#2 Feb 26, 2016 2:38 PM

Stormy
Administrator
Award: Admin
Gems: 540
Birthday: 3 April
Website

Re: Why do lions have mane?

Same reason a lot of male birds have brightly-colored feathers - the females preferred that trait for whatever reason and chose mates based on that, then the traits got passed on to their babies. What would make them prefer that in the first place, I'm not sure. Maybe just because it stands out more?

#3 Feb 26, 2016 4:59 PM

Steinar
Banned
Gems: 0

Ah come to think about it my question is silly now. Because if we look at our own bodies we technically have small hair growing out, which could be called fur if it covered our entire bodies and they are small. I guess some species are just gifted with growing the maximum hairstyle more or less. Like horses to choose one example big_smile.

Also... If we had primates who had purple or pink fur, then we could have had pink or purple hair genetically. True story. Considering there exists birds and others with that color. Anime would literally be real if that was in the hair genetic tongue. But its odd that this trait is only popular from european countries which spread out when emigrated for example to USA etc, which had red, orange, blonde, black and brown hair. Like other places usually only have brown or black hair. But diversity is pretty cool either way big_smile

Last edited by Steinar (Feb 26, 2016 5:02 PM)

Ban reason: Trolling

#4 Feb 27, 2016 1:24 AM

EricChristianOlsenFanatic
Gems: 0
Birthday: 1 November

I think the male lions have manes to show how different they are from the female lions, but I don't know lol.

I have changed my username from Justin Long Fanatic to EricChristianOlsenFanatic, so Justin Long Fanatic is my old name on this site, and EricChristianOlsenFanatic is my new one.

Board footer