Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jan 16, 2016 2:25 AM

Steinar
Banned
Gems: 0

PS4 or Xbox One... Do they even sell games?

Last edited by Steinar (Jan 16, 2016 2:27 AM)

Ban reason: Trolling

#2 Jan 16, 2016 4:08 AM

Paranoia
Award: contest mod
Gems: 136
Birthday: 6 February
Website

Re: PS4 or Xbox One... Do they even sell games?

I just built a PC for longevity and convenience. There just aren't enough games on either console to justify a purchase for me. If money was no object, I would get a PS4 because I generally have liked Playstation exclusives. Controllers and peripherals don't make a difference for me; I just look for good quality games. (unless we're talking about dance pads, but I could go on and on about that tongue )

That said, video games aren't as big a part of my life as they once were. I generally just play Stepmania every day for exercise and boot up the occasional Smash Bros.

#3 Jan 16, 2016 8:28 AM

Swaffy
Gems: 218

I bought the original Xbox so I can play Halo... but that's kind of opposite of the topic, since it's about console selling games.

I switched to PC because of a few personal reasons. I was tired of paying for a yearly Xbox Live subscription. But I was a bit worried about what games I'd play on PC since I was so used to console games' play style (yes it is different). For example, console gamers rely more on voice chat instead of text chat. PC relies more heavily on text chat (more than console at least). I installed Steam for free, free account and all. The only thing you need to play PC games online is an Internet connection (just like PS4). I definitely saved money on buying games. And I love the moddability of PC games. I think the ease of modding in PC games actually won me over. As for PS4, I never had a bit of interest in it... especially after playing Halo on Xbox and Battlefield on PC.

I also realized how well I aim (precision aiming where a single pixel can make the difference) using a mouse, over the controllers. Mouse and keyboard is more functional for me. So, in essence, the PC system sold any PC games I own.

#4 Jan 17, 2016 1:01 AM

EricChristianOlsenFanatic
Birthday: 1 November

I guess I would have to vote for PC, not a big PS4 or Xbox fan.

I have changed my username from Justin Long Fanatic to EricChristianOlsenFanatic, so Justin Long Fanatic is my old name on this site, and EricChristianOlsenFanatic is my new one.

#5 Jan 17, 2016 2:36 PM

RangerOfIthilien
Gems: -495
Birthday: 30 March

I vote READ A BOOK YOU *bleep* KIDS

*grumbles incoherently*

Okay seriously though, I have so much of a backlog on my PS3 and games I haven't bought or rented but want for my WiiU I don't even care about PS4/XBone

Chessmaster
Level 67

#6 Jan 18, 2016 1:14 AM

Flapjacks
Birthday: 5 October

PS4 and Xbox One have a large audience of more casual gamers-- if you're more dedicated to playing games you will probably go for a PC. That's just me, though. I don't care what platform you play on, but in my opinion, PC is the best.

#7 Jan 18, 2016 8:47 PM

Stormy
Administrator
Award: Admin
Gems: 540
Birthday: 3 April
Website

I don't care about the hardware or brand or whatever. If it has games I'm interested in (and I have the money for it, and I have time to play them) I'll buy the console. Haven't even remotely considered buying either a PS4 or Xbox One because none of those things are true for either console.

#8 Jan 18, 2016 11:19 PM

EricChristianOlsenFanatic
Birthday: 1 November

I have changed my username from Justin Long Fanatic to EricChristianOlsenFanatic, so Justin Long Fanatic is my old name on this site, and EricChristianOlsenFanatic is my new one.

Board footer