You are not logged in.

#1 May 03, 2016 4:57 PM

H4tty
Gems: 0
Birthday: 21 August

My computer randomly spazzed out

Basically, I was browsing these forums and my screen flickered and went off, mouse went off and so did keyboard. The computer was still on, but not doing anything. Then I restarted it and I was fine smile

What could've caused this? I mean, I dont have any viruses, I have anti-virus. The page wasn't infected too, people had responded, so really I don't have an answer to this...

#2 May 03, 2016 7:28 PM

NeoReaper

Re: My computer randomly spazzed out

First thing to do would be to check if your drivers are up to date.
Do you have any idea of what the specs of your system is/model no.?

-Intel I7 4770k 4.5Ghz / Phanteks U-Type Black    -Vengeance (Hynix) 16Gb 1600Mhz   -Kingston SSDNow M.2 / 2TB Seagate Constellation
-Asus Intel Z97-P    -Zalman z11 Plus Case    -Windows 10 Insider Edition    -XFX R9 280X 3GB

#3 May 03, 2016 10:18 PM

Swaffy
Gems: 218

If both your mouse and keyboard are USB you may wanna check your USB 2.0 (or 3.0) driver.

#4 May 04, 2016 1:42 AM

Stormy
Administrator
Award: Admin
Gems: 540
Birthday: 3 April
Website

Unless it happens again, I probably wouldn't worry about it too much. Computers just do weird stuff sometimes, and often the problems are flukes that you can't replicate and will take too much time to try to figure out anyway. I can assure you it couldn't have anything to do with this forum, though, and it definitely doesn't sound like something a virus would do. You're probably fine.

#5 May 04, 2016 10:49 PM

EricChristianOlsenFanatic
Birthday: 1 November

Computers do weird stuff all the time, so I wouldn't worry about it too much, basically what Stormy said.

I have changed my username from Justin Long Fanatic to EricChristianOlsenFanatic, so Justin Long Fanatic is my old name on this site, and EricChristianOlsenFanatic is my new one.

Board footer