You are not logged in.

#1 Mar 10, 2009 6:47 PM

grievous16
Gems: 0

Mating Season [Warning, MAY contain some mature contents]

Chapter 1: Return Home

"Hey, Cynder! Look at Warfang!"

"I see it Spyro. Guess its good having you not around!"

The Purple Dragon looked back at his friend. She gave him a serious look, then burst out

into laughter. Turning to face Warfang, Spyro saw all the Moles looking up at the two, and

started to yell. A large green Dragon looked at the two, then quickly flew up to them.

"Ha ha ha! I knew you to would do it! Never doubted you for an instance!"

Spyro and Cynder did a full stop when the neared him, with Spyro speaking first:

"Terrador! It's great to see you!"

"Yeah, it sure is! Now we get to help rebuild the city! How fun."

Terrador gave Cynder a look.

"What's wrong with you? Don't you want to help?"

It was Cynder's turn to give a look.

"Oh yeah. It was always my dream to help rebuild cities....

Me and Spyro just defeated the Dark Master, and you want us to do this!?! Are you insane!"

Terrador looked at Cynder with amusment. Spyro looked away and watched a few Moles picking up debries from a alley.

"Well, Cynder, I see that your fight didn't improve your attitude."

"Of course not," replied Cynder,"It made me all the more worse."

A sudden yellow flash sped towards the three dragons. It hit Spyro's nose, then began to talk.

"Hey, Spyro man! You’re alright! I never doubted you for a second! I mean, come on, we're bros!"

Spyro looked at the little firefly who was babbling. Terrador burst out into laughter at Sparx, and Cynder turned around to face the landscape.

"Sparx, could you please get of of me for a moment. And how about you thanking Cynder, If it weren't for her, I'd be dead."

Cynder turned to face Spyro, and Sparx flew over to her.

"Cynder, you and me might've gotten off on the wrong foot. So how about I make it up to you. Thank you for saving Spyro's butt."

"Sparx, you don't have to thank me. I was just doing my job. You did tell me after all to look after him, right?"

"Uh, yeah! So I did. But how'd you do it? How'd you beat Malefor? Was it a claw to claw, tooth to tooth, or did you guys just use magic?"

Cynder spoke before Spyro did, with the most sarcastic tone she had ever used.

"No Sparx, we spoke to him and asked him to please not destroy the world. He agreed, then comitted suicide."

"Your joking, right?", Sparx asked.

Spyro laughed at his friend.

"Yes, she's joking. But I'd rather not talk about it right now."

Terrador nodded at that, and looked the two straight in the eye.

"I agree. You should both rest up. Your rooms are ready for you in the Roosting Tower. If you'd like, I'll send some food up for you."

Spyro looked at Cynder, who gave a slight nod.

"That'll be great Terrador. We'll leave you now, seeing as how your very busy repairing."

Terrador looked at Spyro, then Cynder, then Sparx, and asked the very question the two Dragons had been dreading:

"Before you go, where's Ignitus?"

Spyro looked down at his claws, and Cynder walked over to him, draping a wing over him. She looked at Terrador, and without emotion, gave him the answer he had been dreading:

"He's dead. He died bringing us through the Ring of Fire. I'm sorry."

Terrador and Sparx exchanged glances with each other, then Terrador spoke:

"I'm sorry I brought this up. But knowing this, we will have need for a new Fire Guarding. I'd like you both to come to the Great Hall tomorrow morning please, to tell the

Guardians what happend. But at least Ignitus died for a worthy cause. And be brave, you both. He would be the proudest Dragon ever, knowing that you had defeated Malefor once

and for all. Now go, rest, and speak of this to no one. At least, not yet."

Spyro and Cynder both nodded, then flapped there wings once, twice, three times, and flew to the Roosting Tower. Terrador and Sparx looked at each other, then Sparx spoke:

"Do ya think we should've told them?"

Terrador shook his head, and breathed deeply.

"No. I'm afraid that if we do tell them now, it could spell disaster. Watch over them, will you?"

Sparx give a wry grin. "Don't I always?"

Chapter 2: A Matter of Business and Love

Upon waking, Cynder checked on Spyro. Seeing him sleeping made her smile.

"After all this time, we did it. For three years, we fought a war against Malefor. And we beat him. But without him, it wouldn't have been possible. For both stopping Malefor, and saving me. And look at him now, sleeping like a Mole in winter!"

She shook her head slightly, and then turned away from his room. She had been feeling a growl coming from her stomach, and decided to get her's and Spyro's breakfast. She padded silently down the hall, to the opening that led to the Dining Hall. She quickly darted in, and grabbed two trays. Walking too the Serving Station, she loaded the two tray's with as much food as possible, making sure to get Spyro a leg of lamb. When she returned to Spyro's room, he was moaning in his sleep. She quickly placed the tray on the floor, and rushed over to him. She began to shake him, quietly shouting his name.

"Spyro! Sypro! Wake up!"

He woke with a start, his eyes wild. When he saw Cynder's concerned face, he gave a sigh of relief, and gave her a hug"

"Thank the spirits your safe!"

She broke the hug, and gave him a curios stare.

"What are you talking about? Was it a dream?"

Spyro gave a slight nod, and looked at Cynder with sad eyes.

"Yeah, it was."

She sat down on her haunches, and rested her head on his bed.

"I'm listing Spyro."

He gave another sigh, and rubbed his eyes. Taking a deep breath, he looked out the window, to the rising sun.

"I'm not sure of everyone I saw, but I did see us, Hunter, and Sparx. There was two dragons to, but I'm guessing, because all I saw were faint outlines of them. But from what I could see about us four, it wasn't good. Sparx and Hunter were in cages, with shackles around there wrists and feet. They looked like they were screaming, but I didn't hear anything coming from there mouths. I did see that you, and the other two dragons, were attacking me, and pushing me towards an edge. I wasn't fighting back, just blocking the attacks. And I was crying. Then I said something, and you stopped. But the other two dragons attacked me, and pushed me off the edge."

He turned to look at Cynder, to see her reaction. All he saw was a black blur, and was swept into a long hug from Cynder, who wrapped her wings around him. He rested his head on her shoulder, and took in a deep breath.

"Don't worry Spyro. I'd never betray you. And if any dragon attempted to attack you, they'd have to get through me, first. You'd do the same for me, right?"

He brought his head up to her's, and looked into her eyes.

"Right. I'd never betray you, and if anyone wanted to attack you, they'd have to go through me first.... Because I love you."

She gave a slight gasp in surprise, and then began to rub his cheek affectionally. They gave a short, quiet purr, and then pulled away.

"You have no idea how long I've waited for you to say that. I love you to, Spyro. I've loved you from the first time I saw you."

He gave a small smile.

"Even when you tried to kill me?"

Suddenly, she turned away, and looked at the door, then at the tray. That sparked a idea into her head.

"Are you hungry Spyro? I got us breakfast while you slept in."

He only just realized that she had brought food, and even a leg of lamb. His stomach gave a loud growl, and he gave Cynder a sheepish look.

"Is that answer enough for you?"

Smiling, she picked up the tray, and brought it over to the bed. She deftly grabbed the leg, and tossed it over to Spyro. She picked up a rabbit, and began to gnaw on it.

"What are you two doing? Your supposed to be getting ready for your meeting with the Guardians!", a voice said. Turning around, the two dragons saw Sparx hovering in the entrance to the room. Spyro and Cynder both gave a small sigh, then stood up.

"Alright, alright. Don't get your wings in a knot. Were coming."

Sparx gave the two dragons a look.

"You two didn't do anything last night, or this morning, did you?"

"Sparx! That's disgusting!■ both dragons yelled. Sparx gave a sigh of relief, and gave them both a look.

"I don't know if either of you are aware of it, but Mating Season begins today.. Just keep your heads calm, and don't let your hormones get the better of you. Got that?"

The two dragons gave a slight nod, but then realized what Sparx had just said. They gave each other a look, and then smiled.

"Don't worry Sparx. Until the Mating Dance, we won't mate. And besides, we are old enough to make our own choices."

Sparx looked from Spyro to Cynder, and then gave another sigh.

"Well, it makes sense, you two mating. You've been through so much, and know each other better then you know yourselves. Just please be careful. There might be other dragons who want to mate with you."

Spyro and Cynder looked at each other again, then back at Sparx. This time, Cynder spoke for the both of them.

"No dragon is going to stop us from mating. We love each other to much to let that happen. Now, are we not supposed to be meeting the Guardians?"

With that, the two dragons walked under Sparx, and began the walk that would take them up, to meet the Guardians. Sparx trailed behind them, muttering things under his breath. Not many dragons or Moles went this far up, so no one was up here. However, when the trio entered the large reception room, they saw two other dragons waiting, a red and a pink dragon. Spyro knew them both, but had been hoping he'd never see them.

"Spyro!", the two dragons cried, "It's good to see you!"

They walked over to him, but the both stopped when they saw Cynder, and suddenly went into a attack stance.

"What's she doing here?■ the pink one hissed.
"And do you know who she is?■ the red one hissed.

Cynder had moved to defend Spyro, but she stopped when they asked those questions, and looked at Spyro. He gave her a tight smile, and walked up beside her. He wrapped one of his wings around her, and wrapped his tail around her's. The other two dragons noticed this, and hissed even more.

"Yes, I know who she is. She's Cynder, and she's here because she and I have a meeting with the Guardians. Yes, she once was a puppet of the Dark Master, but I freed her from his grasp. And more importantly, I love her. So if you attack her, you are attacking me."

Cynder moved closer to Spyro, resting on his shoulder. He's perfect for me, she thought. And nothing anyone says will stop us from loving each other.

"Spyro", said the red dragon, "We don't want to fight you. If you say she has reformed, then she has. But if you say that you love her, then she is my friend. Cynder, my name's Flame."

The pink dragoness walked close to Spyro, and rubbed his cheek affectionaly, but backed away with haste when Cynder gave a low warning growl.

"Stay away from Spyro, Pinky. He's my mate."

The pink dragoness gave her a dark look, then smiled brightly at Spyro.

"Don't think I won't give up on you Spyro. You might think that all those times we spent together mean nothing, but they were special. And if you▓re wondering, Cynder, my name's Ember."

Just then, the doors to the Guardians Chamber opened, and Volteer came out. He looked at the four dragons, Spyro, Cynder, Flame, and Ember, and at Sparx. He gave them all a smile, and moved to one side of the door.

"Come in, all of you. Come in."

Flame and Ember moved first, entering the chamber, with Spyro and Cynder close behind, and Sparx resting on Spyro's head. What they saw made them gasp in surprise. In the very center of the room was a large pool of water that seemed to reflect you, and only you, no matter where you stood in the room. On the far side of the room, a large window opened to face the whole city. Far up, on the tower walls, four roosts seem to come out of the wall. Each one was of a certain color to represent a Guardian. Over to a corner was a large stone desk, and beside it was a stone bookcase that took up a whole wall, and it seemed to go up all the way to the roof of the tower. Sitting on the far side of where they were, sat Terrador and Cyril. Volteer motioned to the five to sit down, and he moved over to the other Guardians. Once everyone had sat down Terrador stood up, and cleared his throat for the attention of the five. They all looked at him expectantly.

"Thank you for coming here, all of you. I know it was on rather short notice for most of you. Now, we have a great number of matters to discuss, but before we do, I'd like to congratulate Spyro and Cynder for defeating Malefor and for saving the world. I know that you've been fighting him for three years, and it was a relief for everyone that he was defeated. All three of us are aware of how tired you may be, but after his defeat, a new foe arose. I don't know if any of you have heard of the King Havrend. No? Well, he is the new King of the Apes. After Malefor's defeat, his hold over the Apes was gone. Havrend took control over the Apes shortly after. While this is bad news, there is more. The Apes have retained a few powers from the magic Malefor used on them. They are now able to move in complete daylight, with worry of being killed by it. They seem to have the power to hover in the air for a few moments, and they have magic. If we do not stop the Apes now, they might attempt to attack Warfang before it is repaired. We can't do much about it without a Fire Guardian. Ignitus has died, during the passage through the Ring of Fire. We need a new Fire Guardian. The three of us have agreed that it should be either Spyro or Flame, as only you two can use Fire. We think you two should fight for the title. If you wish, it can take place here, now."

Spyro looked at Flame, who was looking at him. Then, Spyro looked at Cynder, and thought that if he took the position, he could never mate with her. He looked at the Guardians, and took in a deep breath. But before he could say anything, Flame spoke:

"I'll fight for the title. It would be an honor to be the Guardian."

Terrador gave him a small nod, and then looked at Spyro.

"So, Spyro? Will you fight, or will you let Flame be the Guardian?"

Spyro shoke his head, and gave the Guardians a smile.

"No thanks. I've felt the burden of responsibility, and it wasn't my idea of a blast. Flame can be the Guardian. And besides, I'd like to be able to mate with Cynder, and as a Guardian, you can't do that."

Cyril nodded his head at Spyro's words, and so did Volteer. Terrador gave Spyro a quick smile, and turned to Flame.

"Then, as the lead Guardian, I hereby declare Flame the Fire Guardian!"

Flame stood up, and, as if to prove his new position, breathed fire into the pool of water. The water burst into flames, and the flames rose until they reached the top of the tower. Then, they disappeared, and the water reappeared just as it had been before Flame blew the fire. He walked over to where the other Guardians stood, and sat down with them. After he sat, Terrador stood up again, and once more, began to speak.

"Now then, with Flame here, we Guardians shall deal with Havrend. I'd rather Spyro and Cynder rest awhile, after all, they saved the world! However, there is still a small matter of business to take care of. Spyro, during the time you, Cynder and Sparx were trapped in the crystal, Ignitus gave me a duty. I was to inform you that your mother was dead, but not your father. He said that your father was the dragon who would be the Chronicler, after the one you met had died. Spyro, the Chronicler you met in your journeys had died. However, a new one has taken his place. You must seek out this dragon, Spyro. Ignitus said that this dragon would teach you how to make an illusion of yourself. He said that this would be key to your future. That either you learn't this power, or you'd die."

Sparx rolled his eyes, and looked at the faces of all the dragons. Everyone was looking at Spyro.

"Come on Spyro man! We've heard that saying more the once. Do this, or you die? Ha, that'd be a code. Hmm, now let's see, do this or...Yikes!"

Cynder had blown a breath of air at Sparx, pushing him off Spyro's head. She looked at Spyro, and pitied him. He had only just saved the world, and was being told that he had to learn some power, or he'd die?

"Don't worry Spyro. I'll come with you, and I'll help you learn that skill. And I won't let you die. I promise you."

Spyro slowly turned to face her, and stared at her for a long time.

"I know you will Cynder. I know. We'll leave tomorrow, at dawn. Better get this over with, and find out who my father is."

As Spyro stood to get up, Ember asked him a question he had been hoping she'd not ask.

"Can I come with you, Spyro? Just to see who your father is?"

Before he could answer, Cynder gave a low growl, and gave the darkest look she could manage to Ember.

"No, you can't. Only Spyro and I will go on this trip. Sparx, you should stay here. The Guardians will need you to help them fight the Apes. Okay?"

Sparx flew to her, and landed on her nose. He looked her in the eyes, and said:

"Just keep him safe for me, alright?

She gave the smallest of nods, so as to not knock him off

"Of course I will Sparx. I love him even more then you do, and I don't want anything to happen to him."

He hugged her nose, then flew over to the Guardians. Spyro gave them what he thought was a confident smile. Turning around, he walked to the door, with Cynder close behind him. The door opened when he was close to it, and without a backward glance, he and Cynder left the room.

Later that night, Spyro sat on the balcony outside his window. He watched the lights moving around the city, as all the inhabitants went to the party in honor of Guardian Flame. Cynder's somewhere down there, he thought, looking for me. But it doesn't matter now. He looked up to the sky. I'm going to find my dad, and he's going to teach me how to make a illusion. Whatever good that'll do me. He looked down at the city again. But doesn't Cynder know that I'm here?

"Have you seen Spyro? Have you?"

Cynder had been searching for Spyro for half and hour now, and no one had seen or heard from Spyro since the meeting with the Guardians. She was getting worried about him, and was thinking about asking one of the Guardians for help. What if he's with that dragoness, Ember, she thought. No, he wouldn't! He had said he loved her only that morning. And he hadn't shown any interest in Ember. But you never know...

"Cynder? Is that you?"

Turning around, she saw Flame standing behind her. He gave her a smile, and offered her his paw.

"Would you like to dance with me?"

She cocked her head to one side, and gave him a questioning look.

"There's no music, Flame. Why'd I want to dance?"

He gave her a charming smile, and looked up and down the length of her body.

"You know, you are a really beautiful dragoness. Spyro doesn't deserve you. He can't fully appreciate your beauty. I can. So, will you join me in the Mating Dance? Will you be my mate?"

Cynder's face turned from curios, to blushing, to disgust. She grabbed a mug from a passing Mole, and tossed its contents on his face. As he, and everyone who was around them, stood in shock, she hissed her reply:

"You will never be my mate. And if you think that Spyro doesn't deserve me, you're wrong. He deserves me far more then you do, because I know he won't try to gain my love from behind my back."

She turned away, and began to walk to the Roosting Tower. If Spyro was still out, he'd have to go to sleep sooner or later, and her room was right beside his. She'd know when he'd return.

"Spyro! You awake?"

Great, he thought. Just when this day couldn't get any worse, it did. Looking down to where the voice came from, he saw Ember flapping her wings, flying up to him. When she got up to his balcony, she landed, and walked over to where he sat.

"I think I missed you at the party. I, uh, wanted to thank you for not fighting Flame. I know that'd it wouldn't have been much of a competition. You'd have beaten him without trying. And, I, uh, well...I wanted to ask you if you want to do the Mating Dance with me?"

As she said that, she placed a wing around Spyro, and rested her head on his shoulder.

As Cynder was walking to her room, she thought she had heard voices coming from Spyro's room. She stuck her head through the open door, and was surprised to see Spyro sitting on the balcony. With Ember's wing wrapped around him, and her head on his shoulder. But then, to her surprise, he pushed Ember away from him, and she almost fell off. *bleep* lucky, Cynder thought, I would have liked it if she fell. She saw Spyro standing up, and pressed into the room to hear what he was saying.

"Listen Ember, and listen well, because I'm only saying this once. I won't mate with any other dragoness then Cynder. So you can stop pretending like I ever liked you, and that I'm going to mate with you. Now, leave me alone, okay? Or is that to much for you to handle?"

Upon hearing that, Cynder gave a inward smile, and watched as Ember bristled, and said to Spyro:

"I'm not going to give up on you, Spyro. I never will, until you and I are mates."

With that, she jumped of the balcony, and glided down, out of sight. Spyro sighed, and walked over to his bead, and collapsed onto it. Just then, he heard a scratching noise, and looked towards the doorway. Cynder came out of the darkness, and gave Spyro a small smile, as she shivered.

"Spyro, it's cold in my room. Can I sleep here, with you, tonight?"

One day the unreal shall be real, the fallen shall rise, and the nightmares shall become a reality. Those who follow shall earn life eternal. Those who don't shall die. The rising of the Dark Lord shall be humanity's undoing. All hail the Dark Lord of the Sith.

#2 Mar 10, 2009 6:51 PM

grievous16

Re: Mating Season [Warning, MAY contain some mature contents]

There are parts where I messed up. I tried HARD on this. smile  wink

One day the unreal shall be real, the fallen shall rise, and the nightmares shall become a reality. Those who follow shall earn life eternal. Those who don't shall die. The rising of the Dark Lord shall be humanity's undoing. All hail the Dark Lord of the Sith.

#3 Mar 11, 2009 6:35 AM

Jackson117

Hey i saw these fics on fanfiction

LOL

Statement: Love is what you get when you lock a target in your sights and watch as the targeting alines and the blaster

#4 Mar 11, 2009 7:10 AM

Spyrorocks
Administrator
Award: Admin
Gems: 4
Website

Board footer