Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#1 Apr 25, 2008 7:34 PM

PixelArtist
Gems: 0

rule breaking

1. Don’t spam.
One word posts, too many smilies, or just saying, “I agree with so-and-so” with no worthwhile content is spam. Also, saying “back on topic” or “BOT” is not necessary. Leave that to the moderators.

We’ve had a bit of an issue in the past with users posting spam to increase their post counts or to become a “Spyro Senior.” Please don’t do this. Post count is not important, and no one will respect you any more or less for your post count. If you like your post count, don’t misuse it. We can get rid of it.

2. No flaming/trolling.
Don’t insult other users, especially new members. This includes calling people or their ideas “stupid” or “dumb." If you wouldn’t like it if someone said it to you, keep it to yourself.

3. No art theft.
If you didn’t draw it, don’t say you did. You WILL get caught. This will result in a ban and possible removal from the fan-art group if you are a member.

4. Try not to double post.
Just edit your last one. The edit button looks like this () and can be found in the upper right corner of your post.

5. No profanity or inappropriate content.
Remember that this is a forum for E-rated games. We do have users under 13 here, so no sexual or other inappropriate content. If you must link to mature content, give a warning first so our younger users can choose not to see it. If in doubt, don’t post it at all. USE YOUR COMMON SENSE! Anything found to be inappropriate will be removed.

6. Try to be intelligent when writing.
This is a forum, not a chat room. If you post like this…

Quote:
lyk3 omg wtf n00b?!

…you will get a warning. Not only is it annoying, it’s spam and it’s just plain unintelligent. If you’re going to act like a 5-year-old, you don’t need to be here. Save it for the spam forum.

7. Don’t post large images.
Please link to them. Our dialup users will appreciate it. An image is considered “large” at __x__ pixels or more.

8. Make sure your signature is not too big.
Good banner sizes are around 468x60 or 728x90. If it stretches the page width, don't use it, or spyrorocks will be mad.  The administration can remove your privilege of having a signature if it is too large.

9. Use the report button. ()
If someone is breaking the rules, don’t correct him or her. Membrating, or member moderating, is not a way to earn respect. If you think something is really an issue, use the report button on the corner of every post and let Spyrorocks, LoneKnight, or myself take care of it. We’ll try to get to it as quickly as possible.

10. The administration reserves the right to delete anything found to be inappropriate or ban any user not obeying the rules.
If you disagree with a decision made by a moderator or administrator, talk to him or her in a private message. If something was deleted, chances are it was for a good reason.

I SEE ALOT OF RULE NUMBER THREE HAPPENING!
AND RULE NUMBER ONE !!!!!

#2 Apr 25, 2008 10:17 PM

Spyrorocks
Administrator
Award: Admin
Gems: 4
Website

Re: rule breaking

People don't follow rules sometimes. Its a fact of life, and they will be punished.

#3 Apr 26, 2008 5:31 AM

cynderfan
Website

#4 Apr 26, 2008 10:46 AM

PixelArtist

lol hum... my message seems to be to short xD well i guess it is a way of life...

#5 Apr 26, 2008 10:49 PM

Doppelgangergang
Banned

Sometimes, people need to be reminded with rules. They forget.

#6 Apr 26, 2008 11:40 PM

bmah

Board footer