterday, she considered me an enemy, and now, I’m her friend…’
“I’m glad we’re friends too, Cynder…” he whispered quietly back to her, and very slowly, she lifted her head, and her eyes reopen. Cynder’s gaze was now upon the delicate features of the purple dragon’s face.
“You know, Spyro…” she said, he turned to her, “You’re kind of cute.” When he heard these words, he blushed very brightly when he heard these words.
“Y-you t-think I’m cute?” he asked nervously, the dragoness nodded very slowly, waiting for a response.
“W-well, y-you’re a very b-beautiful dragoness.” He stuttered out, when Cynder heard these words, she felt her heart leap at this moment. Once again, both dragons have locked eyes, but this time there isn’t anything around to interrupt them. Both Spyro and Cynder slowly moved their muzzles closer to each other, each second that passed seemed like an eternity to both of them as they approached each other. The moment their lips met felt even more incredible then the last time. The black dragoness brought her paw up to the purple dragon’s cheek, while Spyro brought his up to her shoulder. Both dragons moved closer to each other intensifying the passion of the kiss even more. Cynder flicked her tongue out and ran it along Spyro’s bottom lip, kindly asking for entrance into his mouth. The purple dragon complied, and his own tongue slid out of his maw and entered Cynder’s mouth, both their tongues explored every inch of each other’s maw.
Their tongues move around their fangs, across the roof of their mouth, until finally coming to rest on top of each other’s tongue. Their tongues wrapped around each other in a dance of passion, Cynder let out a small moan from deep within her throat. She was enjoying the passion filled kiss so very much.
Spyro brought Cynder into an embrace as the kiss continued, being sure not to harm her in any way. He too let off a small moan from deep within his throat. After being locked in the heated kiss for nearly a minute, it broke.
“Cynder…” Spyro said, “That kiss was…”
“Wonderful.” She finished, before affectionately nuzzling the purple dragon, and eventually leaned against him.
“Spyro, you’re a sweetheart…” the black dragoness said in a tender voice, he blushed slightly at the tone of her voice, she was warming up to him very quickly and he enjoyed it.
The rest of the day was pretty much uneventful for both Spyro and Cynder. After they had kissed, they went back to their room where Cynder rested most of the day, and Spyro cared for her. Truth was, she was indeed falling for the purple dragon, and Spyro was also indeed falling for her, but neither realized it yet, their feelings continued to build up inside them. Soon, very soon, their feelings would lead to something more…
------- -------- -------- --------- -------- --------
A dark shadow exists on the horizon,
The shadow before the dawn…
When four pinnacles of power fall to the dark,
The master of the darkness will return from his prison.
But there exists hope.
When two dragons admit their love,
The dawn will come, a loud cry will echo across the land, and bring an end to the darkness…

#4 Mar 19, 2009 11:02 PM

Spyro.Lover.Forever

How many gems did you get from posting all this? LOL
Great Job!

#5 Mar 20, 2009 12:54 PM

Blazer1

Heck, I love a good story like this. I must see more of it.

One storm sets while the other rises.

#6 Mar 20, 2009 2:17 PM

Aduro

Well, if you want to read more, You'll have to read it on Fanfiction.net.....and No, I'm not posting the link

Board footer