#2 Nov 13, 2006 1:07 PM

Zekira Drake
Gems: 0

Re: Next game suggestions

#3 Nov 13, 2006 4:22 PM

Dejablue

Yeah. the constant army of monkey men who did the same tricks over and over again got old quickly.  Their only variance was size and costume design.  With a few "out of the circle" enemies who weren't much of a threat.  If anything they could have given the monkeys a larger variety of attacks.  Something outside of slashing with their claws. Or hitting Spyro with a staff.  It was nice that some of them tried to use machinary.  The train is memorable.  But the turrets are just too easy to avoid. 

Also many people want Sparx's job as the "health meter" to be brought back.  But I think I know the problem with that.  The explosions in this game can be big enough, along with other fighting activity, that you the player would probably loose sight of Sparx on screen quite often.  So you can't even see if you're on low health or on medium or high health.

#4 Nov 14, 2006 6:33 AM

Theory
Website

#5 Nov 14, 2006 1:13 PM

Zekira Drake

#6 Nov 14, 2006 3:01 PM

Dejablue

Yeah the only extra was the Elijah Wood interview, right?  It was interesting but by far it wasn't enough.  The next game  could possily host a score of two player mini games that are unlocked through the single player. At the least, something to pass the time.

#7 Nov 14, 2006 3:01 PM

Spyrorocks
Administrator
Award: Admin
Gems: 4
Website

That would make the game better, but would be very hard to do. you would almost have to make seperate games. ANB used the whole 2.3gb of the gamecube disk. they dont got any more room to expand/be sloppy.

#8 Nov 14, 2006 3:30 PM

Dejablue

Well at the very least it would be in their best interest to give the next game some longevity.  It was incredibly short with nothing much to do afterwards.  There are no note worthy cut scenes to watch again besides maybe 2, no mini games, only One review.  The game should at least be LONGER next time.  It's hard to get people to buy a game they can beat in under  3 days.

And for the sake of homage  to the older games, the worlds could broaden out a bit.  The way ANB played it felt like Jak and Daxter: Dragon Style.  No  exploration included.  It would be nice if rolling hills, caverns, and forests were more open for the players to see.  Obviously the world of Spyro the Dragon is very beautiful place.  The PS2 has enough power to capture beauty and players like eye candy.

Also periodic breaks in the repetitive activity would be greatly appreciated.  Just like the train chase in Munitions Forge.  Things like that give the game more variety.  Maybe  a  breaker should occure in every level at least once.  Or be broken up into small parts.  Because near the end of ANB,  the levels became long and drawn out and almost grating because no end was in sight.  The sad thing about THAT is that the game is  short, but does not make up for this in variety.  A short game can be appreciated if the repetive action is broken up every once in a while.

#9 Nov 16, 2006 2:38 AM

Ekard Shadowreaver

I can't eat my fork without my corn!

...Hold up, wait a second....

#10 Nov 16, 2006 2:43 AM

Paranoia
Award: contest mod
Gems: 136
Birthday: 6 February
Website

#11 Nov 16, 2006 3:07 AM

Dejablue

Light and Dark paths?  Thats a level of maturity I don't think Spyro will ever reach.  And glad of it.  Reminds me too much of Shadow the Hedgehog. *shudders*  But Shadow was on the fence of good and evil anyway.  What reason does Spyro have to be evil?

Why in the world does everybody need to fall in love with somebody else? I mean technically Spyro is barely above hatchling age. I don't think he should be thinking of the opposite sex that way.  At least not yet.

Anyway, the older games had more flying levels.  I'm not sure but I think at least one per homeworld. I really enjoyed those levels because they were free.  In ANB the flight path is fixed like in Star Fox games, but too easy to pass.  If you DIE in one of those flying levels....we need to talk.  Also there were just not enough of them.  Getting chased by Cynder could have been much more fun, and challenging if the flight path was not set on a rail system. But they had a good idea of having Spyro fly to each new world.(Unfortunately they did this only ONCE!)  In this case they could take a page from WindWaker's book, and just like how Link sailed across the ocean to get to each world, Spyro can fly across mountains, ocean, open plains, canyons or anywhere to reach the new world.  And have to dodge obstacles like bad weather and evil minions.  Spyro's world is a magical one, I'm sure they could do BETTER than WindWaker in the World travel aspect.

And sometimes I feel Ice breath and Earth breath are the most un needed.  But since these powers come with the storyline, I doubt they will be taken out.  But Electric Breath kicks tail.  I have gotten out of so many scraps with it.  I don't feel like loosing health to an enemy so I just tossed them off the nearest ledge and they died!

(It's a shame most game developers don't listen to their fans.  If so we could write an essay. A smart non bashing or degrading essay, about our opinions of the game.  If we worded it correctly we could tell Krome what we prefer without it feeling like a "List of Demands" )

#12 Nov 17, 2006 3:55 AM

Ekard Shadowreaver

#13 Nov 17, 2006 4:29 AM

Dejablue

Well Cynder was transformed by the Dark Whatsamawhosit.  But if they did the same thing with Spyro a lot of people might consider it too copy cattish to Jak.

And since Spyro flies, he'd obviously travel faster than Link on water.  And if it took a whole half our to get from one island to another in WindWaker you were most likely lost.  It never takes that long on purpose.  You can't be serious about the 30 minute thing.

EDIT:Oh and speaking of water, who thinks Spyro should get his ability to swim back?

#14 Nov 17, 2006 4:36 AM

Ekard Shadowreaver

#15 Nov 17, 2006 4:41 AM

Dejablue

I liked making Spyro swim around because it's like underwater flying.  And since you got more chances to make him swim than fly, I always made him swim even when he didn't need to.  It was fun.  And I think the next ANB game should include Swimming among Spyro's abilities.

#16 Nov 17, 2006 7:03 AM

Theory
Website

#17 Nov 17, 2006 4:33 PM

Dejablue

Maybe if you barrage Krome with enough e-mails they'll consent to your request.

#18 Nov 17, 2006 6:54 PM

Spyrorocks
Administrator
Gems: 4
Website

Or they will just sue you for harrasment.

#19 Nov 18, 2006 7:36 PM

Dejablue

I want to believe that Krome will listen to fans to some extent.  They've already taken Spryo off the beaten path.

#20 Nov 24, 2006 4:35 PM

Dejablue

I've known one or two people who sent a game developer so many e mails (intelligent well thought out emails)  that the company actually decided it was worth them discussing her concerns with them.

#21 Nov 28, 2006 4:13 PM

Serge165

<b>Elora Quotes</b>
<u>Spyro II</u>
<i>I'm a faun, you dork!
Hunter, stop fidgetting!
Is it working Professor?
</i>
<u>Spyro III:  Year of the Dragon</u>
<i>Just enjoy the party</i>

<B>Elora, please come back!</b>

#22 Feb 13, 2007 6:40 PM

Dejablue

Well whatever happens.  I hope they do a good job.  But I don't want Spyro to TOTALY go down the Jak path.  As in really dark story line from an originally light hearted game.

#23 Feb 13, 2007 9:58 PM

Stormy
Administrator
Gems: 540
Birthday: 3 April
Website

That seems to be where it's headed....

#24 Feb 21, 2007 9:44 PM

Gnice Gnorc

I say,
SCRAP THE ENTIRE IDEA B4 SPYRO IS COMPLETELY DESTROYED!
THINK OF THE DRAGON EGGS! WON'T SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE DRAGON EGGS?!?
BRING BACK INSOMNIAC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WAKE UP & SMELL THE DRAGON BREATH!!!

#25 Mar 29, 2007 5:29 PM

Spyrofriend
Gems: 147

It is obvious that Cynder and Spyro will have a relationship in the next game, possibly the begginning of a romantic one... All the signs are there.. Cynder ans Spyro were the only survivors of the brood that the Guardians were charged to protect, hence they represent the future and hope of the dragon race. After all Ingnitus says that the dragon race's survival depended on those eggs. Since they are the only survivors, in order for the race to survive at some point, Spyro and Cynder will have to mate..

Board footer