Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#51 Dec 11, 2008 1:19 AM

Spash the Bandragon
Gems: 2

Re: Solving Unanswered Spyro Questions and Connecting TLOS to the Originals

I already considered this about the instant I beat DotD. I think it could work if a LOT of time passed between DotD and Spyro 1, which probably did.

#52 Dec 26, 2008 11:22 AM

ratchet
Gems: 0
Website

Yes, But short enough time that the name "Spyro" could of came down as legend, Which Would be about say 10, 000 human years at the very most

#53 Dec 26, 2008 5:22 PM

RedDragonX
Website

I guess you could consider something a legend after a few hundred years or so...but 10,000 years would certainly do it lol..

#54 Dec 27, 2008 12:19 AM

ratchet
Website

Yeah, But a million years would be far too much. so something in between would be nice.

#55 Dec 27, 2008 1:12 AM

RedDragonX
Website

Oh yeah...something isn't a legend in a million years...it's just plain forgotten....unless you really make your mark on history...but anyways I would say around 5,000 years or so....but I wouldn't go much over that.

#56 Dec 27, 2008 11:35 AM

ratchet
Website

Hmmm, Yeah, but of cource Australian Aboriginie dreamtime storeys had been past down for over 10, 000 years! So it's defiently plausible!

#57 Dec 27, 2008 9:35 PM

RedDragonX
Website

Well I have never had the opportunity to visit Australia yet lol....I would like to go someday...but as for stories being that old I have no idea really...it's hard to find a story that isn't exaggerated or completely different then what it once was...for stories that go all the way back to 8,000 B.C....my specialty isn't really in ancient ancient history lol...not even Egypt goes back that far...well they do...but not in terms of an empire. Anyways yes you are right...it is very plausible.

#58 Feb 09, 2009 9:57 AM

Spyro Master

kl sounds like a good theorey smile it would hav to take a long time if dragon yrs is such a long time in our yrs or is it the other way around?

#59 Feb 10, 2009 12:57 AM

RedDragonX
Website

Well seeing as how we really can't tell just how Spyro is aging...it's kind of hard to make theories about it....all depends....

#60 Feb 10, 2009 9:19 AM

Spyro Master

Depends on what? but yeh we cant really tell much, there has only been slight references to ages like: 3 years they were in crystal, 10 generations, and also from spyro 2 hunters birthday:22.4.75 . dosent tell us much only a bit though.

#61 Feb 10, 2009 7:29 PM

RedDragonX
Website

It just depends on all the little factors that are present in the games...we can all make a ton of theories about ages and such...but we will never really know I think.

#62 Feb 10, 2009 8:47 PM

Razz
Website

Aww, jee, love you too, Ratchet. >(

I'm just going with the OFFICIAL (as in: stated multiple times by the companies in charge of the franchise) line. LoS is a reboot with no connections to the old games, Insomniac isn't coming back, and the powers that be (Mike Graham and Chris Wilson) have stated that future games are likely going to take place in the setting created for the LoS arc.

The Insomniac games were the best, no contest. But we saw what happened when other developers tried to work in those settings: we got nightmares like EtD and games that, at best, were boring (AHT). The old series had it's chance and it nearly killed the franchise. It was decided that Spyro would be taken in a new direction (LoS) and that's that.

Chris Wilson stated in an interview that they knew they were going to lose some fans when they created LoS and that they were willing to make that sacrifice. They're not going to throw away five years of hard work and a series of games that's selling well (and, hate it all you want, but LoS is a money maker) just because of some complaining fans. Game critics, in general, liked LoS well enough and so did the average consumer. Heck, the trilogy is popular enough to get a movie made.

Honestly, I don't care either way. I'm just happy the Spyro franchise is still alive after ten years. Most games can't say the same, especially games that had a string of really horrible games that nearly killed their whole franchise. But I am SO sick of all the whining in regards to these games. Just be glad Spyro isn't run by Sega and be happy. Yeesh.

#63 Feb 10, 2009 9:58 PM

Spyro Master

"the powers that be (Mike Graham and Chris Wilson) have stated that future games are likely going to take place in the setting created for the LoS arc." Really? i didnt know about this. Can you send me a link about them saying about this if thats ok Razz. Also im not one of the moaners like it says on my signature i like both of the series really, (yes i know the picture confuses what it says there but i just like the picture) and as long as it keeps going im happy i just want it to carry on another 10 years, and then another etc. big_smile

#64 Feb 10, 2009 10:12 PM

Razz
Website

It's in one of the topics at Sierra Forums. Looks for the users Mike@Sierra and Chris@Sierra (or was it Chris Wilson@Sierra?). They actually posted a lot there.

#65 Feb 10, 2009 10:21 PM

Spyro Master

ok thx razz i will look there after ive finished on here thx smile

#66 Feb 12, 2009 12:31 AM

RedDragonX
Website

I've told you before where to find that SM lol....and I have been preaching the exact same thing she said throughout any of the topics relating to this. Their is no reason for them to do it...nor do they want to. Simple enough.

#67 Feb 12, 2009 9:51 AM

ratchet
Website

#68 Feb 12, 2009 7:47 PM

RedDragonX
Website

She was simply stating her opinion if they will ever be connected...that has to do with the topic even if she broke it down into several other catagories. You're just the one who breaks it apart little by little and goes about trying to think of something against you in each little spot.

I'm pretty sure all you had to do was respond by saying "Yeah I don't agree with that." Instead of breaking it down into the same thing about 6 different times....but that's just me tongue

#69 Feb 12, 2009 8:50 PM

Razz
Website

My objection to this entire post is this:

"I'm going to go with Razz on this one, like I always do, so no!"

If you didn't want me to respond, you shouldn't have put a rather snide and rude choice in the poll in the first place.

#70 Feb 12, 2009 9:03 PM

Spyro Master

Anyways i think that even though it would be nice for it to happen it isnt, as many people have shown with the various points on previous pages. It would be good as well as it would mabye combine original and TLOS spyros together, (and i like both), which is good as then no more arguements but then again no more arguements is kind of bad lol

#71 Feb 12, 2009 11:23 PM

RedDragonX
Website

If any arguments break out about LoS and the Originals then the thread will be locked as the moderators do not want to put up with more flame wars right now..and I don't blame them.

#72 Feb 13, 2009 12:06 AM

Razz
Website

It's like I said back when TEN came out, it might be fun to connect the two series but it doesn't make so much sense. How do you go from "Doom, doom, DOOM!" to "Hey, everyone, let's play cat hockey!" I'm sure a decent fanfic writer can pull it off, but that's where a combination of the reboot and the old games should stay.

#73 Feb 13, 2009 12:12 AM

RedDragonX
Website

Agreed on that one. Even fanfiction authors can't do it and make it relativaly good...it's very hard to pull off.

#74 Feb 13, 2009 12:21 AM

Razz
Website

The only author I saw who came close to attempting this and making it good was ScarabDynasty, and her's wasn't connecting the old and the new series. It was a fic dealing with different universes in Spyro canon (I think there were five, but the only three I can remember outright are LoS, Insomniac, and an alternate of Insomniac in which Spyro, too, was frozen in crystal). Alas, she stopped working on it, but what she got done was awesome.

#75 Feb 13, 2009 12:41 AM

RedDragonX
Website

Yes I do remember seeing that one...but yes it did stop before anything large could get going...quite sad really. The only other person who has managed to somewhat do it is Jami's....but his never had that large an audience.

I'm thinking about an idea for one of mine in the future...but I have to focus on my first ones and get those finished at once.

Board footer