You are not logged in.

#1 Dec 27, 2006 10:03 AM

DragonspiritPT
Gems: 0

DS or PSP?

Ok... I don't know what to choose... DS or PSP?
I think the PSP is better. My 9 years old brother says that he likes more the DS. So, help me out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If I buy a DS, is going to be a DS Lite. If I buy a PSP, it will come with a 2Gb card. Give your opinions.

#2 Dec 27, 2006 11:58 AM

Spyroflamesredsbum
Gems: -5

Re: DS or PSP?

WAAAHAAAA *twitches eye* GET A PSP.......no wait...A DS lite.....no aaaaaahhhhh GET BOTH XD
Im all CRAZY CONFUSED cuz i got both mad DSs ROCK DUUDE so PWN i got lotz o games on mine *twitches eye* UuUuHHHH BuUuuuUUuuuuTTTTTT da PSP has way betta games (in effects i mean) dadadadadahhahaahah dsjfhadhgjlshdgljfdghh..........BLEH BLAH ITS UP TO UUuUUUUU wat do u wanna get!!!!????

#3 Dec 27, 2006 2:26 PM

DragonspiritPT

lol...I don't know! That's why I'm asking opinions! smile big_smile

#4 Dec 27, 2006 7:12 PM

Zerodius

Nintendo DS, no contest.

Nintendo DS is not only a better designed system and is less expensive, but it also got the better games. Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow & Portrait of Ruin, Meteos, Kirby Canvas Curse, Final Fantasy 3 DS, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, New Super Mario Bros, Tetris DS, and many, many more which I forget. It can also play GBA games, which is a plus.

What do PSP got? Don't let the superior technical power fool you. It doesn't got a lot going for it actually. Remakes that are marred by bad design and gameplay decisions (as well as the PSP's controls being just plain bad) and lots, lots of sucky games. It DOES have a few good games... but its main use is to go on the internet... which shouldn't interest you if you got a computer. It can do emulation... but then, so can your computer. In short, waste of time and money.

Avoid the PSP. Just avoid it. You shall thank me later.

#5 Dec 27, 2006 8:51 PM

Spyrorocks
Administrator
Award: Admin
Gems: 4
Website

Me, being a owner of both, have to say that you get more "bang for your buck" with a PSP.

PSP is a multimedia system that can do, well, prettymuch anything a ds can do (exept play ds games at this moment). On a psp, you can play gba games, nes games, snes games, n64 games, ps1 games, and a lot others too. PSP has a huge homebrew catalog on the internet. PSP games are also really rich in graphics. very nice 3d rendering etc. Video, music, and pictures are also played right off of the psp.

As for processing power, DS has a 166mhz processor, compaired to the psp's  333mhz processor. The power of the ds is no match for the psp. (Thats why NDS emulators for psp should come out soon). Although you can play game son emulators on the pc, its much more fun to play them on a handheld.

PSP is also getting really cheap too. Best buy a psp.

#6 Dec 27, 2006 9:35 PM

Zerodius

Well, Spyrocks does state some points...

... but the problem is that his points are well, invalid.

Let us contradict each of them...

1- "The PSP can do all the DS can do!"
Doesn't matter. The main point of a console is to buy it for ITS GAMES. What good is it if the games designed for it are bad?

2- "The PSP is a multimedia machine!"
Hahaha. Let me laugh. If you want multimedia, get a MP3 player and a DVD player. You will get higher quality for a lower price.

3- "The PSP is a great emulation machine!"
True... until you realize that the PSP is awfully designed. D-pad doesn't respond correctly, joystick is awfully placed and designed, square button case. It sucks, period.

If you want a gaming machine, the Nintendo DS is better.

If you want a multimedia machine, a MP3 player and a DVD player will serve you better.

The PSP is a scam. How anyone can remotely respect is due to two reasons:

1-Said person is a Sony fanboy (SHAME ON YOU!)
2-Said person is embarassed of having bought the console and compensate for it by hailing it as such a great thing... when it truly is bad.

I would like to say that this is my opinion on the matter... but the PSP is pretty much a hopeless case.

#7 Dec 27, 2006 9:41 PM

Klone
Website

#8 Dec 27, 2006 9:53 PM

Spyrorocks
Administrator
Website

#9 Dec 27, 2006 11:03 PM

Stormy
Administrator
Gems: 540
Birthday: 3 April
Website

These comparing console threads never get anywhere, no matter where you post them.... -_-

Zerodius, please. Spyrorocks has his opinion and you have yours. Don't call someone a fanboy just because he prefers one over another.

Spyrorocks, I know I can't tell you what to do on your own forum, and you'll probably get *bleep*ed at me again, but Zerodius did have some valid points, such as "the Nintendo DS has better games."

Here is my opinion:

I have never played PSP. The games on it are of no intrest to me. The only reason I bought a DS was because there was a Spyro game on it and I knew the other games would probably be good as well. It all depends on what games you like, that's what I think.

#10 Dec 27, 2006 11:54 PM

Spyrorocks
Administrator
Website

Yeah, ds does have some pretty cool games, but for your money, PSP.

#11 Dec 27, 2006 11:58 PM

Klone
Website

I agree, it's a DVD player, Handheld games Console MP3 play, and Picture gallery all in one place!!

#12 Dec 28, 2006 12:00 AM

Spyrorocks
Administrator
Website

Correct. If you like multimedia + some games, go psp. If you want it purly for games, go ds + Supercard SD (google it).

#13 Dec 28, 2006 9:47 AM

DragonspiritPT

I think I'm getting a PSP... I have a PS2 and I plan to buy a PS3. So it's the best choice. Thank you all!

#14 Dec 28, 2006 8:17 PM

Spyrorocks
Administrator
Website

Your welcome!

Board footer