You are not logged in.

#1 Sep 18, 2007 2:31 AM

LoneKnight
Gems: 0
Website

Fall 2007 Administration Review

Well, fall is just around the corner, and I'd like to know what people think of the current administration of the Spyroforums.

Want to make any suggestions? Want to voice any opinions, anything you'd like to see changed, anything you'd like to have answered, or just express your gratitude for us, please do so.

If you vote that we are lacking in some fields, tell us where, and how we can improve in them. Thanks, and know that we all take careful consideration into what the community comments on us, so that we can do a better job. We don't freak out of constructive critisizms, just so long as it is constructive.

Thanks

Spyrorocks, Lone Knight, Labyrinth, Spyro

#2 Sep 18, 2007 2:44 AM

DanteAndVergil
Birthday: 4 April

Re: Fall 2007 Administration Review

I'm going to state what I think as much as it is going to get me nowhere but meh

Well as of late the administration suffered Lone Knight taking leave (thankfully he returned) leaving only spyrorocks to watch the forum. Some time later a replacement for Lone Knight came to rise Labyrnth.

But really the only real active moderator now is Lone Knight but in all honesty i was probably the most active there was (when i was a moderator that is) and spyroforum needs that now and as much as this may sound desperate but I would like to try again (or have a second chance)

Sorry i needed to get that off my chest

#3 Sep 18, 2007 8:14 PM

SpyroGirl101
Gems: 10
Birthday: 14 April
Website

Welcome back LoneKnight! It's good to see you!

#4 Sep 19, 2007 12:16 AM

Fungeek
Website

Well, the moderators have been falling through the ranks one by one, so they need to get more of them (Speaking of which, is there an age requirement to be a moderator here? wink ) Still, the mods that are still mods are doing well on their duties, so.....that's my opinion. smile

#5 Sep 19, 2007 12:59 AM

LoneKnight
Website

There is no age requirement. We'd like there to be a maturity requirement though. I have lasted as long as I have because I am experienced in forum moderating, and act rather cold, emotionless, and to the point with my job. Letting emotions take over the job means mistakes happen more frequently.

And, as for Darkcynder, you will not be a moderator here. Not now, not for a very long time would we consider allowing you to rejoin the ranks. I commend you for expressing your thoughts on this subject, but due to the recent storm, which is passing (but not past, mind you), I would lean strongly against it. You also did play a pivitol role in the storm, which adds to the problem. You are a good, dedicated moderator, but I cannot see you rejoining our ranks any time soon.

If anyone would like to point out any administration issues or problems, or have a questions, feel free to ask.

#6 Sep 19, 2007 4:05 AM

Spyro_Loves_Me
Website

Well, I wouldn't say the moderation has been terrible these past few weeks or so, but it did seem a bit shaky.
When I say this, I'm specifically talking about the amount of inactivity going on. I wouldn't say that more moderators are needed. Oh no. We definitely have enough mods to keep this forum under control. All we need are the ones who are inactive to become active.

As for the ones who are active.. I think they're doing a great job! smile
At least in my eyes they are.

#7 Sep 19, 2007 4:30 AM

Fungeek
Website

#8 Sep 20, 2007 1:22 PM

Zekira Drake

I can't really say anything right now. I'm not familiar with the administration anymore...

#9 Sep 28, 2007 8:27 AM

AArdwark

One administrator is yet we

#10 Oct 19, 2007 9:34 PM

DanteAndVergil
Birthday: 4 April

#11 Oct 21, 2007 4:59 PM

Stormy
Administrator
Award: Admin
Gems: 540
Birthday: 3 April
Website

I'm pretty sure my opinion isn't needed, but whatever, I'll say it anyway.

This forum does not really need another moderator. It seems Spyrorocks, LoneKnight, and Labyrnth are doing a good job. If Spyrorocks needed another mod, the moderator applications thread would be open right now. So I say, let the administration continue to be the way it is.

I did enjoy being a moderator here while it lasted, but as I am neither "experienced in forum moderating, cold, emotionless, or to the point," I was probably not the best choice. I was only picked because of my friendship with the admin. Not one of the moderators here, current or former, was chosen because he or she had proved him/herself worthy; all of them were picked for personal reasons. So, if we do get another moderator, it should be someone who can be trusted, preferably someone not very close to the admin so they don't get in arguments over everything. While I admit I would love to have my job as moderator back, I understand that it will never happen, and that there are far more worthy candidates than myself.

If I had to recommend someone, it would be Zekira Drake. He has been here quite a long time and knows the rules, and occasionally steps in as a leader to make sure they are followed. His posts make sense, have good grammar and spelling, and are most of the time very easy to follow. He, unlike anyone else before him, has proved himself. Like I said before, I don't think we need a new moderator at this time. If we ever do, though, I hope that, if Zekira is willing, he would be given a chance.

Board footer