Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#1 Dec 22, 2007 1:22 PM

Sheita
Gems: 0

Did you like the game or not?

I'm asking this because many hates it, other loves it. So, please vote in the poll.

#2 Dec 22, 2007 2:22 PM

Game_Girl_2007

Re: Did you like the game or not?

I love it. big_smile I believe it's better than the previous Spyro games.

Some people don't like it ebcause it's nothing like the odler games. Hello! It's the 21st century. Nothing can stay the same forever. I think people who complain about the newer games needs to stop it. XD Your life is NOT ruined because another company have the rights to your favorite game. it could have been worse. The series itse;f could ahve came to an end. and I don't think you'd all want that now, would you?

lol like I said. Love the game. I want more. Now. >=o

The LoS series did NOT ruin the fandom. Nor would a Spyro movie ruin it. The fans are doing that themselves by their constant whining and complaining about small, idiotic things. It's the Sonic fandom all over again.

#3 Dec 22, 2007 2:27 PM

Spartan Dragon
Website

It's a very good game in my opinion but the one thing I love about the LOS series is the story. It's much more serious and deep than the first ones in the series.

One way to survive a horror movie

If you have a choice to hide in the closet OR run outside, RUN THE **** OUTSIDE!

#4 Dec 23, 2007 9:26 AM

ratchet
Website

Ok, time to review this game again
Gameplay-3/10
Lucky to get a 3... The gameplay will bore your pants off, all you do is walk around a boring, linear track and keep on mashing buttons to kill enemies, sure there are many different attacks and it is quite fun for an hour but if you want something more, well sorry, this is it...
Well sorta, sometimes you'll be jumping on this track and sometimes you may have to do an extremely boring puzzles, There is also 2 flying levels which are pretty much extremely pointless, all you do is fly on a track and blindly shoot fireballs which dont even come out of your mouth.
But there is nothing else to do and to top it all off, it is extremely easy and there are only 7 levels.

Story-8.5/10
The story is the only good thing about this game.
You'll be treated to tonnes of cutscenes throughout the game, a few of which are extremely detailed, unfortunately they are not skippable.
The Story is Set in a more epic and darker way then other spyro games, which kinda makes it really emotional and chilling, however there are downsides.
tHe only humour in the whole plot is the annoying sparx, hes always realy sarcastic or he says something really stupid... sometimes spyro insults him, but you can tell these big name voices weren't that brought out, they were no better than Tom kenny.
The script is quite lame and predictable, I actually thought of nearly exaculy the same story 3 years ago
But really, the bonechilling, epic cutcenes which have much quantity and quality kinda make up for the bad stuff, however, if you dont like the story, it'll be hard for you to like this game

Controls And Camera-6
The Camera is very good and i really didn't have any problems with it... but the conrols are a different story.
Square is flame which is kinda annoying seeing in the originals the fame button is circle, now you might be saying this is nitpicking but there are quite a bit extra wrong
R1 is charge, now not only is the charge really crappy but the fact it is R1 is annoying by itself, in the originals it was square.
Also, Strafe is L1, now not only do you forget this button but the stafe is crap. sure its kinda useful but spyro goes really slow and he kinda does this stupid hovering thing.
To top it all off, to change elementals is frustrating (im running out of bad adjectives), you have to stop moving to reach over and click the dpad on a specific direction to change them, and you always forget which elemental is which direction.
These extra controls are useful but they just make things more complicated.

Graphics And Design-5
The Graphics are avarage though they could be better for a 2006 game, the main problem is the design.
There is a green world, an ice world, a volcano world, an electric based crystal-castle world, anyway there is NO  real variety.
In each level, all you see same colours, swamp you see green and brown, volcano is red and brown etc etc
Most of the enemies are monkeys, they come in different suits but they stay the same sizes which are small, medium and large.
Theres nothing much else we can say but not a very appealing design

Sound-5
The Music is nice but Not catchy and all, it only bores you. there arn't many sound effects and none are extraordinary or anything, the monkeys make the same stupid noises.
The big name voice talents dont do much seeing spyro squeals like a girl and when you die he says corny lines like "dont worry, we can try again" and "lets do it".
Theres nothing else we can say about the sound but really, it is just univentful.

Lasting Appeal-3
Well, its not that long at all, you'll be lucky to finish it in more than 5 hours.... not only this but it restarts the game for you straight over, and what do you have to do?, theres no challenge mode... well the only things you'd want to do is upgrade your breaths which acheives nothing, or you just want to watch the cutscenes... really there isn't any point replaying this game.
This game isn't revolutionary, and i really dont know how it won best gamecube flatform of 2006, probably wasn't much compotion i guess.
The main thing i dont like is what It has done to Spyro.
Everything isn't spyro, the story, the controls, the design structure NOTHING, all i can say is that the company should have created a new dragon cause superchargin, fun minigames, Weird and wonderful characters and levels and just really SPYRO is not there.
Go home Krome, Your game sucked, dont make a trilogy.
Avarage:6.1, 7 Is good so this game doesn't pass
My answer is no, i did not like this game

#5 Dec 24, 2007 6:21 AM

frisby

#6 Dec 24, 2007 7:30 AM

ratchet
Website

Gamegirl: "nothing can stay the same forver".... yep and thats what killed this franchise for me.
And yes, things CAN stay the same forever, but its people like Krome who try and put this in jepourdy
Oh and it doesn't matter if my life is ruined or not, I really didn't like this game.
The series comming to an end? how, why would this happen? Besides, this game is LIKE comming to the end of the series because it aint Spyro.
So why am i here? you may say, Because im trying to tell you my opinion on things!

#7 Dec 24, 2007 12:10 PM

Blaze the Dragon

ratchet, I know you don't like the game and all, but don't you think it's possible that if Krome HADN'T stepped in, the Spyro series would've utterly died out?

#8 Dec 25, 2007 6:58 AM

ratchet
Website

well krome has killed Spyro anyway, im not talking about the franchise, im talking about actual spyro.
Krome steeping in was just like the series dieing. Not in sales but in Spyro altogether.

#9 Dec 25, 2007 12:31 PM

SamSam

#10 Dec 26, 2007 9:42 PM

ratchet
Website

i guess its just my personal experiences

#11 Dec 26, 2007 9:47 PM

Blaze the Dragon

I only just started playing it today, I'm up to the part where I have to rescue Volteer, and so far, I like it a lot!

#12 Dec 27, 2007 11:26 PM

ratchet
Website

same here, when i first played it i was thinking "gee i was wrong about TLOS" and then by the end "Finally, we have fricken beaten this terrible game"

#13 Jan 02, 2008 12:23 AM

Volteer32

Having played a bit of one of the OTHER Spyro games, I then got this game for Christmas, and yes it took me a while to finish it..

I thought the first few cutscenes were pretty average, but when it comes to the end, it looks like a real movie, especially after Cynder is defeated by Spyro, then she gets sucked into the portal and rescued.

I've started to re-play it to upgrade the breaths to the maximum just to see what it looks like - so far so good ... does get a bit boring after a while because you KNOW what to expect..

#14 Jan 02, 2008 10:46 AM

ratchet
Website

Yeah, the cutscene qualities are amazing, no problems there.
Just the fact that the gameplay is SOOOOO repetetive and very linear is stupid.

#15 Jan 06, 2008 5:47 AM

Spyron

This game was my reason to get TEN and become member here.
And it was so good but electricity was overpowered just dragged enemy down and they died from the fall.
beat it twice and got all breath upgraded.
The story was better than i expected so this game i really like.

In the shadows.

No sleep
No sleep until I am done with finding the answer
Won't stop
Won't stop before I find a cure for this cancer
Sometimes
I feel I going down and so disconnected
Somehow
I know that I am haunted to be wanted

#16 Jan 06, 2008 7:54 AM

Spyro_Loves_Me
Website

I have to give some major props on the cut scenes on this game along with the music and sound. But when it got to dialogue, it seemed a bit more quiet.
The only problem I had with it was constant fighting and the same monsters. They were all pretty much identical. Just some color changes.
Glad they stepped it up in TEN.

#17 Jan 06, 2008 8:07 AM

ratchet
Website

sound wasn't that amazing at all, the music wasn't either.

#18 Jan 06, 2008 8:19 AM

Spyron

Why are you so negative ratchet?
Try look at it from the bright side for a exchange.

In the shadows.

No sleep
No sleep until I am done with finding the answer
Won't stop
Won't stop before I find a cure for this cancer
Sometimes
I feel I going down and so disconnected
Somehow
I know that I am haunted to be wanted

#19 Jan 11, 2008 12:51 AM

ratchet
Website

Im not "negative" im just stating the facts. Besides, i probably just dont like the music cause im not into it. But sound... well i gues i just p-refer old spyro sounds.

#20 Jan 24, 2008 7:02 PM

Cynder Fan

This was my first Spyro game, so yes.  The graphics are very good, the story is good, the controls are smooth, and the cut scenes were nicely done.  Yes, the levels could have been more detailed and less linear, but the game itself made this tolerable.  The only real problem here was the excessive fighting, and the lack of more challenging puzzles. o_O

I give this game a 4 out of 5. smile

#21 Jan 25, 2008 2:09 AM

ratchet
Website

Probably because its your first spyro game you like it better.

#22 Jan 25, 2008 4:49 AM

Cynder Fan

Well, I still stand by my opinion of it being a very good game, despite it's flaws.

#23 Jan 25, 2008 5:49 AM

ratchet
Website

i gave it a rating of...
Gameplay-3/10
Story-8.5/10
Sound-6/10
Design-6/10
Controls & Camera-6/10
Lasting Appeal-3/10

Final Score-5.5

#24 Jan 25, 2008 11:15 AM

Pip
Website

#25 Jan 25, 2008 11:27 AM

ratchet
Website

alright whatever, my facts. i've already told you pip, whatever i say its my opinion, kay!

Board footer