Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#1 Feb 18, 2009 12:42 AM

Sammy The Dragon
Gems: 0

Spyro: The RARE purple dragon

i'm not sure i'm hip with the whole idea of there being another purple dragon that's against our hero (male. i mean if spyro is rare, then shouldn't he be the ONLY purple dragon? it's better that way.

#2 Feb 18, 2009 12:44 AM

RedDragonX
Website

Re: Spyro: The RARE purple dragon

Well I'm afraid to say that the entire point of the plot was for Spyro to make up for the sins of the previous purple dragon Malefor as to redeem the purple dragon lol....and as far as I can tell it was a pretty decent story. The purple dragons were born once every 10 generations or whatever....and I think having a good one fighting to redeem the wrongs of one of the previous ones was pretty solid.

#3 Feb 18, 2009 10:33 AM

Spyro Master

Its the sort of thing spyro would do anyway, whether it would be original or new i think.

#4 Feb 18, 2009 11:48 PM

RedDragonX
Website

Well yeah Spyro is the hero lol...of course he is going to fight evil no matter what...but would be interesting to see just what would happen if Spyro did give in to the darkness inside him....

#5 Feb 20, 2009 6:45 AM

ratchet
Website

Well yeah, THis is some of the things that turn me off about Fanfiction. THe fact taht many forget to do research and have many things which do not comply with the official series. I myself think taht there should be no other Purple dragons but Spyro. and SPYROS CHILDREN CANT BE PURPLE

#6 Feb 20, 2009 7:35 PM

Kjakings

#7 Feb 20, 2009 10:58 PM

RedDragonX
Website

Well unless you know how old Malefor is then we can't really tell just how many purple dragons their have been. I have heard rumors that he is like 10,000 years old or something.....but if a purple dragon is born every ten generations...then I think that would be more then just three purple dragons..

Then again we really don't have much to go on about it. When Malefor was speaking in DotD he mentioned that he was the first of their kinds.....but that their had been others who had filled out their role to destroy the world whatever.

But that again wouldn't make much sense because then the ancestors sealed away Malefor long ago.....and the purple dragons after him still managed to destroy the world time and time again.....so what did they really save?.......unless of course Malefor was lying. That's possible.

#8 Feb 21, 2009 12:39 AM

TornWings

It sounded like Malefor said he wasn't the first, iirc. I don't remember him saying if any of the others had succeeded, only that it was their destiny.

So, the purple dragons (before/after him) may have failed, that's a possibility. Or they might not have discovered their "destiny" or like Spyro they went against it.

Oh great, my lighthouse is on fire again, be right back...

#9 Feb 21, 2009 12:52 AM

RedDragonX
Website

"Im sure that you have been told that I was the first of our kind, but I assure you, their have been many."

I'm pretty sure that's the exact quote....but I could be wrong.

#10 Feb 22, 2009 12:13 AM

grievous16

The character I like in Dawn of the Dragon is Cynder.

One day the unreal shall be real, the fallen shall rise, and the nightmares shall become a reality. Those who follow shall earn life eternal. Those who don't shall die. The rising of the Dark Lord shall be humanity's undoing. All hail the Dark Lord of the Sith.

#11 Feb 22, 2009 12:43 AM

ratchet
Website

I think Malefor was lying, Because Malefor was supposed to be really old. So there would of HAD to been many purple dragons born between Malefor & Spyro. And then THOSE purple dragons would've tried to destroy the world. Besides, there is no evidence that Spyro has even thought about destroying the world, which are "supposed" to be inprinted in the Purple Dragons mind, as Malefor puts it anyway.

#12 Feb 22, 2009 12:57 AM

Aura24
Gems: 750
Website

Malefor himself thought his role as the purple dragon was to destroy the world, which probably lead to his corruption. The true role of the purple dragon is unknown, but I think the true role is to save the world from evil.

#13 Feb 22, 2009 1:40 AM

ratchet
Website

Also, How would Malefor know there were purple dragons before him if they all destroyed the world?

#14 Feb 22, 2009 1:52 AM

RedDragonX
Website

He was the very first purple dragon wasn't he?...their were no others before him...just after.....and if all of them destroyed the world....I just don't see why Malefor would have been such a big deal....if they knew the purple dragon was going to be evil right out....then why wouldn't they have simply wiped out Spyro's egg in fear of all these other doomsdays the purple dragons created?

So yeah I guess Malefor was lying...Cynder did tell him not to listen to anything he says...

#15 Feb 22, 2009 10:47 PM

TornWings

Oh great, my lighthouse is on fire again, be right back...

#16 Feb 23, 2009 1:41 AM

RedDragonX
Website

Well I don't know. You could take that sentence either way. Personally I don't really care since the game is full of freaking plotholes that annoy the hell out of me.....

#17 Feb 26, 2009 1:44 AM

Sammy The Dragon

#18 Feb 26, 2009 3:14 AM

RedDragonX
Website

Board footer