Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#1 Feb 08, 2009 5:15 AM

fbocabral
Gems: 0

banned for proxy activity

i got a problem at accessing  the forum. I use dial up, so my IP changes everytime i login... sometimes, its displayed the message "your ip has been banned for proxy activity" so i change my IP and it works fine. I guess the forum ban me everytime i log in. So, i believe i have a limitaded number of accessings, since i also have a limitaded number of possible IPs  o_O
I dont even know what is a proxy, and is there a way of solving this problem?

btw, i live in brazil, maybe this proxy thing has something to do with it...

#2 Feb 08, 2009 6:00 PM

Spyro Master

Re: banned for proxy activity

i think u should talk to reddragon m8 he uses dial up he could help u

#3 Feb 08, 2009 6:50 PM

A Guy
Website

Proxies are servers that take requests from client computers and forward it to other servers. Since proxies have different IPs than the client computer, they are often used to bypass bans and stuff.

#4 Feb 08, 2009 7:38 PM

Spyro Master

so does that mean he is banned o.O

#5 Feb 09, 2009 5:51 PM

Stormy
Administrator
Award: Admin
Gems: 540
Birthday: 3 April
Website

PM me the IPs that have been banned and I'll unban them for you.

As A Guy suggested, due to banned members trying to bypass their bans, the forum's protection against proxies was increased. Unfortunately this seems to have led to a few members having their IPs banned by mistake.

#6 Feb 09, 2009 10:15 PM

Spyro Master

is there anyway to fix it so it dosent happen to people again like fbocabrel? otherwise this will just repeat itself

#7 Feb 09, 2009 10:23 PM

Stormy
Administrator
Website

I don't know. I didn't make the proxy blocker. tongue

#8 Feb 09, 2009 10:50 PM

Spyro Master

ok lol then who did? im guessing spyrorocks will appear in a second, also shouldnt you have that sort of power to remove it or something

#9 Feb 09, 2009 11:00 PM

Stormy
Administrator
Website

No, Spyrorocks made it. But I can unban the IPs that get sent there by mistake.

#10 Feb 09, 2009 11:02 PM

Spyro Master

ok kl not sounding weird or anything bt its good to know what moderators can do with the powers you have got smile what other stuff can mods do on here?

#11 Feb 09, 2009 11:11 PM

Stormy
Administrator
Website

Moderators can lock, move, and delete threads; delete and edit posts; ban and unban members; and edit their avatars, signatures, etc. Only when called for, though. wink

#12 Feb 09, 2009 11:16 PM

Spyro Master

kl sounds good lol u could make everyone into stormy then lol if u can edit avatars and signatures that would b scary then O.o lol jst kidding also while im talking to u is it ok if now i can take away those artists names now bt i will from now on giv credit to those artists when someone comments about the banner jst wondering thats all if its a no i will keep the names of the artists there

#13 Feb 09, 2009 11:30 PM

Stormy
Administrator
Website

It really should have been up to the original artist whether you should be able to use it at all in the first place.

#14 Feb 09, 2009 11:36 PM

Spyro Master

oh er oops ok i will keep the names of who did them then but please can i keep them up i hav tried getting on devianart as an account to contact them but whatever i put the website wont except like when i put in spyro master or other things such as my name bt it wont wrk so is it ok if i leave the names up by the things and then thats the rightful credit for the artist then and everyones happy smile

#15 Feb 10, 2009 12:09 AM

Stormy
Administrator
Website

It's kind of hard to understand what you're saying.... Could you type a little more clearly?

If you're asking if you can keep your signature the way it is, I don't have a clear answer for that as I am neither the original artist or the site administrator. There is no rule that I know of against using other people's art in your signature, but, personally, if people wanted to use my art, I would appreciate it if they asked me first instead of just taking it and saying "Oh, I'm giving credit, so it's OK now." It's more of an etiquette thing than something I can actually control as a moderator.

#16 Feb 10, 2009 12:14 AM

Spyro Master

oh ok i will continue to try and contact the person, as well as leaving who did the images on devianart its better than doing nothing and also ive tried to make my typing better i got rid of text speaking. But i think looking at your typing i will include commas and full stops from now on would that make it better?

#17 Feb 10, 2009 12:23 AM

Stormy
Administrator
Website

Yes, that is a lot better. Thank you.

Anyway, fbocabral, if you need the IPs unbanned, PM them to me. Spyrorocks might be getting rid of the proxy thing; I don't know.

#18 Feb 10, 2009 12:28 AM

Spyro Master

kl thats good, it was starting to get annoying people not understanding me, first reddragon, then aicebo, then you Stormy. But i have no need to comment on hear anymore so you can lock it lol XD after fbocabral has commented of course big_smile

#19 Feb 11, 2009 2:38 AM

fbocabral

Thank u so much for helping me, guys!!  wink

auhauhauhauah if people who speak english have problems understanding u, imagine me.....XD
just kidding, i understand u (most times)

I dont know my banned IPs 0o i dont even know if theres a way of getting them... but its ok, yet, since im not heving problems accessing the forum (just sometimes, but im worried about the future ^^ and when it comes, ill get some banned IPs random displayed and send them, so i can usem them)

btw, think im gonna contact reddragon, anyway... XD

So sad.... people trying to bypass their bans (when really banned).... tsc tsc dont they have real life??????

#20 Feb 11, 2009 8:52 PM

Spyro Master

Lol good reddragon seems to know a lot about dial up i think, and yeh but my typings ok now, so no more trouble wiv reading my writing O.o hopefully

#21 Feb 12, 2009 11:57 PM

RedDragonX
Website

When it comes to why you keep getting baned at these random visits I can't really say. If you don't use AOL and it's still happening then it might have something to do with whatever system you are running. The only time I was baned on accident was when SR blocked AOL for a time...but that has long since passed.

If it's an issue with your computer or with the type of system you are running then perhaps it's time to update it...but I can't really answer the question as to why it's happening randomly. It has never happened to me using my type of dial up except on accident...so maybe it is something with your computer.

#22 Feb 13, 2009 6:35 PM

Spyro Master

see told you, fbocabral, reddragon does know a lot about it XD

#23 Feb 13, 2009 7:40 PM

RedDragonX
Website

I don't know that much about it. All the advice I can give comes from my own personal experiences on dial up...but in depth I don't know that much compared to many other. Regardless their is nothing more to say on this topic until he decides to let us know about his further problems.

#24 Feb 13, 2009 11:00 PM

Spyro Master

ok, i just thought you would know a lot as you have dial-up, but also yeh no more to say on this, but at least he can talk to you if he has anymore trouble.

Board footer