You are not logged in.

#1 Aug 19, 2008 10:18 PM

Keby
Gems: 0
Website

Worth Getting?

Okay, I used to play the original three Spyro games and they are the greatest of all time.  I then got the Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning and found that it was a totally different type of game all together.  I hear that this game and a Hero's Tail are like the original Spyro's in play style.  I also hear that this game is INCREDIBLY bad!  Is it worth playing this game then a Hero's Tail or should I just skip it altogether?  A Hero's Tail is not a continuation is it?

#2 Aug 20, 2008 12:21 AM

Kazoobie64
Website

Re: Worth Getting?

If you're asking if it's important to play it so you won't be confused with the story in A Hero's Tail, no. I don't think they ever make a reference to anything that's happened in Enter the Dragonfly in A Hero's Tail, but I can't fully remember. I've never played Enter the Dragonfly and I'm fine, both stories are just a bunch of nonsense with the bad guys anyway. If you must play one or the other, play A Hero's Tail. I find A Hero's Tail to be mediocre and bland, too linear, and often frustrating because of its unfairness (Like those Sparx games) but it has its moments, I guess. It's worth a try.

#3 Aug 20, 2008 12:59 AM

Paranoia
Award: contest mod
Gems: 136
Birthday: 6 February
Website

I liked A Hero's Tail. It wasn't as good as the originals, but good anyways. I would recommend that game.

Enter the Dragonfly=Waste of money. It was just a crappy remake of the original games. Too many glitches, cheesy characters, and a dumb story. It might have been better if they took more time on it. It's basically the game that gives Spyro a bad name.

That's my say. Hope it helps. smile

#4 Aug 20, 2008 3:08 PM

Trasher258
Website

I don't care how it looks but how it functions

#5 Aug 22, 2008 7:50 PM

Keby
Website

Okay, thanks for the help, I guess I will just play them both and see how they are for myself.

#6 Aug 23, 2008 8:37 AM

spyromaster330

This game was ok. I liked it more than AHT at least. But i don't know if i would recommend it to anyone. It wasnt that great. It's extremely bad compared to the orignals i reckon. It'll probably get annoying with all of its glitches and everything. I'd just say that you should rent it first and see if you like it.

#7 Aug 27, 2008 2:43 PM

Dragonstar

ETD was pretty fun except for the long time it takes to load.

#8 Oct 12, 2008 1:49 PM

SpyroFan2071

the game was OK...  i got it cause i was 6 and was like "YAY! A DRAGON GAME!!!" and i didnt even pass it yet. its to hard for me.... and im 11 years old now!!

im getting a hero's tail tommorrow (hopefully) and the Spyro the dragon game tuesday so im thinkin those two would be easyer, and better then enter the dragonfly...

my vote, dont get it. its a waste of money. get a hero's tail instead cause it got some pretty good reviews!

WHOOOO 11 days till christmas!! I CANT WAIT!

#9 Oct 24, 2008 8:16 PM

Keby
Website

Alright, thanks.  I will probably end up buying it however, because here it is only $4.99.

#10 Oct 25, 2008 2:33 AM

ratchet
Website

Both A Hero's Tail and ETD are crap, But I Recommend you get them anyway, you might like them!

#11 Oct 25, 2008 3:04 AM

Keby
Website

#12 Oct 26, 2008 6:58 PM

DragonLadyArts
Website

Well, If your a spyro fan then get it but I'll warn you this game is not very good. Anybody that isn't a fan....DON'T BUY IT!!!!!!!!

Board footer