Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#1 Apr 21, 2016 8:00 PM

DragonWithinMe
Gems: 0
Birthday: 1 April
Website

Reminiscence

It's been 7 years since I last visited this forum. I honestly don't know what's happened in the meantime, but I do want to talk to you lot. Since some folks seem to remember me, I'm curious to know how. What do you remember me by? And if it's all the same, you can try jolting my memory since I don't remember too much from 7 years ago. I love awaking old memories.

You can ask me as much questions as I ask you. I just want to get to know you people, both old and new.

To start I guess I'll introduce myself again: Aside my username here, I'm nowadays using the name Monarth. My actual name's Jesse and I'm currently an engineering student aspiring for video game designing. I dream to bring alive games from my imagination that's been inspired by the Legend of Spyro so much and many other games. My hobbies are being a lego artist and biking. In my old spyroforum days I used to do poetry too and somewhere in between I also did origami.

I originally got into spyroforum after falling in love with The Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning. On this forum I made many good friends. Doppelgangergang, Akirex, Ayumi and a few others, though I don't think I remember their names. It was fun for a couple of years chatting with them as we formed our private group, but eventually we drifted apart as members vanished one by one, which pretty much ended my days on forums. It was good memories though. It was fun messing in this forum too, talking about TLoS, playing forum games, poetry jamming and whatnot. In a way I miss those days, but life's going forward and I've got dreams to accomplish.

But enough about me. I wanna know about you bunch. Let's have good chat. Who are you and what do you do? What's fun about spyroforum? What memories do you have of this place?

And of course:
It's nice to meet you all, old and new. =]

#2 Apr 21, 2016 11:49 PM

EricChristianOlsenFanatic
Birthday: 1 November

Re: Reminiscence

My name is EricChristianOlsenFanatic and I currently work part time as a file clerk, what's fun about the forums to me is I get to chat with cool people and be a part of a cool community and I have a lot of memories of the forums.

Last edited by EricChristianOlsenFanatic (Apr 21, 2016 11:49 PM)

I have changed my username from Justin Long Fanatic to EricChristianOlsenFanatic, so Justin Long Fanatic is my old name on this site, and EricChristianOlsenFanatic is my new one.

#3 Apr 22, 2016 3:50 AM

36IStillLikeSpyro36
Award: Globmod
Gems: -4,018
Website

all i can remember, it seems, is your old avatar. i feel bad hmm maybe you were more active in the days when i didn't get on here quite as often.

Doppel and Ayumi were both banned a long time ago. not sure who Akirex is... is that Antr the Rolf? i'm not really sure where he went.

as for me, i'm ... 36ISLS36 tongue i'm a musician/artist/photographer, rookie theologian and brony. i've been on here since 2008. i have lots of memories of various things that have happened over the years. and also things that have happened in my life over the course of being a member here. i'm not a very social person overall - this is one of the only places i actually talk to other people. and i'm generally more social here than i am other places.

#4 Apr 22, 2016 5:16 PM

DragonWithinMe
Website

#5 Apr 22, 2016 5:35 PM

36IStillLikeSpyro36
Website

yeah, i remember he had a girlfriend on here. i think her name was DragonPrincess. she hasn't been here in several years, either. i never talked to Doppel much, except for maybe a few random comments on YouTube back in the day. i used to talk to Ayumi a little bit on YouTube, though i doubt he'd remember me at this point. i know he never messaged me whenever he tried to evade his ban on here.

i play the keyboard, i can kind of play the guitar, and i sing. i have a Kaossilator that i need to start using. sometimes i use Audacity. i downloaded FL Studio (again) recently, and want to play around with that.

never heard of Magix Music Maker o.O

and yeah, some of the MLP merchandise is kind of weird. tongue nevertheless, i have some anyway.

#6 Apr 22, 2016 6:21 PM

Swaffy
Gems: 218

#7 Apr 22, 2016 7:46 PM

DragonWithinMe
Website

#8 Apr 22, 2016 8:19 PM

36IStillLikeSpyro36
Website

oh, i'm self-taught. tongue i don't take lessons for instruments.

there are more instruments i'd like to learn to play, but yeah, they get expensive fast. one of those instruments is an erhu, but i don't like how most of them require skins from snakes - i'd have to make sure whatever erhu i purchased didn't use real skins.

Last edited by 36IStillLikeSpyro36 (Apr 22, 2016 8:19 PM)

#9 Apr 22, 2016 9:40 PM

Swaffy

#10 Apr 22, 2016 10:06 PM

Stormy
Administrator
Award: Admin
Gems: 540
Birthday: 3 April
Website

Those three you mentioned are all very memorable to me because they all got into some sort of trouble with SR. Haha. I wasn't a mod for all of that time that they were there (Doppel pretty much took my place as a mod, and then I took it back not long after he was banned. Long story) but I still heard about it all anyway.

I mostly stayed out of the roleplaying section, but you might remember me as one of those original Spyro snobs. I was in a lot of those original Spyro vs TLoS "debates," and I'm pretty sure I remember you being in them. I don't know why I cared so much back then about "proving" that TLoS was bad, but I definitely don't care about it now. tongue So sorry for being rude back then.

A lot has happened since then for me. I went to college, got married, and had a son who is now 15 months old now and super adorable. I spend most of what little free time with four-panel dance gaming (DDR, ITG, Stepmania, etc). It's actually very physically demanding at the level I'm at, so I'm getting to be in pretty good shape from it. Oh and I'm going to be working part time again frim home pretty soon as a front end web developer.

#11 Apr 22, 2016 10:54 PM

Waffled
Gems: 10

Last edited by Waffled (Apr 22, 2016 10:56 PM)

#12 Apr 22, 2016 11:19 PM

DragonWithinMe
Website

#13 Apr 22, 2016 11:24 PM

Paranoia
Award: contest mod
Gems: 136
Birthday: 6 February
Website

Glad to have you back! I have a really bad memory for internet-related things, so I don't really remember you--sorry! I've also taken many breaks from the forum for months or years at a time so I may have missed you completely.

I used to go by DDR_Maniac back in the day - lots of my old posts were pretty...interesting as well, but that's just being a teenager for you. I'm also Stormy's brother, which is why I'm a mod now, basically. tongue

Graduating with my bachelor's degree in the last year and landing a GIS contractor job are the biggest happenings in my life recently. I'm currently looking for an apartment so I can move out of my parents house and avoid the terrible commute to work. I play a lot of Stepmania/DDR/ITG for exercise too, and also started up a livestream which I enjoy doing in my free time along with video games. Now that the weather is finally warming up, I'll be outside running, playing tennis, and frisbee golf too.

#14 Apr 22, 2016 11:29 PM

DragonWithinMe
Website

#15 Apr 23, 2016 9:39 AM

DragonWithinMe
Website

Last edited by DragonWithinMe (Apr 23, 2016 9:41 AM)

#16 Apr 23, 2016 1:59 PM

Waffled

Last edited by Waffled (Apr 23, 2016 4:02 PM)

#17 Apr 23, 2016 3:09 PM

Paranoia
Award: contest mod
Gems: 136
Birthday: 6 February
Website

#18 Apr 23, 2016 9:20 PM

DragonWithinMe
Website

#19 Apr 24, 2016 1:50 AM

Stormy
Administrator
Award: Admin
Gems: 540
Birthday: 3 April
Website

We picked a really minimalistic forum software in order to keep things somewhat fast and light, so any kind of system like that, while cool, would most likely have to be coded from scratch. Which I definitely don't have the time for, unfortunately. Heck it's been like 2 years and I still never made the new logo since SR didn't like my original one. tongue

And yeah, the forum's definitely seen better days in terms of activity, but it's kind of nice in a way. We all get to know each other really well, especially since most of us have been here for years.

#20 Apr 24, 2016 2:22 AM

NeoReaper

I need to stop being a ghost watching all the threads in the background and post more every now and then lol...

-Intel I7 4770k 4.5Ghz / Phanteks U-Type Black    -Vengeance (Hynix) 16Gb 1600Mhz   -Kingston SSDNow M.2 / 2TB Seagate Constellation
-Asus Intel Z97-P    -Zalman z11 Plus Case    -Windows 10 Insider Edition    -XFX R9 280X 3GB

#21 Apr 24, 2016 3:40 AM

SpyroGirl101
Birthday: 14 April
Website

^ Same. Lol. I get on here a lot to read and see what's going on, but I never post anything. Hopefully that will change when I finally graduate college in 2 weeks. I do remember you, DragonWithinMe. I was also an original Spyro snob, like Stormy. tongue I actually remember getting a temporary ban for attacking people who preferred the Legend series. I can't believe I was ever like that. I look back at so many of my old posts on here and think, "Wow, I was really stupid." xD Haha! But I've actually grown to really love playing the Legend games for their story. I'll always prefer the originals, but I can also appreciate the others! Nice to see you here again, btw. smile I'm glad you made this thread. I love revisiting old memories.

Edit: Wow, I just looked at my join date. I can't believe I've been here for a little over 9 years...

Last edited by SpyroGirl101 (Apr 24, 2016 3:42 AM)

#22 Apr 24, 2016 4:50 AM

Swaffy

Last edited by Swaffy (Apr 24, 2016 4:51 AM)

#23 Apr 24, 2016 3:05 PM

Mr. John
Gems: -2,720

My name's Mr. John I'm a resident Brony as well and just a guy who loves stopping by and enjoying all the forums have to offer. Nice to meet ya.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

Cayla Mills

#24 Apr 24, 2016 8:07 PM

DragonWithinMe
Website

#25 Apr 29, 2016 8:28 PM

DragonWithinMe
Website

After all this talk, I began a little chat group with Ayumi and Doppel. An interesting, yet awkward discussion is about to ensue...

Board footer