Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jan 13, 2007 9:59 PM

LoneKnight
Gems: 0
Website

Spyro Map Builder

Okay, those of you who are experienced with the Spyro 1-3 games (wait that's all of you) know that Spyro 2 and 3 are amazingly similiar to each other. Spyro 3 is just Spyro 2 but with some new technologies and upgrades.

The way a game is made, the programmers make tools for the level designers to build the game with. Wouldn't it be awesome if that builder was ever made public so you could make your own Spyro maps, quests, conversations, and adventures?

#2 Jan 14, 2007 12:10 AM

Shyro

Re: Spyro Map Builder

That would be sweet and post self made lvls, oh That would result in major increase in fan games  smile

#3 Jan 14, 2007 2:26 AM

Hurricos_McBreixo

big_smile Haha, that'd be great! Now, if only we knew someone on the inside of insomniac who could give us this program. Heck, somebody might've posted it on the net in the form of Visual Basics program or sommat. Either way, I wish we could find it.

#4 Jan 14, 2007 3:13 AM

LoneKnight
Website

Well there is a problem...Have you ever emailed Insomniac Games about Spyro? Odds are they put themselves as far away as possible from it because they aren't legally allowed to disclose it, because they don't own it, just telling you to go to Viviendi. Ask Viviendi, and they'll tell you they don't know because Insomniac made the original games.

It's a mess. I bet if it was unofficial, some level designer from Insomniac would release it...

#5 Jan 20, 2007 7:24 PM

Hurricos_McBreixo

#6 Jan 25, 2007 1:56 AM

LoneKnight
Website

Wow nice find. I will follow through with this and see how far the rabbit hole goes....

Board footer