Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#1 Sep 22, 2007 1:11 AM

DragonFireOKN
Gems: 25

My idea for the future

Spyrorocks, I think it would be a great a idea to use the gem system to its full potential.

Allow me to explain.... I think it would be a great idea to make special shops to buy ''items'' in. Like, you could have your own inventory where you could show off things you've earned or bought on the forums.

You could receive awards like, top poster for the month or you could buy trophies like in Super Smash Brothers. So in you profile you could have an option that says, ''inventory'' that everyone can see. you could buy almost anything that Spyrorocks or a moderator puts in there.

So anyway please respond and tell me what you think, I think it would be great and encourage people to post longer posts and prevent spam.

#2 Sep 22, 2007 1:19 AM

Fungeek
Gems: 0
Website

Re: My idea for the future

Well we can't really do a gaia thing, cause it wouldn't make sense at a Spyro forum. I'm really not in the state of mind to come wioth a ton of new stuff at the moment, but when the thoguht comes to mund, I'll post it here.

#3 Sep 22, 2007 1:43 AM

DragonFireOKN

I mean like an inventory I would strongly suggest this SR.

#4 Sep 22, 2007 1:47 AM

Fungeek
Website

Oh of course! I can't see why not! You could also get items depending on the number of posts you have, or we could have contest on who has the best avvie and what not.

#5 Sep 22, 2007 2:44 AM

Spyrorocks
Administrator
Award: Admin
Gems: 4
Website

I know, I have been meaning to do something like this for a while.

I would also like to have contests for actual prizes and stuff as well. Its just right now I don't have the resources for this.

I would like to do something like that. Even maybe a system where every week we nominate the most helpful member, most fun member, etc etc and they get a little thing to display below their Gems count..

#6 Sep 22, 2007 2:46 AM

Fungeek
Website

If you did do that, I'd probably get the most freindly award! Not. I would try for it though.

Just not enough capital finance huh? We understand. hmm

#7 Sep 22, 2007 3:33 AM

Spyrorocks
Administrator
Award: Admin
Gems: 4
Website

Really, I would love to have cash prizes and stuff here. Or even an Ipod giveaway. I just don't have the resources for it right now.

Eventually, I might implant the shop (Fully) and have some rewards systems.

#8 Sep 22, 2007 12:03 PM

warrior_juggalo

You don't want people flooding the board with spam just to get there post count up to get trophy's, The admins and Mod's should reserve the right to say no if they have "Cheated" so to speak there post count.

#9 Sep 22, 2007 2:24 PM

DragonFireOKN

you could still make a shop where you wouldt acually get stuff sent to you, but you could get stuff online that would show on your profile, that way you could still buy things but SR wouldnt have to pay for it. but yeah, an awards system would be nice.

Board footer