Gems: 0

Re: By far the best game in the series.

I have my best memories of Spyro the Dragon (pt.1),
but I have to say this game was the coolest to play smile

#77 Jan 18, 2011 2:35 PM

Mad Dragon

Best of the 3 Easily. And why did they Replace Orbs in Winter Tundra... What would be the point of even having the orbs in the game? You may as well just make it gems and Talismans... They did it to make it a bit more fun... and Plus... Orbs were the rewards for the mini-games that were implemented.. Sure.. They could've done gems instead but it was just better.

Of course it annoyed me as I only use to care about getting to the end of the game when I was Young. I'd get all the Talismans, maybe a quarter of the gems and next to no orbs...  get to Winter Tundra and I need to get 40 orbs? I was angry that day >.< lol...

But yes... The best part of the Game would have to be the Music for me. The Music works so well with each of the environments. The best decision they ever made was getting Stewart Copeland.

The Gameplay and Level design weren't far behind. They were both quite nicely done as well.

Plus. I got to meet Moneybags XD Best Character they ever created (Next to Spyro)

#78 Nov 05, 2011 12:22 PM

BrittMCR

This was the first Spyro game I ever played and it's my favorite
I spent so many hours playing, and I never got tired of it :')

#79 Nov 05, 2011 5:19 PM

36IStillLikeSpyro36
Award: Globmod
Gems: -4,018
Website

same, this was my first Spyro game (i think), and i just love it. you know what else is great? the music in the homeworlds.

#80 Nov 29, 2011 2:21 AM

Ripto2

This was my first Spyro and will always be my favorite. Love the gameplay and the characters

#81 Dec 11, 2011 11:01 AM

GLYgames
Website

I know I may be a bit late in saying this, but this was by far the best! The first one started of the whole Spyro series, and was brilliant! The second one was amazing, it had all of the orbs, talismans, new characters, awesome homeworlds and music which was EPIC! Although I liked the 3rd one it was a bit drawn out and it took long to get 700 gems in lots of the last levels! My favourite was easily Spyro 2, I had the most fun playing it and the talismans were just amaizng! I just LOVE the game, the series (only first 3) and most importantly Spyro!

#82 Dec 11, 2011 8:19 PM

MoonDragoness
Website

My favorite was the first, I do believe, because I never got bored with it and it wasn't too challenging or too easy.

#83 Jul 20, 2012 10:33 PM

Namba
Gems: 40
Website

Best game, beautiful graphics for it's time, but not the best soundtrack. Stuart Copeland's best work was by far in the third game (if you don't know who Stuart Copeland is, look up The Police. He was their drummer).

#84 Jul 21, 2012 2:34 AM

36IStillLikeSpyro36
Award: Globmod
Gems: -4,018
Website

i love the music in the homeworlds, so hypnotic and beautiful. the other stuff was good, not the greatest music in the entire world like you said, but the homeworlds are just awesome to me.

IT'S DOESN'T HAVE AN APOSTROPHE IN THAT CONTEXT

#85 Jul 21, 2012 3:34 AM

Namba
Website

#86 Jul 22, 2012 4:52 PM

MoonDragoness
Website

Yeah, I would have to say the first is the best. Though I like all the first three. The first one just seems to outweigh the others in it's awesomeness.

The music, the colorful worlds, the witty dragons, not too challenging nor too easy, I've definitely played this game the most out of the three.

The other two have their ups too, I love them all <33

#87 Jul 22, 2012 11:38 PM

Namba
Website

#88 Jul 23, 2012 8:34 AM

Nobololol

This is the best game in the series. I like how the mini games are inside the levels differently than in Year Of The Dragon (you go through portal to mini games). The game feels more connected. Also I like the story and bosses more.

#89 Jul 23, 2012 2:34 PM

Namba
Website

#90 Sep 16, 2012 4:58 AM

M3AD0W

I agree with Ripto's Rage being the best in the franchise.  It's actually my favourite game of all time.  Not just Spyro game, literally, game of all time.  It's very magical, taking me out of reality and transporting me to Avalar.  Exploring the portals are like a naturally high for me.  YotD is great, but like someone else said before,the game feels more connected.  And you just gotta love the controversy between Breeze Harbour and Zephyr.

"If Insomniac KEPT Spyro, we wouldn't have Ratchet & Clank.  The fact that they didn't means we DO, but now Spyro has been brutally *bleep*ed and hurt.  We can't win either way!"

#91 Sep 30, 2012 10:04 PM

Spyro-Flame

I actually think this game is my least favorite of the classics, ranking #3. The other two did more for me then this one.

#92 Jul 16, 2014 9:10 PM

Attackfrog277

This was my 1st Spyro game! Played it to death and It's probably my favourite. But for some reason, now that I've played the 1st one, I'm always drawn to it more as a pass time. I think the same happened to me when I play New super Mario bros. It could be the linear and straight foreword gameplay.

Board footer