You are not logged in.

#1 Feb 20, 2007 2:02 PM

Gnice Gnorc
Gems: 0

BEST FINAL BATTLE EVER!

I LOVED THE DOGFIGHT WITH RIPTO!
Best spyro last boss ever! (As long as you didn't cheat with the infinite super flame)
The Gnasty Gnorc last battle was awesome, but anti-climactic & easy.
The sorceress battle too was great, with one of the GREATEST video game cliffhangers EVER! But it was too plain, & the secret sorceress dogfight was just rushed & silly.
& DON'T get me started on the PS2 Spyro last battles! (see Spyro: enter the Dragonfly forums for my harshest EVER rating of a last boss)
This battle was A-W-E-S-O-M-E (That spells awesome)
what's your favourite Spyro boss?

WAKE UP & SMELL THE DRAGON BREATH!!!

#2 Mar 12, 2007 6:54 PM

madspyro

Re: BEST FINAL BATTLE EVER!

it is an exiting yet hard battle, i say, yay

#3 Mar 12, 2007 7:17 PM

Rexy
Website

Though I would rank Gulp a little bit higher than Ripto on the awesome boss list, the Spyro 2 bosses in general - though there were fewer - were absolutely powerful when it came to the layouts and whatnot. I personally found it hard to choose between Ripto and the Sorceress for the best ever final boss battle, though I do agree that the secret fight with the Sorceress at the end was a little tame.

Nonetheless, Ripto was fun to fight, and odds are he'd still be now. I remember having many memories over struggling to get through certain elements of the boss >.>

Also, this is a question for those that have the PAL version (Gateway to Glimmer) - when I heard the audio files from G-Hotel, the boss fight from Ripto had some chanted vocal applied on top of the backing music. I can't remember that being in the PAL version, though did anyone actually experience that? (if so, then I blame my TV...)

#4 Mar 26, 2007 3:25 PM

DanteAndVergil
Birthday: 4 April

the last boss fight was way to easy i didnt like it the original spyro's boss was more challenging that this. sorry excuse for a boss RIPTO SUCKED.

#5 Mar 26, 2007 5:44 PM

Rexy
Website

All that you did with the bosses for Spyro 1 was chase them around in one area, flame them, go to the next area, flame them again, go to the next area and flame them again; sounded really basic. The only exceptions to that rule were Metalhead (where there were only two phases and you have to charge the pylons to short circuit him) and Gnasty Gnorc (where said first phase of the routine was replaced with chasing thieves to unlock the way to get to him).

The bosses in Spyro 2 actually felt more like a battle rather than a chasing routine, and Spyro and/or the boss itself would actually utilise any distinct features of the area to their advantage. Like with Crush's Dungeon, Crush was able to use the glowing platforms on the floor to send fireballs and electric beams towards Spyro. And in Gulp's Dungeon and Ripto's Arena, projectiles were dropped down in order to aid the combatants in taking down their opponent. It sounds so much more rewarding than the Spyro 1 bosses if you ask me, especially since the fight against Ripto came in several phases and variants.

#6 Mar 28, 2007 11:24 AM

TB
Website

I agree with Rexy! The bosses in Spyro 1 were alot simpler than Spyro 2. The only thing I didn't like about them, thoguh, was that there wasn't a cool little level leading up to them. But that's not all that important!

#7 Apr 22, 2007 5:06 AM

ratchet
Website

#8 Jun 06, 2007 3:05 PM

Snake__

i like the Gulp fight ... Why ? because ( i think)  this arena is the hardest arena in the Spyro 2 (or maybe the Ripto's arena is hard like Gulp's ... hmmm ) but i like this boss fight big_smile

I was confident ... but now i am perfect

#9 Jun 06, 2007 7:54 PM

ontels

defintly my faverout boss in the entire series is the sorcerer I love it when you fly around on that littel UFO and shoot the sorcerer

wink

#10 Jul 17, 2007 6:25 PM

Cyriltheiceguardian

I think the boss fights in this game is great. I like Crush's Dungeon best.

Cyriltheiceguardian in the house, so hide the children!

#11 Aug 17, 2007 2:25 PM

Poppy

I don't like boss fights that much to be honest. I liked the ones in Spyro 1 best. Especially Jacques for some reason...apart from that I can't say.

xxxx  HUNTER 4 BIANCA xxxx

#12 Aug 17, 2007 5:23 PM

Snake__

i think the best boss fight is Ripto's fight!  big_smile

I was confident ... but now i am perfect

#13 Aug 18, 2007 6:17 PM

SpyroxEmber
Website

Yeah, I just beat Ripto's Rage a couple days ago and I think it was probably the best boss fight. I thought it was really fun. Getting the orbs before Ripto was a chore, though. O.o

But the end where you got to fly was great! But I think maybe a bit easy. It wasn't that hard to hit him.

The only complaint I have about the fight is when ever you died, you started at the very beginning again. Not like in ANB whereas you get rid of a bar of health and you die, you start at the last bar of health or where ever you left off.

#14 Aug 19, 2007 1:21 AM

Bee

I like the Gulp fight the best, I don't really like Crush's. But I do like Ripto's. But I can't beat Ripto! I had to get my 8 year old brother to do it, how sad is that?

#15 Dec 05, 2007 12:49 AM

Hotelmotelholidayinn
Website

Wow, this is a coincidence.  A few weeks ago I played Ripto's final battle and considered it fun and exciting, and then on the same day I discovered this forum thread where many people seem to agree!

PS: I also kind of hated having to start from the very beginning when dying, but I thought it would kind of make the game too easy if I didn't.

#16 Dec 06, 2007 11:32 PM

Trasher258
Website

There's a cheat for spyro 3 to make bosses take longer to beat. Oh, my favorite boss for this game is Ripto.

I don't care how it looks but how it functions

#17 Dec 09, 2007 4:28 AM

Hotelmotelholidayinn
Website

#18 Dec 10, 2007 1:25 AM

KingSkarl
Website

Ah i agree with ya smile Ripto was probably one of the best battles it was exiting and fun to beat.

I liked crush battle alot to.

"Crush, Go through the portal you idiot!" ~ Ripto

#19 Mar 08, 2008 3:47 AM

spyromaster330

Ripto was really fun. I liked Gulp best after that and then i liked Crush. Crush was still good but Gulp and Ripo were better battles.

#20 Mar 10, 2008 1:29 AM

SpyroLover12

i owned Ripto but i didnt like Him that much Gnorck battle was more funner i neva battled The Spyro 3 Boss well i did but my game was bugged up id be upto my First egg then ill save ill load and ill be upto the 3rd Last Boss (ETC) Cos my game was a copy sad

#21 Mar 10, 2008 7:17 AM

Misa

I love battling Ripto, iit was a challage but fun. The last bit, where Spyro flys I LOVE IT! ^^

#22 Mar 13, 2008 8:40 AM

spyromaster330

is there a cheat in spyro 2 to make the bosses longer? they would be funner that way

#23 Mar 17, 2008 2:52 AM

Pete the Iguana

Ripto is definitely my favorite "Final Boss". He's the only one of the originals who gets three life meters and three different modes of combat. It's also cool how they have the different powerups that can be used by you and the enemy.

#24 Mar 17, 2008 8:10 AM

ratchet
Website

all the bosses in this game were fun

#25 Mar 21, 2008 12:28 AM

Misa

You know what would be cool? if there was robot Crush as well as robot Gulp

Board footer