Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jan 31, 2008 8:26 PM

princessmean1
Gems: 0

please help a mom out on Spyro Eternal Night

Ok, I am trying to save money and bought my kids used games, but I didn't get the game manual so I can help them out playing them.  My daughter picked out Spyro, the Eternal Night (for gameboy advance sp). ?She tried playing it but got so frustrated she started  :'( .  Can anyone tell me where on line I can download a FREE copy on the game?  Or can anyone tell me how to get started?  Like shooting fire, moving, flying etc.....
thanks

sorry about the silly questions, just a mom trying to help her kids.

#2 Jan 31, 2008 8:37 PM

Pip
Website

Re: please help a mom out on Spyro Eternal Night

There is no free, legal version of the game availerble, but have you tried the help menu in the game?
It should give some hints at the controls.
Also, the first part of the game is a tutorial on how to play it, so it shouldn't be too hard.

If this isn't working, I can try and find an online manual smile

#3 Jan 31, 2008 8:42 PM

princessmean1

thanks for the help.  I hate seeing my daughter get all frustrated  >_< and I think the game looks like it could be fun to play.  Lex loves dragons and faeries, so I know she will love this game.  Does anyone know the age limit on this game?  I read somewhere its 10+ and then I saw 7+. Thanks to anyone that can help.   smile

sorry about the silly questions, just a mom trying to help her kids.

#4 Jan 31, 2008 9:21 PM

Trainer_Spyro
Birthday: 1 January
Website

#5 Feb 17, 2008 8:41 PM

EricChristianOlsenFanatic
Birthday: 1 November

Hello,
my name is Lindsey Rapisarda and I am currently searching for a Nintendo Wii. I have been searching for a couple of months now and was wondering what's the easiest way to find one? I called Gamestop and asked and I called Target and Best Buy and Circuit City and many other stores. Should I try getting one online like ebay or something? Please help me! I really want to play the 2nd Spyro game!!!

Thanks,
Justin Long Fanatic

neutral

I have changed my username from Justin Long Fanatic to EricChristianOlsenFanatic, so Justin Long Fanatic is my old name on this site, and EricChristianOlsenFanatic is my new one.

#6 Feb 17, 2008 9:03 PM

Spyro

#7 Feb 17, 2008 9:39 PM

bmah

Nintendo Wii's are still very popular so I'm not surprised if they are often sold out at your local electronics store. Don't bother getting a Wii on eBay; it's better to wait out and ask when the next available shipment of Wii's will arrive.

#8 Feb 17, 2008 10:14 PM

Spyro

They won't tell you when the shipments will arrive. These are the stores I went to for a Wii:

2 K-Marts
2 Wal-Marts
Target
Shop-Ko
Best Buy
Radio Shack
EB Games
Gamestop
2 private video game stores: VideoGames, Etc. and Triple Play
Toys R' Us
A private toy store: Pixie Stix

I have repeatedly gone to these stores and it is always the same answer: they don't know when the next shipment is coming, no they can't tell me when the next shipment is coming, no I can't reserve a Wii.

So I went to ebay, instead and got a Wii for $305. That's just $55 over store price, and equal to the cost of one game. So I sacrifice one game to get the Wii months sooner than I would if I wait for it. That was reasonable to me.

#9 Feb 18, 2008 7:42 AM

bmah

You have to take other things into consideration when going on eBay such as:
- product quality (is the Wii in good condition?)
- caveat emptor (ie. "buyers beware" - is the product going to be shipped as described?)
- insurance on possibly damaged goods
- shipping and handling costs
- the nature of bidding

IMO, it's still waaay better to get a Wii in a store. When you see one, nab it. Although still very popular, they're far from impossible to find, and I presume that most people will get them from the store anyways. Aaand, it doesn't hurt to ask anyways, despite the fact that Spyro had little luck in doing so.

#10 Feb 18, 2008 3:28 PM

Spyro

All good points, however if you're a smart shopper then no problem. My seller had 104 positive responses ... so 100% customer satisfaction and that included previous Wii sales.

Again, in all I paid $305... a very fair price to pay to not have to wait, it simply means one less game in the years to come all in the name of getting a Wii weeks to months earlier. I can accept that.

I got the Wii factory sealed and I doubt I'm in the minority for such a thing, or else there'd be a lot less happy Wii purchasers through ebay than you hear about.

The Wii I bid on and won...I came into that auction during the last fifteen minutes and didn't begin bidding until 8 minutes remained. It was a quick, painless and easy "bid battle" for those 8 minutes...I won with ease.

When I went to some of these stores asking if they had Wii shipments in or knew when they'd get a new shipment they treated me like an ignorant idiot. I know very well how hard it is to find a Wii. They treated me like some gaming newbie, some even had smug little smirks when I asked. Not pleasant.

One store I went to (Triple Play) even admitted they hadn't seen a new shipment since the week before Thanksgiving.

I'm not trying to contradict you, bmah, but want to share that two trips to ebay was far more satisfactory and enjoyable than any of my dozens of store trips.

All in all, I got a Wii quick and easy and in brand new condition on ebay. After going to multiple stores dozens of times I got nothing.

Try your luck at a store, but if you are attentive on ebay I think you'd find that far more productive.

#11 Feb 18, 2008 3:41 PM

Thanks you guys, but I will honestly look on ebay cause it seems easier like you said Spyro. I think the stores are a good way to search, but I'll look towards ebay as well. At least the games for the Wii are easy to find....lol!

-Justin Long Fanatic

big_smile

I have changed my username from Justin Long Fanatic to EricChristianOlsenFanatic, so Justin Long Fanatic is my old name on this site, and EricChristianOlsenFanatic is my new one.

#12 Feb 18, 2008 7:47 PM

bmah

Good luck!

Oh, and Spyro, that's awesome that you've found a great alternative to getting a Wii. It might be that Wii's aren't -as- scarce around my city, and that partially influenced my reasoning to go buy one in a store. Similarly, your reasoning was influenced by the experience you've had on eBay. Availability differs from location to location, so check around first. Assuming that Lindsey also had little luck in finding a Wii locally, it' sensible to follow your alternative. I'm open to other suggestions, so I don't take your opinion as an argument Spyro.

#13 Feb 18, 2008 7:54 PM

Spyro

Thank you, bmah and good luck, Justin Long Fanatic!

#14 Feb 18, 2008 10:26 PM

bmah

Is there a problem? >___>

*edit* post above is deleted; disregard this post.

#15 Feb 19, 2008 1:36 AM

Spyro

Consider this a warning, Sails. I already deleted your reply once and you just  re-posted it. There's no value to that post and therefore it's spam. I'm deleting it again, and if you post it again you will get a temp. ban.

Thank you.

#16 Feb 19, 2008 1:58 AM

Lancer232
Website

#17 Feb 19, 2008 10:11 PM

Thank you Lancer232,
I do hope I find one. When I get one the first two games I'll get will be Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night and Super Smash
Brothers Brawl.

-Justin Long Fanatic

#18 Feb 19, 2008 10:24 PM

Sails_the_Fox

sorry  :-[ (darn post to short thingy!)

SF94's brother.

Board footer