Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jan 04, 2017 7:55 PM

Attackfrog277
Gems: 0

So...when do you think the Spyro remastered are coming?

Love or hate the idea, the impending release of the Crash Bandicoot N. Sane trilogy all but confirms Spyro to follow suit on the condition that the Crash games sell well. Since the Crash remakes were announced the year of his 20 anniversary and are set to release sometime this year. Do you think we'll have to wait until 2019 to get our hands on Spyro remakes? Or does evidence point to it being announced sometime this year for a 2018 release?

Also, it's now known that additions have been made to Crash 1 such as time attack. What additions would you like see to the Spyro trilogy HD remaster?

#2 Jan 04, 2017 11:02 PM

Aura24
Gems: 750
Website

Re: So...when do you think the Spyro remastered are coming?

I can probably expect possible Spyro remasters announcement later this year, or in 2018.

If extra features are added in the remakes, I hope there is a free flight mechanic, not exclusively in Speedways.

#3 Jan 05, 2017 12:35 AM

Drako

I think it will depend on how well does the Crash Bandicoot remakes sell , but i'm not really sure.
We will just have to wait and see hmm
I really hope we can get at least the original trilogy remade.

#4 Jan 05, 2017 2:56 AM

Paranoia
Award: contest mod
Gems: 136
Birthday: 6 February
Website

I don't think it really confirms anything... though I'm always someone to temper my hype, since promising video games often disappoint. Crash was pretty dormant for a while and needed a revival, but Spyro still has the Skylanders thing going, which, from my limited knowledge, seems to be doing pretty well.

It would be pretty cool though! As far as changes go, maybe a hard mode or new game+ with more difficult challenges or enemies on your second playthrough. I would be super judgemental of any changes that are made, but wouldn't mind them getting more creative if Insomniac themselves actually got involved.

#5 Jan 06, 2017 6:27 AM

Sar The Bazaar
Birthday: 10 October
Website

im not keeping my hopes up, though it would be the best thing ever to have it remastered, im not gonna get crushed because they didint

#6 Feb 08, 2017 8:29 PM

Nobololol

Remakes would be awesome cool I'm guessing it might be announced in late 2017 or early 2018. gem

#7 Feb 09, 2017 4:29 AM

EricChristianOlsenFanatic
Birthday: 1 November

I hope they do a Spyro remake or a remastering.

I have changed my username from Justin Long Fanatic to EricChristianOlsenFanatic, so Justin Long Fanatic is my old name on this site, and EricChristianOlsenFanatic is my new one.

#8 Feb 12, 2017 2:28 PM

CrystalFissure
Website

My guess is that something will be announced after Crash's release.

#9 Feb 21, 2017 9:56 PM

Mr. John
Gems: -2,720

Maybe by 2018 or 2019 they may announce something but like everyone said it depends on how the remakes for Crash do!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

Cayla Mills

#10 Mar 04, 2017 3:24 AM

LytaneVS

If they do a remastered version are they going to update the graphics and change litterally everything like they are doing for the Crash games? I wonder if they would use an updated version of his old model, his skylanders model because that's his most current and famous iteration at the moment or a whole new design? I would like an updated version of his old one. Not like Crash who looks pretty horrible in my opinion.

When not running around the dragon realms I like to post some videos onto Youtube!
Just look up LytaneVS and you'll find me smile

#11 Mar 04, 2017 6:03 AM

Krys

I would LOVE a remastered version. But the reason I love the original trilogy, is due to its cartoony and whacky nature. As the franchise grew and changed from owner to owner, it got less and less light hearted, and the plot literally thickened. I personally haven't played any other games aside the original trilogy + Dawn of the Dragon, but I've seen a lot of videos and content, and from what I saw, I wasn't really too pleased. Although I absolutely loved the graphics of DotD, the plot was too serious for me, and I wasn't too fond of the "beat 'em up" game style.

I'm definitely one for multiverses and variety, but I feel like the heart of the game just sort of got lost along the way. So if the original trilogy would to make a comeback, I'd really hope that it'd still be colorful and cartoony, just with better models. I'd love to see all the old characters again. Though, to be totes honest, I really love old school low poly models, lol. But still, would love a remaster!!

Board footer