Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jan 12, 2008 7:40 AM

ratchet
Gems: 0
Website

My True Opinion on TLOS

I Know alot of people dont care what i have to say about TLOS but im really just going to round up and say what i truely think about TLOS... I think some of you thing that im a TLOS hater and that i dont look at the good things about TLOS, well your quite wrong. Im sure some of you will be pleasently suprised about what i have to say.

Storywise, TLOS is alot more Darker And Epic than the original spyros. And TLOS is obviously hell more involved in it.
I'm not really the biggest fan of Epic Stories but i always liked a bit of epicness in them. Spyro going Epic i really would have ever minded and then TLOS Came. Finally Spyro had that Epic, No hope for the dragons style which i liked. It still had a bit of Humour in it, existing in Sparx... it was good that they made it serious but just kept one character to spice it up a little. However, The old spyro is not very epic. Sure your travelling through vast lands and Evil is lurking but due to the cheery music and the colourful enemies, Allies and Just background it just doesn't seem to be that epic. Instead the originals go for a more funny, semi-epic style.
So we can stop saying epic i should probably stop talking about the story...
All i have to Say is that The Originals were good in story one way and TLOS was good in another.

Gameplay in ANB was very bland to me, nothing really appealing. However, when i first started playing TEN i knew that Krome had learnt from their mistakes. I have not finished TEN yet (Shock) but i know one thing. It still isn't the best.
In the originals, i could play for 5 hours straight but still want to play play play, with ANB and TEN, i always say to myself "i played an hour, thats enough for today" in other words... addiction isn't there. This maybe is because i just dont like action games which is what TLOS Is.... I dont know.
It maybe because the only spyro game Krome played before they made TLOS was AHT.... Just the gameplay in TLOS isn't captavative, Hell TEN is good but just makes you say, "meh".

To Sum it all Up, TLOS and The Originals were good in their own ways... THe Epicness of TLOS made you very emotional and very observing of the sorrounding but the originas were the ones that made Your Brain go 100000 miles an hours and give you a big Grin.
The originals Was alot more creative, TLOS made you cry.
The Gameplay in TLOS wasn't any match for the originals.
The Music was more cheery and entertaining then TLOS though TLOS needed its music to suit it's epic feel.

Listen guys, When i say that TLOS "isn't spyro" dont take it the wrong way.
Im just saying that The Style has changed so much that it hurts the real original lovers. I like The Epic Feel in TLOS and i wish that THe originals could have valued from it. I Am very happy To be a fan Of TLOS, and as some people thing, i dont have TLOS, even when i yell and abuse the games. It may be different or not as fun as the originals but hes still my purple dragon, and i'll stick with him till the end.

#2 Jan 18, 2008 8:03 PM

Iceferno
Website

Re: My True Opinion on TLOS

I hate this game. I'm taking it back tomorrow sad Krome really f***ed up. What else have they done anyway? I've never heard of them...

#3 Jan 18, 2008 9:28 PM

Carrottime

#4 Jan 19, 2008 7:21 PM

Game_Girl_2007

The LoS series did NOT ruin the fandom. Nor would a Spyro movie ruin it. The fans are doing that themselves by their constant whining and complaining about small, idiotic things. It's the Sonic fandom all over again.

#5 Jan 19, 2008 8:16 PM

Iceferno
Website

OK. I'll give it another go. But I really hate any Spyro game being as hard as Spyro 3. I don't really look for difficulty in a game, I jus wanna enjoy playing it.

#6 Jan 20, 2008 10:23 AM

ratchet
Website

#7 Jan 20, 2008 6:23 PM

Iceferno
Website

Oh man, you write such long posts! :S But I agree with what you said at the end. It is just an opinion of mine.

#8 Jan 20, 2008 10:28 PM

ratchet
Website

Normally my posts arn't as long as that, but i was just replying to gamegirl.

#9 Jan 25, 2008 12:19 AM

Iceferno
Website

Anyways, back to what we think of LOS...

I'm thinking perhaps the developers should take a break from making Spyro games for awhile? Maybe they'd have better luck with ideas for a Cynder The Dragon game?

#10 Jan 25, 2008 12:30 AM

Cynder Fan

It wasn't a bad game, IMO.  It could have been better as far as gameplay goes, but it's still very good when compared to some other games.  I have to give it that.

#11 Jan 25, 2008 2:05 AM

ratchet
Website

#12 Jan 25, 2008 2:07 AM

Misa

Is this on Ds? ^.^

#13 Jan 25, 2008 2:08 AM

ratchet
Website

Yes, it is on DS

#14 Jan 25, 2008 5:00 AM

Cynder Fan

#15 Jan 25, 2008 5:45 AM

ratchet
Website

yes, thats very true. Ickey's wild adventure is a platform game, TLOS isn't adventure neither platform its just action, original spyro was action/platformer.
I didn't like ANB, too easy, too short, too repetative.

#16 Mar 14, 2008 10:10 PM

ratchet
Website

My opinion keeps on changing towards TLOS, one moment i find that it is an avarage game, the next i think that the game is an awful abomination. I was being extremely nice, and i was full of lies when i posted that post up there, my feelings towards TLOS are alot more dark.

#17 Mar 24, 2008 2:27 PM

depaul

LOS is a different game than the original spyro. Game_girl, i'm not sure what you're referring to when you talk about the "old spyro", becuase i think the first 3 are awesome, but ETD and AHT are pretty bad. So in that respect, the LOS series has reclaimed some of spyro's dignity that was lost by those two games. However, i think your argument concerning graphics and glitches is flawed. That's why games like Super Mario Bros. and Pokemon (or whatever retro games suit your fancy) have so much staying power. Spyro, like these games, was revolutionary. The game looks good by any standard, even though its graphics are outdated. But Spyro transcends the fact that it was made 10 years ago. The worlds are colorful and creative, and I still enjoy exploring them, even though I could go out and get Oblivion or Crysis and see something that is technically 100 times more advanced. I think you make the mistake of judging a book by its cover, if you'll excuse the cliche.

The original spyro games were fun. Ratchets 13 pillars of spyro are a good way to explain this, but in the end, what makes spyro great even though its graphics aren't up to date is something intangible. Maybe its becuase I grew up with it, and i remember all the times hanging out with neighbors and friends blowing stuff up. But there is definitely something intangible in those early games that makes them just plain fun to play, graphics or no graphics.

As for the new gameplay, I think the system itself is sound and its fun to play and its good looking. In fact, the combat and upgrade system is reminiscent of the Lord of the Rings games on the PS2, which i don't own but were pretty fun when i played them. TPlus, the slow-mo made for some cool matrix moments. However, I drew little satisfaction from this after the thousandth time i killed something. To be honest, you kill the same thing over and over again, the same way. It's boring. The combat system would be great if it was put in the game with a little more discretion. Maybe mix it up with some platforming elements, or have less enemies, or different kinds of enemies; pretty much anything but constant button mashing.

So all in all, ANB was not the worst game. But it could have been a lot better. The changes they made to the series were in themselves not that bad, but the application of them was poor and led to monotony.

#18 Mar 25, 2008 5:33 AM

ratchet
Website

I know that i say this alot, but i agree with you. I sometimes get angry and DO say that games like ANB are awful and that i hate them, that is rather instinct, and because i am pretty *bleep*ed off about the reboot... anyway...

#19 Apr 10, 2008 7:38 AM

spyromaster330

i have just got ANB about 2 hours ago and so far, i think it is great. I like the storyline, the gameplay and lots of other things. Its way better then i expected and i dont think its repetitive at all. Its not as good as the origanals but its way better then ETD and AHT.

#20 Apr 10, 2008 10:18 AM

Juice box

^At least you appreciate the originals.  smile

Woooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

#21 Apr 10, 2008 8:16 PM

Doppelgangergang
Banned

#22 Apr 12, 2008 5:38 AM

ratchet
Website

I do....alot actually.
I actually liked TLOS the first time i played it too!

Board footer