Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#1 Apr 30, 2008 9:38 PM

CynderFan101
Gems: 0

OK I DO NOT UNDERSTAND THIS!!!

Ok, In ANB, Cynder had one power and that was fire.  And Now in Dawn of The Dragon, she has four.  WHAT THE H*LL?!  And she also has poison, shadow, fear, and wind.  Okay, I can understand the fear/shadow thing, but I thought purple dragons like Spyro were the only ones that could have that many powers.  WHAT THE F*CK?!  I mean, there's nothing wrong with that.  I actually think it's really cool.  But, what happened to her dark flames?  I just don't understand it makes no sense......

#2 Apr 30, 2008 10:15 PM

Kat
Website

Re: OK I DO NOT UNDERSTAND THIS!!!

Well, I assume that it's a natural tie-in with being a black dragon; she controls a specific element, i.e., Dark, but Cynder's powers are just all the variations of that particular element. Spyro's first earth element used those whirlwind things as well as the typical ground stuff, so I guess they're just branches of the same main power, whereas Spyro wields all of the elements and their tie-ins.

Or something.
Maybe Spyro's magical purpleness has been rubbing off on her, I dunno. =P

And perhaps the absence of her dark fire was simply due to the fact it was almost exactly like Spyro's regular flame element, only a shade darker. Either that or it was a bonus for being the Dark Master's servant.
I look forward to using Fear, whatever that is; maybe she'll perform a classic 'evil-Cynder' roar that the minions might remember back when she was on the dark side (of the Force, ahaha, oh I'm so sorry XD), thus making them want to run away onoez.
... I just really wanna do that evil Cynder roar to be honest.

#3 Apr 30, 2008 10:15 PM

Neo Hikato

Personally, I think the new poweres are great. Its a good way to balance things out, since Spyro has 4 powers, it would only be fair if Cynder had 4 powers as well.

#4 Apr 30, 2008 10:20 PM

shade105
Birthday: 23 September
Website

Ok, its just freaking awsome........ and think about her..... there is no element for darkness, and darkness does not have a specific element... I bet the darkness is a dark flame...

#5 Apr 30, 2008 10:23 PM

Razz
Website

I think her new powers sound pretty cool, and I don't think they're unusual at all. Remember that Cynder grew up under the DM's influence and spent at least six months (if not several years) directly under his control. That probably affected her in many ways and gave her more abilities than an ordinary dragon might have. She's good at heart, but just look at the things she has control over: poison, fear? That's pretty harsh and I don't think any dragon who hadn't been corrupted could make use of those powers.

#6 May 01, 2008 1:40 AM

spyro the dragon

#7 May 01, 2008 3:45 AM

Spyrofriend
Gems: 147

Cynders powers are a shootoff of her dark upbringing, but now she's uusing them on Spyro's enemies instead of Spyro. Wind, and Fear are new breaths, and fit in with her well. Appasasrently they are tethered together so it is likely they will fight the Dm together.

#8 May 01, 2008 4:12 AM

Epesi

#9 May 01, 2008 4:47 AM

Spyro_Loves_Me
Website

Poison, shadow, fear, and wind -
Sounds oh so exciting.
smile

#10 May 01, 2008 6:04 AM

ratchet
Website

I am pretty confusedc myself. Firstlt, she's not a purple dragon, so she can not breath more than one breath. Secondly, her element was fire. Thirdly, WHAT KIND OF ELEMENT IS "FEAR" and "SHADOW"?
But whe it comes to gameplay mechanics, having 4 breaths like spyro is a necassary thing otherwise the game would'nt work right.

#11 May 01, 2008 8:34 AM

Zekira Drake

#12 May 01, 2008 10:31 AM

Epesi

#13 May 01, 2008 12:33 PM

Razz
Website

Chris Wilson said she had wind powers in his interview, so that's official.

I don't think Cynder had any powers in ANB that we saw in action. Her ability to breathe fire looked specifically like a gift from the DM, and I noticed that her fire breath was very weak in comparison to Spyro's, which says that it is not a natural power to her.

I wouldn't be surprised if she was born a wind dragon (dusky gray could easily be a wind color) or some other elemental dragon but the DM's influence corrupted even her coloration (something I've theorized in the past).

#14 May 01, 2008 9:01 PM

CynderFan101

I guess so Razz.  Yeah and I did notice her fire breath was weaker than Spyro's.  Also, it was darker colored, meaning that it wasn't as intense.

#15 May 02, 2008 1:15 AM

TheManiacOnWheels

Board footer